Facts

Closed Thread
Old 07-02-2019, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,949 Times in 1,705 Posts

Probably not quite the thread the OP expected I can’t quite make out what the actual issue was. But I love the discourse as a result, the wisdom of the people who post here. Such a pleasure to “listen” to you.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:06 AM

This is highly indicative of the problems we are facing. There is no such thing as "personal facts" there is only personal opinion. If you present facts in an untruthful way, or incomplete, that is a LIE.
Old 07-02-2019, 10:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Probably not quite the thread the OP expected I can’t quite make out what the actual issue was. But I love the discourse as a result, the wisdom of the people who post here. Such a pleasure to “listen” to you.
I agree totally.

As one who has been openly criticized for supplying links to support my opinion and presentation of "facts", and made fun of for asking for such credible basis, I can say I offer no apology. To have civil discourse or learn from others, you must have that.

Seems to me it used to be the accepted practice on this forum until recently, and I have often...very often....echoed how much I learned from posting on this forum in the past and reading others.

Not so much any more as you can see.....some posters openly have disdain for facts.......and say so, which to me is incredible and screams justification for "shredding" what is true.

i believe in the real world, we always have known what is a fact and what is not...what is true and what is not.

Key is to accept it. Circular reasoning seems to abound.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:33 AM
TOTV Moderator

This has been an interesting philosophical discussion about Facts, truth, and opinions.

Please keep your posts and thoughts generic and don't let this stimulating discussion turn into personal conflicts.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
I agree totally.

As one who has been openly criticized for supplying links to support my opinion and presentation of "facts", and made fun of for asking for such credible basis, I can say I offer no apology.

To have civil discourse or learn from others, you must have that.

Seems to me it used to be the accepted practice on this forum until recently, and I have often...very often....echoed how much I learned from posting on this forum in the past and reading others.

Not so much any more as you can see.....some posters openly have disdain for facts.......and say so, which to me is incredible and screams justification for "shredding" what is true.

i believe in the real world, we always have known what is a fact and what is not...what is true and what is not.

Key is to accept it. Circular reasoning seems to abound.
Ditto.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts

I started a similar post on "truth" that flirted with subjects not allowed but found it very enlightening by our smart posters!
Closed Thread

Tags
“facts”, evidence, based, don’t, rammed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.