Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Famous People Living in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/famous-people-living-villages-55509/)

skyguy79 06-24-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 510751)
That's a very nice response, renrod. :shrug:

Gary Corsair did a small article on me for the Villages Daily Sun back in late May 2007 about my efforts trying to help survivors of crimes in Lake/Sumter/and Marion Counties. This was respect to getting the Florida Victim Services linked from these County Library Systems. I also tried to do this from the Lake/Sumter/and Marion County Sheriff's websites. The FL AG General's Office had suggested I try to make these connections back in 2000 and I have never given up trying.

Thought that was a very nice pat on the back from the Villages Daily Sun.

This is work that needs other people though to show a concern for survivors/victims of crimes by making requests to these libraries and sheriff's offices websites to get a link to the Florida Victim Services Directory. Victim Services Directory

It is on TOTV though, so it should help some people in this area when they need this information.

When I first started reading your prior post, I at first was thinking that it was a bit of a stretch. However, my problem was that... (drum roll) ... I was thinking! :22yikes:

By the time I finished reading it though, I told myself, hey skyguy, that post wasn't a pat on the back. It was perfecly within the parameters of the question I asked and it was informative besides! Your post certainly didn't deserve the comment on the post you quoted! I'm glad to see that it got deleted, post haste! Kudos on your efforts as you described them!

Someday I'll tell you about my 10 years of fame... that relatively few people know about! :a20:

Taltarzac725 06-24-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyguy79 (Post 510776)
When I first started reading your prior post, I at first was thinking that it was a bit of a stretch. However, my problem was that... (drum roll) ... I was thinking! :22yikes:

By the time I finished reading it though, I told myself, hey skyguy, that post wasn't a pat on the back. It was perfecly within the parameters of the question I asked and it was informative besides! Your post certainly didn't deserve the comment on the post you quoted! I'm glad to see that it got deleted, post haste! Kudos on your efforts as you described them!

Someday I'll tell you about my 10 years of fame... that relatively few people know about! :a20:

Well, that would be interesting. I have left out the more interesting aspects of my fight for access to practical information for survivors/victims of crimes as they are rather unbelievable. I sometimes think I need a tinfoil hat to tell them.

I did try to get the help of what was at the time the best resource for legal information for lay people-- Findlaw- back from 2000 or so through 2005 but had very little success because of extremely clever trolls.

I did also hear from people about what I posted on Findlaw that many would consider celebrities even though you never actually know whom you are talking with on the Internet. Could have been some 13 year old in Topeka with too much time on his hands.

Irishmen 06-24-2012 12:50 PM

John Travolta Dad in Katie Belles yesterday around 3pm.

rhood 06-24-2012 01:17 PM

Opry star and singer Margo Smith and her husband own a home in Chatham as well as Brentwood, TN.
World Famous Tennessee Yodeler - Christian Music Recording Star - World Class Entertainer Gifted Songwriter

skyguy79 06-24-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishmen (Post 510809)

He lives in The Villages? Was he wearing a white suit? Was he disco dancing! LoL

Taltarzac725 06-24-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishmen (Post 510809)

Do they look alike???

Remember someone at the Doggie Doo Run Run talking about Tim Tebow's dad and that you rarely if ever see him. Just Tebow's mother.

mickey100 06-24-2012 01:24 PM

I believe Blair Peterson, head of the Villages Archery club, used to be an Olympic archery coach. I think he's ranked very high statewide as an archer himself.

eweissenbach 06-24-2012 01:39 PM

My wife and I will be there in February!

Bonny 06-24-2012 01:53 PM

It seems a couple of years ago there was an article that talked about Kay Starr and she lives in Stonecrest. Not sure though.

Taltarzac725 06-24-2012 02:02 PM

A friend of a friend was/is a professional photographer who used to live in the Villages a few years back. Believe he moved to one of the Dell Webb places close by about 5 years ago.

The man did have pictures in various magazines. Cannot come up with his name though.

rubicon 06-24-2012 02:04 PM

The Shadow and Mr. Midnight are the same guy:1rotfl:

samhass 06-24-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickey100 (Post 510824)
I believe Blair Peterson, head of the Villages Archery club, used to be an Olympic archery coach. I think he's ranked very high statewide as an archer himself.

He does. In fact, he and his wife had dinner with us last night and we will dine together again tonight.

Bill-n-Brillo 06-24-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 510832)
My wife and I will be there in February!

Law enforcement officials will be waiting. :shocked:

:jester:

Bill :wave:

gatherer47 06-24-2012 02:51 PM

I'd heard that it was Kaye Stevens not Kay Starr who lived in the Villages.She made lots of appearances on Dean Martin and various talk shows in the 60s.I could be wrong though.Perhaps they both live here.

skyguy79 06-24-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo (Post 510879)
Law enforcement officials will be waiting. :shocked:

:jester:

Bill :wave:

When did you say you were returning to TV? http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...leySnicker.gif