Famous people you have met.

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Rael Furniture In House Repair
Default famous people

jeff bleustein chairman of the board harley-davidson was aa customer in my showroom
Old 06-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Rael Furniture In House Repair
Default biker

i met jeff bleustein several times when he came into my furniture showroom. he is the past chairman of the board of harley-davidson motorcycles.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:13 PM

Met Jaclyn Smith while waiting for a flight from Las Vegas to Los Angeles that was delayed for 2 hours. Absolutely the most down-to-earth, nicest person you could ever hope to meet. Her biggest concern was getting her 12-year-old daughter home in time to get her homework done.
Got to meet David Copperfield (my secret crush) backstage at Ceasar's in Las Vegas - an anniversary present arranged by my husband, whose company transported all his show equipment all over the country. Probably the shyest person I've ever met - very unlike his stage persona.
Interviewed Lily Tomlin for my college newspaper - a real b***h.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:43 PM

Met Clint Eastwood and Sandra Locke at the Hogsbreath Inn (which he owned) in Carmel By The Sea. They and another couple came into the bar area and a buddy of mine and I moved over a couple of bar stools so the group could sit together. He was very gracious and thanked us several times for being courteous. Then another couple they knew came in, Clint got up from the bar stool and leaned against mine and me for the next twenty minutes or so until we left. He's bigger and heavier than he looks.

Also got to give Leonard Nemoy and entourage a tour of the ship as they scouted sites for Star Trek Four. Nice guy! The crew ate it up.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

I just remembered that back in 1968 or 69 while attending a CB Jamboree (anyone remember those) Tammy Wynett's career was just starting out and she was there giving out autographs. I got one with her picture, but it's long gone today! She passed away 14 years ago this past April.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 06-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Veteran member

David Bromstead when he was playing pickleball with mom and dad here at Churchill then tootling around on the golf cart.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Veteran member
Default Famous People

I was an air traffic controller on Midway Island in 1968 and met Bob Hope and Ann Margaret. Bob was nice. He let me swing his golf club. Ann, and the girls with her, The Gold Diggers I think, were really into themselves.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Default Dr. King, Chubby Checker, Stephen King, Michelle Obama

Way back in the 60s I went to a lecture by someone called Martin Luther King at Illinois Wesleyan. I didn't know much about the civil rights movement, it just wasn't on my radar. By the end of the evening, I was a different person. Years later, I think of that night and how close I was to this person who changed our society.
Many years later, in Springfield at Lincolnland Community College I danced the twist with Chubby Checker on stage..whoo hoo.
I met Stephen King and his wife walking their corkie on a beach near Siesta Key.
I also had the honor of meeting Michelle Obama at a luncheon long before Barrack Obama decided to run. I said after that luncheon, what a wonderful first lady she would be if he did decide to run.
That's it for my list of "famous" people. I think everyone is famous to someone, even if in a small way. We can only hope that we have touched the life of someone to make a difference.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfield View Post
Way back in the 60s I went to a lecture by someone called Martin Luther King at Illinois Wesleyan. I didn't know much about the civil rights movement, it just wasn't on my radar. By the end of the evening, I was a different person. Years later, I think of that night and how close I was to this person who changed our society.
Many years later, in Springfield at Lincolnland Community College I danced the twist with Chubby Checker on stage..whoo hoo.
I met Stephen King and his wife walking their corkie on a beach near Siesta Key.
I also had the honor of meeting Michelle Obama at a luncheon long before Barrack Obama decided to run. I said after that luncheon, what a wonderful first lady she would be if he did decide to run.
That's it for my list of "famous" people. I think everyone is famous to someone, even if in a small way. We can only hope that we have touched the life of someone to make a difference.
What a beautiful sentiment.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:05 AM

I have met some stars and far too many politicians to remember (most of whom nauseatingly thought they were 'stars'!).

However, the person that will always stick in my mind was Simon Weisenthal. I did not meet him, but had the honor of listening to him give a speech. Never, ever have I felt so humbled to be in the same room with someone. That was 25++ years ago and I still feel the same when I think of it.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Lis View Post
I have met some stars and far too many politicians to remember (most of whom nauseatingly thought they were 'stars'!).

However, the person that will always stick in my mind was Simon Weisenthal. I did not meet him, but had the honor of listening to him give a speech. Never, ever have I felt so humbled to be in the same room with someone. That was 25++ years ago and I still feel the same when I think of it.
Simon Wiesenthal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There have been several Holocaust survivors who gives speeches at the Jewish Synagoue on CR101.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:51 PM

Thanks, T.725!
Old 06-06-2012, 02:01 PM

Saw retired General Omar Bradley in Heidelberg Germany, I went to school with his grandson and he brought him in for show and tell. He decribed many details of D-Day and mentioned why they never bomb and save Heidelberg during the war, because it was a very beautiful place, of course with the agreement they didnt bomb a particular place in London. His favorite joke at the time was: What did Hitler say when he saw his brand new baby? Hotzi totzi I got a brand new Natzi ! I guess it was funny at the time.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Default Meeting up with....

PRESIDENT RICHARD M NIXON, NELSON D. ROCKERFELLER (VP), Comedian Arte Johnson, GEORGE H.W. BUSH, Val Kilmer, LBJ, Gov. Bill Richardson, NY Senator Al D'Amato, N.Y. Mayor Robert F. Wagner, Thurgood Marshal, Joe Dimaggio. Others whose names escape me for the moment. But that's to be expected once I moved to The Villages and the first thing to go is the memory.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
PRESIDENT RICHARD M NIXON, NELSON D. ROCKERFELLER (VP), Comedian Arte Johnson, GEORGE H.W. BUSH, Val Kilmer, LBJ, Gov. Bill Richardson, NY Senator Al D'Amato, N.Y. Mayor Robert F. Wagner, Thurgood Marshal, Joe Dimaggio. Others whose names escape me for the moment. But that's to be expected once I moved to The Villages and the first thing to go is the memory.

Impressive list of famous people met. I wonder if anyone on TOTV has met Gary Morse, Harold Schwartz, or any of the Morse family? http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/200...arold-schwartz
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.