Famous people you have met.

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Send a message via AIM to Baileysmom

Having worked for a radio/TV combo in Boston for 25 years I have seen a lot of famous people. I was never one to go up and introduce myself and pull out a camera for a photo op, felt that was a bit intrusive. I did work at WBZ-TV when Tom Bergeron was doing a local talk show and I have to say he was and still is one of the nicest people you could imagine. He met his wife at the station and they are still married. It really pleases me that he has done so well, he is truly deserving, incredibly funny and talented.

2 women I used to work with went on to LA to head up network communications and publicity departments and came through a few years ago making sure they stopped into the traffic department with their guests. I met and had pictures taken with Shemar Moore (Criminal Minds), Michael Weatherly (NCIS) and Carmine Giovinazzo (CSI:NY). I have also met and talked to Rosie O'Donnell, Caroline Kennedy and Chuck Norris. Shortly after Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez broke up he briefly dated one of the saleswomen there and I met him when he came in and picked her up. He was polite, tall and handsome for sure.

Probably the most impessive person I ever saw in the hall was Lucille Ball. My brushes with greatness.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:31 PM
Veteran member

Rosey Grier. It was in the Los Angeles airport A friend and I st beside him. He was easily recognized. We ere not interested in his needlepoint or his playing with the Ny Giants or Los Angeles Rams, we talked Penn State football. He told us that he had been playing pro so long that people forgot playing for State. He was happy to talk to us, my friend and went there and he asked if some of the things were still there. Great times.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:32 PM
Sage

Remembering 50 years ago, the most famous and notable person I met was Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I was at the 1963 Freedom March in Washington DC. I was just 18 years old and went to the Monument Grounds to see history take place. I was standing over by Peter, Paul, and Mary when a girl in back of me exclaimed, "Dr. King!" I turned around and Martin Luther King was right there. I introduced myself and he shook my hand, looked me right in the eyes, and told me to keep working for freedom for everyone.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Remembering 50 years ago, the most famous and notable person I met was Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I was at the 1963 Freedom March in Washington DC. I was just 18 years old and went to the Monument Grounds to see history take place. I was standing over by Peter, Paul, and Mary when a girl in back of me exclaimed, "Dr. King!" I turned around and Martin Luther King was right there. I introduced myself and he shook my hand, looked me right in the eyes, and told me to keep working for freedom for everyone.
you probably met the most special person in our lifetime.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:27 PM

I spent a morning with Ted Williams (last batter to hit over .400 in a season) in 1986. He owned a fishing lodge on the Miramichi River in New Brunswick, Canada and we fished at his beloved Swing Bridge Pool. This was at a Salmon Anglers Conclave.
Later, he joined us and some of our friends at the dinner that evening.
What do I remember about him?........... he was somewhat opinionated and "crusty", but not as stand-offish as we had expected.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post

Wow, you got to see one of the most important historical events of the past century and also meet one of the most important and influential Americans who has ever lived! You were indeed at the right place at the right time!
Old 08-28-2013, 10:26 AM
Gold member
Default I met God.....

I met God and we talked, we laughed, we reminisced...then he told me to get the heck out of there until he was ready for me....

Old 08-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Veteran member

5th grade in the mid 60's. Knock on the door and the teacher say's "come in"

Door opens and Ted Cassidy (Lurch) in full makeup enters the room with a "you rang?"

The only sound in the room for 30 seconds was jaws hitting the desk.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post

Door opens and Ted Cassidy (Lurch) in full makeup enters the room with a "you rang?"

How awesome is that. How did your teacher get Lurch to show up at your school?
Old 08-29-2013, 07:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
How awesome is that. How did your teacher get Lurch to show up at your school?
They had played basketball together for Stetson U. (DeLand, Fl) and he was in the area for an alumni BB game.

I would have to check on the dates The Adams Family ran ... but I think it might have been still in production at the time.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,502 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Not thrilling for many, but for me it was.

I personally met both Dr.Jonas Salk and Francis Crick. (The Double Helix?)
Old 08-29-2013, 08:17 AM
Location: The Villages, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Memphis, Los Angeles, Boston, New York, Norfolk, Chicago.

I have been priviliged to work with many people in their back up bands. Including, Bob Hope, Danny Thomas, Whitney Houston, Art Linkletter, Charlie Rich, Whispering Bill Anderson. Fernando Varela who is in the final 12 on Americas got Talent with Forte. So many back up musicians who are "famous" in the music community.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post

Also, Ted Cassidy was in "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" as Harvey. His famous line, after Butch asked about the rules, said, "Rules? In a knife fight?" Good actor!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

John Denver...went to school with him and he lived in our neighborhood when I growing up. Kept in contact many years. He was Johnny Duetschendorf back then.

Reba McEntire...her father in law worked for my husband.

Gunilla HuttonMiller (Nurse Goodbody) on Hee Haw
Went to high school with her

Jay Novacek..Dallas Cowboys tight end....friend of our son.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Wow. Did you know her? Did you have any inkling?
Angela Atwood (Angela DeAngelis in high school) was miss everything, head cheerleader, star of all school musical, star of senior play, National Honor Society. Her dad was always believed to be the head of the mafia for our town (this was Northern New Jersey), her mother was my juniors bowling coach until she died on the alley after missing a ten pin!

I did hang out in the same crowd with her in high school. She was one year ahead of me.

She got mixed up with a bad crowd at Indiana University and her father cut her off when she started dating her later husband and partner in the Symbianese Liberation Army.

She did kidnap Patty Hearst and died in the shootout with the police.

I lost all of my high school yearbooks except for my own class in a flood, so I no longer have the one where she signed with her trademark Angel with a halo over it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.