Famous people you have met.

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2007, 08:36 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Famous people you have met.

John Z, Was Jack Palance a Polack or Ukranian? Why did he attend the local picnic? I can remember church picnics like that in Cleveland. Except the most famous person there might be the pastor. My wife still makes pierogies at Christmas and I love em. Holupki several times a year but I have to watch the intake, just a bit of fat you know.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Anybody ever hear of Donnie Iris?

We went to school together from kindergarten into college.

Quite a character.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Veteran member

Jack was a Ukie..through and through and proud of it.

BUC....that was wayyyy cool and the best re-up story I ever heard.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 08-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Veteran member

Oh... Jack would attend a lot of the Church picnics in the County....he wasn't particular it seems....just showed up and he created a stir when he did.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 08-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Veteran member

Off topic post. My wife and I found an authentic Polish/Hungarian deli on 44 in Leesburg. Holupkies are ok....mine are better though ;D. But, their garlic Kielbasa is pretty darn good....very close to what you'd expect in NE PA. They also sell homemade Kishka (never tried this though) and fresh Kielbasa (excellent). Perogies (potatoe) are fair, cabbage filled are very good.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 08-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

JohnZ,
Who is Jack?? :dontknow:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 08-06-2007, 10:38 PM

Years ago in EPCOT Center Donnie Osmond was walking on tops of the backs of the seats in a surprize concert. A young mentally challengened girl jumped up and knocked him right down into my arms catching him around his waist.

He jumped up and went to the opposite part of the open air theater and never came back to my side again! Oh well, I touched him !
Old 08-07-2007, 12:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
Aside from just getting an autograph or seeing them in a concert, what famous peopl have you met? Under what circumstances did you meet them?
8)I flew the red eye from vegas to new york first class sat right behind Sammy Davis Jr.
what a guy went to the tail of the plane shook hands up and down the isle signed autographs.
We chatted most of the way to n y. I owned a record distribution company at the time and we had plenty to talk about.
He had a mean cough and kept smoking all the way.
what a shame he died of lung cancer as i recall.

Wanabee future TVer
Old 08-07-2007, 05:40 AM
Platinum member

I waited on these folks while working in the Biltmore Hotel Coffee Shop in Dayton OH in the early 60's - Mel Torme, John Forsythe, Little Richard, and Guy Lombardo.

Steve
Old 08-07-2007, 11:08 PM

Let's see; Christopher George, Yogi Berra, O.J. Simpson, Paul Newman, Shirley McLaine, Woody Allen,
Anna Marie Alberghetti, Jim Brown, Rod Steiger, Howard Cosell, Walter Pidgeon, George Hamilton,
Robert Redford, Johnny Mathis, Dom Deloise, Ed McMahon, Robert Goulet, Keely Smith, Frankie Avalon, Curtis LeMay, Jack Nicklaus, Carrol O'Connor, several others whose names escape me, except, of course, my all-time favorite...Charles Lindbergh. There's a story line for each name, but I won't bore you with that.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pqbetta
Let's see; Christopher George, Yogi Berra, O.J. Simpson, Paul Newman, Shirley McLaine, Woody Allen,
Anna Marie Alberghetti, Jim Brown, Rod Steiger, Howard Cosell, Walter Pidgeon, George Hamilton,
Robert Redford, Johnny Mathis, Dom Deloise, Ed McMahon, Robert Goulet, Keely Smith, Frankie Avalon, Curtis LeMay, Jack Nicklaus, Carrol O'Connor, several others whose names escape me, except, of course, my all-time favorite...Charles Lindbergh. There's a story line for each name, but I won't bore you with that.
bless us with one of your bunch of stories please :
Wanabee future TVer
Old 08-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Taltarzac

César Estrada Chávez, Ralph Nader, Walter Mondale while I was a law student (Class of 1989) then assistant librarian at the University of Minnesota Law School from 1986 through 1991. These people were giving speeches at the U of MN Law School and had various informal meetings with law students and others afterwards and Walter Mondale's son was in the law school one year behind (Class of 1990) me while I was there.

Shared e-mails and/or letters with Elie Wiesel, Tom Clancy, someone claiming to be "George Clooney" and a few others not as famous about activities for survivors of various kinds of crimes I have been involved in and hurdles faced in these since leaving the University of Minnesota Law Library's employ in mid-1991.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskman
bless us with one of your bunch of stories please :
Christopher George and I pledged the same fraternity, Sigma Phi Epsilon, in 1953 at
the University of Miami. We shared all the rites of passage together, such as having
to carry a sanitary napkin at all times, which we would have to place over our mouth and nose whenever a Sig Ep brother yelled "Gas Mask!!" and keep it there until given an
"All Clear!" And of course, we had to wear those ridiculous beanies on campus. I would
picture Chris with his gas mask and beanie when I saw his movies years later. Funny!.

Chris told me several stories about his experiences in the Marines as part
of a search and rescue team, recovering bodies, etc. Since he was about 4 years older
than most of our class, we all were pretty much in awe of this "man of the world".
Just about everyone who met him, including me, told him he should be "in pictures".
He sure was great to be with at parties; girls everywhere!!
I was deeply saddened by his untimely death of a heart attack in 1983.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Gold member

I worked at The Brooklyn Ice Palace in the early 1950's as a teenager and when Arthur Godfrey and cast had rehearsals there for a TV show I met Arthur, his announcer Tony Marvin (a real nice gentleman) Julius LaRosa and the Hawaiian Gal whose name I can't remember.

While working in Machester, NH in the late 70's and early 80's I met most of the Presidential Candidates who were campaigning for the First in The Nation Primary. Candidates were so common on the streets of NH, that you had to avoid them, unless you wanted a handshake and a piece of literature. If they saw you with 2 or 3 people they would head over and start their speeches.

Met Bob Graham while I working in Orlando and he was still our Governor.

Wife and I also had the pleasure of meeting Harold Schwartz the first time we visited TV. A truly nice man.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Hawaiian? Hali Loki? (sp?)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.