Famous people you have met.

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2007, 05:44 AM
Founder
Default Famous people you have met.

Aside from just getting an autograph or seeing them in a concert, what famous peopl have you met? Under what circumstances did you meet them?
Old 08-06-2007, 08:11 AM
Default Re: Famous people you have met.

Jimmy Buffett at the Leesburg Airport. I was there refueling my plane and he landed in his personal jet with the big parrot on the tail. Everyone getting off the plane looked the same in their Khaki shorts and tshirts, but then he smiled and I knew it was Jimmy. Went over and shook his hand and asked why he was here. He was having a biplane restored nearby.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Sandy Dennis, my brother did her hair for a play..
Joe Pepitone, we used to hang out with him in a disco in NYC and Staten island..
Jack Scalia, personal friend of my cousin..They went to Brentwood High, L.I. together..
Phil Esposito, NY Rangers..Ron Duguay...We hung out with them at the NYC disco...Regine's..
Paul Sorvino..He was filming a movie at the airport hubby has his Helli at..Mt.Pocono Airport..

Those are all I can think of at the moment.. ;D

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 08-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Veteran member

Fabio and yes, he is as gorgeous as he appears! Met him on a plane and he was very cordial and sweet and good to look at!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:41 PM
Send a message via AIM to rballruss Send a message via Yahoo to rballruss

For you sports fans....Wes Unseld....he was my neighbor. We played racquetball together and our sons played together.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:05 PM

Larry Bird - of the Boston Celtic's

He lives in Naples and his wife was a patient of mine when I worked in ther ER there.

Also met Bob Graham when he was Governor of FL - we had taken our children to the Capital and we just happened to be in the reception area of his office when he walked through. He stopped and spoke with the children and later sent us an autographed picture with a personal note

Old 08-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Veteran member

I met Mr. T when he was in his prime on a cross country flight. He was really nice guy who appeared to thoroughly enjoy talking with us. No signs of the huge ego some of the stars have. He made the flight enjoyable.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Veteran member

Yogi Berra - Aunt and uncle lived in Montclair, NJ. Uncle Ben designed the crossword puzzles for the NY Times (he died just last year). Yogi would show up for backyard burgers and beer occassionally. As a kid in love with baseball, how cool is that?

Jack Palance - He would show up to attend church Labor Day picnics, Holy Tranfiguration Catholic Church, Luzerne County, PA where I spent summers with my grand parents. He'd fill up on perogies and holopki, Ukraininian soul food and buy beers for the local gentry. He give us kids quarters to play the Big Six Wheel....if we'd double the quarter...he'd expect it back....if we'd win more...he'd expect a cut (if we were lucky...he'd accept not the quarter advanced nor any excess cut but he'd admire our honor). Cool guy, very scary in person....not surprising he got the bad guy roles.

Pete Grey - The only one armed big league baseball player. St Louis Browns. Can field a fly ball with one arm as fast as other players with two arms. Some say Pete made the big leagues during the war-time gap...shortage of players. But, he was awesome none-the-less. Gave us Little League players tips and big dreams. They made at TV movie about him in the 80's. Google him---amazing story. Got a great picture of him with my two oldest children when they were kids.

Chuck Connors - Bought me and my friends a beer at McSorley's Olde Ale House, NYC. I was 17....he didn't know....and probably didn't care....knowing 18 year olds were getting drafted to go to Vietnam at the time.

John Candelaria - Classmate at La Salle Academy HS, New York City. Pitcher, left hander, Pirates, Yanks and others.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 08-06-2007, 04:25 PM

I met Pete Wahl one time.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:29 PM
Veteran member

Frank Sinatra and Mia Farrow when they were together back in 1964. Took my girlfriend to Monroe's Restaurant in Oak Bluffs on Martha's Vineyard. Sinatra was seated not far from us in a secluded table. My girlfriend was blown away but I told her not to bother them or stare. We didn't. At the end of the meal, Sinatra thanked us for respecting their privacy and picked up the dinner tab.

Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 08-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdraig
Frank Sinatra and Mia Farrow when they were together back in 1964. Took my girlfriend to Monroe's Restaurant in Oak Bluffs on Martha's Vineyard. Sinatra was seated not far from us in a secluded table. My girlfriend was blown away but I told her not to bother them or stare. We didn't. At the end of the meal, Sinatra thanked us for respecting their privacy and picked up the dinner tab.

WOW, what a great story and memory :bigthumbsup:
Old 08-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Send a message via AIM to Fallchicks2

Even though I was not included in the recent article in the Dailysun about those who danced on American Bandstand, I also danced on the famous TV show in 1962. Therefore I met Dick Clark.
Also, as a small child, I met Joan Crawford. She was a guest at the Claridge Hotel in Atlantic City where my aunt was executive secretary and saw to her personal needs while staying there.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:00 PM

I was in the Navy (seabees) and was assigned while stationed at 31st Naval Construction Regiment to the leading Builder installing temporary buildings and security systems at President Reagan's ranch in Santa Barbara, calf. when the project was completed, We got the word that the President wanted to host a bar BBQ for the crew about 80 of us in total. I had put in a request to reenlist. Along story cut short is I re enlisted on President Reagan's front porch of his small house with him and Nancy present. The picture of President Reagan and myself was still hanging in the Seabee Museum in Port Hueneme, Calf. when I retired in 1990. I also meet John Wayne but that's a different story.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:20 PM

Bear Bryant, I was attending a banquet in Tuscaloosa, Al. he came into the room and went around to every table shook hands and spent time with every person in attendance.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Administrator

I would love to see BUC reenlistment with the Reagans posted here someplace
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.