Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	105402_0_1_1.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	75033  
Old 05-11-2018, 07:59 PM
Platinum member

Jamesons with club soda and my 2nd is Pinot Grigio.
I have A drink every couple of months or so. 🤫
Old 05-12-2018, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

A good scotch ale that has been aged in oak bourbon barrels. It is a sipping beer and they are relatively hard to find. My favorite is called Backwoods ******* and is made by Founders Brewing Company. It is a seasonal beer only released once per year, sometime in October. I have a local package store up north reserve two cases for me each year and bring one case to our home in the Villages. I ration it to one beer a week so my supply lasts until next years batch is released. Another brewery, Central Waters, also makes a great barrel aged scotch ale.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
A good scotch ale that has been aged in oak bourbon barrels. It is a sipping beer and they are relatively hard to find. My favorite is called Backwoods ******* and is made by Founders Brewing Company. It is a seasonal beer only released once per year, sometime in October. I have a local package store up north reserve two cases for me each year and bring one case to our home in the Villages. I ration it to one beer a week so my supply lasts until next years batch is released. Another brewery, Central Waters, also makes a great barrel aged scotch ale.
I couldn't figure out why you use asterisks for favorite beer. We can all google, you can't keep it a secret-----now that i looked it up i understand. Do you enjoy World of Beers?
Old 05-12-2018, 09:06 AM
fw102807

When we were in NYC one time we went to a pub where they served Magners Pear Cider. We have learned since then that it is very difficult to find anywhere else.
Old 05-12-2018, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I couldn't figure out why you use asterisks for favorite beer. We can all google, you can't keep it a secret-----now that i looked it up i understand. Do you enjoy World of Beers?
I didn't put in the asterisks, I guess there is an algorithm used by TOTV that bleeps out certain words, including part of the name of the referenced beer.

I like the fact that world of beer has tablets that allow you to sort through your beer preferences and narrow down your choices based on many different criteria. However, I only drink Mich. Ultra (low carb beer) and an occasional barrel aged beer so the variety they offer is not my thing. Although I don't go there often, when my buddies from up north come to visit for a golf vacation I bring them there so they can experience the novelty.
Closed Thread

Tags
favorite, appalled, vodka, flavored, thought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.