Thanksgiving ?

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Default Thanksgiving ?

:dontknow: What happened to Thanksgiving? I was looking everywhere in the Villages area for table decorations for Thanksgiving - nowhere to be found. Oh, yes, tons of stuff for Christmas. I thought Thanksgiving came before Christmas - but this year is different? !!
Old 11-08-2007, 04:08 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Thanksgiving ?

I have noticed it for a bunch of year and not just in TV. They rush through halloween because they can sell candy and decorations to Christmas.

Merchants do not make much on Thanksgiving decorations. Only the grocery stores.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Gold member

Christmas came before Halloween in our local Walmart. Yes, that's right they dismanted part of the garden center and started stocking Christmas goods in the middle of September.

Very discouraging.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith
:dontknow: What happened to Thanksgiving? I was looking everywhere in the Villages area for table decorations for Thanksgiving - nowhere to be found. Oh, yes, tons of stuff for Christmas. I thought Thanksgiving came before Christmas - but this year is different? !!
:dontknow:
And besides this, now I have to live up to that fact that I'm gonna eat the flesh of a bird that gave up his life for me
, Its all getting so depressing just last week the store decorators had Santa Claus in a pilgrim suit, now thats not funny :
I love you Santa Claus, please bring me a new Maseratti, Kristy Brinkly, the winnings of the mega lottery, I'll leave milk and rum cookies for you (hic) dang there good
Handie :joke:
Old 11-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Dancing Thyme

Hi Faith, to get back to a more "sober" reply to your question, I just saw a bunch of Thanksgiving table decos at the Walmart on Rte 466. You may need to look around a bit, but they had napkins, tablecloths, plates, etc. Good Luck, Kathie

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 11-11-2007, 02:22 PM

There is a new Party Time store near the Lange Eye building. We were there a couple weeks ago and they had Thanksgiving decorations galore.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:24 AM

I asked local stores about the Christmas before halloween decorations. The answer: Higher ups send the Christmas stuff and the stores do not have enough storage out back to put it all..thus it goes on the floor.

As good as an explanation as any.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.