Feels like 109

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2020, 07:32 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,135 Times in 880 Posts

If you're still able to play pickleball I assume you're in pretty good shape. That'll surely help with your recovery from surgery. All the best to you.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
According to my weather app on the iPhone, it feels like 109 and we’re not talking about Kennedy's PT boat. And, I was told that all District Rec centers have once again cancelled all large meetings until further notice. Plus, my open heart surgery to repair my mitral valve is nxow only 15 days away. What a time to be living in. On the positive side, I have 14 more days of pickleball playing before I take a several months break and will have several good reasons to stay inside. Thank goodness my wife and I are still on speaking terms.
Good luck with your surgery. I wish you the best.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:48 AM
Veteran member

Hope all goes well!
Quote:
According to my weather app on the iPhone, it feels like 109 and we’re not talking about Kennedy's PT boat. And, I was told that all District Rec centers have once again cancelled all large meetings until further notice. Plus, my open heart surgery to repair my mitral valve is now only 15 days away. What a time to be living in. On the positive side, I have 14 more days of pickleball playing before I take a several months break and will have several good reasons to stay inside. Thank goodness my wife and I are still on speaking terms.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
...Plus, my open heart surgery to repair my mitral valve is now only 15 days away. What a time to be living in...
Before settling on open-heart surgery, did they discuss using a mitral valve clip inserted via catheterization through the groin, or did they say that would be like putting a band-aid on the problem? I've had a leaky mitral valve since 2014, just curious, and good Luck!!!
Old 06-30-2020, 08:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
About 4:00 I heard that the heat index was 111.

This is Florida, it's the summer time. What do you expect?

It's surprising that every year people are commenting on this like it's some kind of new phenomenon.
Not a new phenomenon just a reminder to get more kool-aid
Old 06-30-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnrlewis@infionline.net View Post
Doesn't seem like you should be playing Pickle Ball with heart problems?
Really necessary? My wife has a small heart valve issue, monitored constantly and she plays pickle ball and more, with doctors ok!
Old 06-30-2020, 09:50 AM

Good luck and Gods blessings with your surgery.

My Father was one of the first to have mitral valve replacement in 1969 he had quadruple by pass at the same time and survived and thrived.

You’ll be back up and playing pickle ball in no time.
Quote:
According to my weather app on the iPhone, it feels like 109 and we’re not talking about Kennedy's PT boat. And, I was told that all District Rec centers have once again cancelled all large meetings until further notice. Plus, my open heart surgery to repair my mitral valve is now only 15 days away. What a time to be living in. On the positive side, I have 14 more days of pickleball playing before I take a several months break and will have several good reasons to stay inside. Thank goodness my wife and I are still on speaking terms.
Old 06-30-2020, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Best wishes to you and your wife for a successful outcome. Too hot to fly anyway, that cub would take forever to get altitude lol.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-30-2020, 10:45 AM

I lived on Long Island for 40 years before moving to the Villages. I clearly recall one summer about 30 years ago when the temperature was 105 F for four days in a row. i have lived here now for more than 25 years, and have yet to see that repeated.Just sayin...
Old 06-30-2020, 11:08 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Before settling on open-heart surgery, did they discuss using a mitral valve clip inserted via catheterization through the groin, or did they say that would be like putting a band-aid on the problem? I've had a leaky mitral valve since 2014, just curious, and good Luck!!!
I appreciate all of the good wishes, prayers and believe I will last another few years. As I still feel fine, I flew the Cub today to take more pictures of TV from the air and will post them soon. Every doctor and surgeon who has viewed the TEE video on my mitral valve in operation says that it would be wise of me to have it repaired sooner than later. The mitral valve clip will not work for me. The surgeon, Dr. Accola who will lead the team has performed the same or very similar operations on two good friends. So, I feel that I am in good hands and will continue to stay somewhat secluded in the house after surgery for a few more months as many others may also do because of the virus and the heat.

Thanks and be safe out there!
Old 06-30-2020, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Wishing you a safe surgery and a quick and speedy recovery.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:16 PM

Just make sure Dr. Accola has at least stayed in a Holiday Inn Express once.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,729 Posts

Speedy recovery, wishing you all the best and afterwards let us know how you’re doing.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:07 PM

Good luck with your surgery.

Last edited by TABOR8; 06-30-2020 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Mispelled word.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:25 PM

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 Sending healing thoughts and prayers!
Closed Thread

Tags
feels, days, goodness, speaking, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.