Sleep Number Bed or Conventional Mattress

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Platinum member
Default Sleep Number Bed or Conventional Mattress

Like many, we plan on buying new furniture upon our move to TV. Anyone have any pro/cons on the sleep number adjustable mattress?

Steve
Old 07-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Sleep Number Bed or Conventional Mattress

My hairdresser has a sleep number bed and absolutely loves it. My sister has an adjustable bed (not a sleep number) and they love it!

When we move to TV, I plan on buying a sleep number adjustable! Oh, my chiropractor has the sleep number and he recommends it to! Hope this helps.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:45 AM

We purchased a sleep number several years ago and it was one of the best purchases ever made. It was the best thing I ever did for my back.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Veteran member

I spend approx. 100+ nights a year in various hotels as part of my consulting job and I can tell you my first and only encounter with a Sleep Number Bed was @ the Raddison Hotel Chain for 3 evenings and it was the worst nights sleep I have ever had. For my money I would rather stay in a Crowne Plaza or a Westin. They have wonderful beds. In fact we recently purchased a Westin mattress set for our home and it is perfect.
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 07-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default We Bought One...And Then Another

The Sleep Number beds are terrific! You have to get used to adjusting them whenever you feel you need a change. I sometimes am a "65" and other times a "35". We bought one for our summer home in Michigan and then another for here in The Villages.

The other alternative we considered was the Tempurpedic (Swedish) Foam mattress. They felt good to lay on, but we were told that they're "hot" in warm weather--definitely not good for Florida.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Platinum member

;D Thanks for your opinions and advice.

Steve
Old 07-19-2007, 11:34 AM

Is there a store in or near TV to buy a sleep number bed? Do you need a special bed frame with these? One more question: Are they hard to set up?

Thanks in advance for the information. ;D
Old 07-19-2007, 01:31 PM
Veteran member

I don't live in TV yet so I can't recommend a store but I am sure they set up the bed for you and no, a special frame is not needed.

When I went shopping for one local to where I live, the sales person told me that the mattress would fit on my king size sleigh bed frame and the beds are set up by the delivery men. The delivery guys also make sure it's working correctly before the leave. There's been a few cases (according to the sales person) that the bed had to go back to the factory because it was faulty but a new bed was delivered the next day.

I do know that it's suggested that you purchase the sheets for the bed at the store. Everyone I know who has a sleep number says the sheets are well made and fit perfectly on the mattress. I think they go for about $100 plus for king size.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:53 PM

Before you purchase a mattress contact the Seniiors vs Crime at either the Marion or Sumter office as there has been several complaints filed against some of the sellers. :bigthumbsup:
Old 07-19-2007, 05:09 PM

Just really moved in myself last November. I can testify to the Sleep Number bed that it is fantastic! I don't know of the local distributors but we had no problems with the dealers or company themselves. Rarely will I give a recommendation to anyone but the Sleep number has been our mattress for 4 years now and my only complaint is my wife steals all the "cold" spots before I get in there
Old 07-20-2007, 07:45 AM
Platinum member

Thanks maru8 and everyone else. Adjustable sounds like the way to go. I've made 2 decisions since joining TOTV site prior to our move. Great info from residents or resident wannabe's.

Steve :bow:
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.