Ferguson grand jury decision

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2014, 09:26 AM
Gold member

Be interesting to find out how many arrested last night were actually from the Ferguson area.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
Be interesting to find out how many arrested last night were actually from the Ferguson area.

Unfortunately, violence was inevitable regardless of the verdict.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflasch View Post
The actions of the ignorant should not come as a surprise to anyone. Where is Sharpton and Jackson. Check that, if they were there, the situation would only escalate. Everyone should be able to protest PEACEFULLY, but it seems that the black community doesn't know how to do it. The irony really was last night when the President was calling for peace and basically blaming law enforcement for the problems, his supporters were breaking windows and starting fires. Now, the National Guard is in place. There needs to be a mandatory curfew put in place and the order that looters will be shot. Unfortunately, it seems that this is all that the "community" understands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mflasch View Post
The actions of the ignorant should not come as a surprise to anyone. Where is Sharpton and Jackson. Check that, if they were there, the situation would only escalate. Everyone should be able to protest PEACEFULLY, but it seems that the black community doesn't know how to do it. The irony really was last night when the President was calling for peace and basically blaming law enforcement for the problems, his supporters were breaking windows and starting fires. Now, the National Guard is in place. There needs to be a mandatory curfew put in place and the order that looters will be shot. Unfortunately, it seems that this is all that the "community" understands.
The black community doesn't know how to protest peacefully? Another arrogant, blanket statement condemning a whole race for the actions of a few.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:41 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Here we go again, our poor country.

19 years from the OJ verdict, and the so-called issues are not improved one iota.

Those that feed the frenzy are criminals themselves. Political and movement leaders, and the general Media.

A 2012 study by the Department of Justice’s Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention revealed that in 2010 black youths committed six times more murders, three times more rapes, 10 times more robberies and three times more assaults than did their white counterparts.

Similar statistics were released by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in the “Uniform Crime Reports.” They determined, “In the year 2008, black youths, who make up 16% of the youth population, accounted for 52% of juvenile violent crime arrests, including 58% for homicide and 67% for robbery.” By contrast, the only categories where white youths surpassed blacks were in liquor law violations and driving under the influence.

The black community might want to focus on parenting skills and the education of their youth. This is precisely why law enforcement must confront that community to such a degree. And precisely why Mike Brown lost his life - due to his actions and unwise decisions.

But - sure blame the law enforcement . They are not perfect of course, but must do the job we ask of them. MLK is rolling over, probably ashamed of the events.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:44 AM

France
If you have the best quarterback and linebacker on a team but they lose every game
the team stinks
I'm sure you get the point
Old 11-25-2014, 09:44 AM
Platinum member

it's unfortunate on so many levels, but especially that the looting and rioting perpetuate a stereotype that causes the police to be wary of that population. it's a viscous cycle.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:49 AM
Eternal Member

Such a shame they had to announce the verdict at night. They may have gotten a better handle on everything had they waited until day time when they could actually see what was happening and maybe could have caught some of the lowlifes !!
Old 11-25-2014, 09:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
This goes to show America of the mentality of these lowly s**tmaggot thugs and what was done "in the memory of Michael Brown". What was accomplished with what was looted/burned/destroyed/vandalized? The mommies and daddies (yea, right) did an excellent job in raising their sweet little babies. Violence doesn't solve anything. Out of the 61 arrested last night, the youngest was 17 and the oldest was 66.

Things will be so different tonight with the Police/NG presence.
The reasoning total escapes me. 61 people that probably did not know Brown are in jail, headed for court with a public defender, facing fines, time, probation, loss of job, no weed and time to review the value of MLK JRs teaching of the benefits of riots (civil unrest).

The people that will show up tonight will have to bring supplies to last the night because they burn and looted the stores in the area last night.

I took pictures of the Detroit riot while the smoke was still rising with jeeps driving around with 50 caliber machine guns mounted on the back. The buildings were not just burned out, they caved in. To this day I do not understand.

The reason for doing it is apples and the solution is oranges.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:01 AM

martin luther king rolling in his grave,, remember his protest marches everyone of his marches did nothing but disrupt the schools, the cities they were in, costing the axpayers millions and more rapes and drugs it might have been a long time ago but the same as we have today
Old 11-25-2014, 10:18 AM
Gold member

After the "war on poverty" and billions spent in that war and legislation to improve race relations in America what has changed? Not all rioters were black, few actually cared about the Grand Jury's verdict, fewer listened to the President and Clergy who asked for peaceful demonstrations, the looting and destruction of businesses trying to serve the community went unabated. So what can I conclude? There is an element within our country that have as a goal the destruction of our nation and they take any situation to fan the flames of their hateful objective.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Such a brilliant idea to announce the grand juries findings at 8:30 at night.
That was my first thought too, Bogie. But then I heard on some news reports last night that they wanted to give the schoolchildren and working families the time to get home to avoid what they thought might be a further disaster if they were on the streets/roads when the verdict was announced. It probably also gave any businesses that are still operating in that area a chance to shut down and the workers to go home. From that perspective, I think it may have been a wise decision.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

once they burn the city down and loot all the stores
problem solved no need for low income housing and food stamps
Old 11-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

I was in the Maryland Army National Guard and called up, stationed in the 5th Regiment Armory in downtown Baltimore, during the riots in the late sixties. I saw a lot of what happened up close.

Frankly, the behavior of a certain segment of society has not changed. All the welfare, war on poverty, and so on ad nauseam, down the drain and nothing has changed. Bottom line: We taxpayers pick up the tab, again and again and again, endlessly, regardless of outcomes.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 11-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Sage

FOX NEWS just reported that 59 of the 61 people arrested last night are residents of Ferguson .
Old 11-25-2014, 10:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo View Post
France
If you have the best quarterback and linebacker on a team but they lose every game
the team stinks
I'm sure you get the point
Actually, I don't. I refuse to condemn a whole group for the actions of a few.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.