Finally Had Enough of Comcast

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2021, 02:34 PM

I tried the T-Mobile internet. Could never get it to work even with many hours and calls to tech support. It then took me hours and hours and multiple phone calls to get the account canceled. The most miserable experience I have ever had with a vendor. I would never use T-Mobile Internet or any other services. Be warned.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:16 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Unless you have had Cablevision you don’t know what horrible is. Spectrum a close second. Good luck with them
Old 09-13-2021, 08:59 PM

Funny you write about this topic. I finally said no to spectrum that I have had for 2 years. Spectrum keeps raising my rates $30 each year. We are going with Dish TV and Century Link internet. Initially when we looked up our address online it said we weren't able to obtain century link. However, I called them directly and they offer fiber optic internet in our area. The price for dish and Century link for the same channels and internet is $55 a month less than what I was paying. If you don't think Century Link services your area I recommend you call them. We live in 32163 and they do cover us.
Old 09-13-2021, 11:29 PM

Does anyone know of any streaming service that includes the local public television channels? I haven't been able to find one.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:36 AM
Default Spectrum

I changed to Spectrum and am now considering going back to Comcast. I was told I was getting certain channels and don’t get any of them. In addition, I am constantly going offline with the internet . Then it is very difficult to get back on. Sometimes it drops me at midnight and I can’t get back on until the morning. Very frustrating
Old 09-14-2021, 08:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
Spectrum is owned by comcast
Completely false.

Charter Communications is an American telecommunications and mass media company with services branded as Charter Spectrum. It is the second-largest cable operator in the United States by subscribers, just behind Comcast, and third-largest pay TV operator behind Comcast and AT&T.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
When I tried to continue a recorded program that I began last night, I found it and most of the programs I have recorded over the years had disappeared overnight. Tried to have technical services help but they said the programs had disappeared from the cloud. My DVR only has 19% being used. Her suggestion was to either buy the movies or record them again. Not possible since many were from commercial channels or not available any more. So, tomorrow I plan to bid Comcast adieu. We could return to Direct Tv but we also need internet and a landline. How is Spectrum? We are not interested in “cutting the cord” or some of the other methods some people choose to use. My sister did that and by the time she subscribed to the streaming services, it costs her more than before and she has less. I think Spectrum and Direct Tv are the only options for where we live. Looking for feedback from people who use either of those. Thanks.
We have xFinity thru Comcast (internet only) and are more than satisfied. Lightning quick and the tech support to date has been good the only two times I needed to contact them. We also have Amazon Prime and they usually have a (fairly) good selection of movies, YouTube has a vast and increasing amount of stuff, we have one of those Roku thingies (one-time expense) and a good digital antenna will pull in a lot of local channels for news, stuff of interest locally, etc. Total breakdown is that we pay less than $90 per month for far more TV than we could ever watch.

The only fly in the ointment so far is that xFinity charges $100 per service call, which seems like a lot, though in fairness the tech stayed with it for over four hours until he figured out what was wrong.

Last edited by ThirdOfFive; 09-14-2021 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Add content.
Old 09-14-2021, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Xfinity has a store front in Lady Lake and real LIVE people will take care of you, just take a number and wait in comfort. I have had my cell phone and other problems handled right there.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-14-2021, 09:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Xfinity has a store front in Lady Lake and real LIVE people will take care of you, just take a number and wait in comfort. I have had my cell phone and other problems handled right there.
Amen.

Used 'em just this Sunday, as a matter of fact. One of our remotes went on the fritz, so I brought it in to hopefully exchange it. Guy at the door saw me come in, said "need a new clicker, hey?", grabbed a new one out of a large box by the door, took mine and chucked it into a box right next to it which was about half-full, and that was that. No name, no account number, nothing. In and out in less than 20 seconds.

Must be a common problem.
Old 09-14-2021, 08:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trxi6565 View Post
Spectrum is the worst! I’m leaving spectrum this week to go to xfinity. To many problems with spectrum and customer service is awful!
Have had Spectrum for 7 years, great customer service plus reliable service. Triple Play.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-15-2021, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

There was an alert from Apple on last nights network news about a virus you go to settings then to general then to software update it doesn’t take long to download the program
Closed Thread

Tags
people, recorded, services, comcast, spectrum

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.