Fine dinning

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2021, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
When I hear the words fine dining or upscale it usually means a menu I will not like, expensive and a presentation on the plate that is not needed but adds a fee dollars to the price. So I took a look and most everything up to the steaks is not for me and the steak plates are $50 plus sides which is too much for us. The only place I am willing to pay that price is when in Aruba. I will stick with restaurants in or near the Villages like Longhorn or Texas Roadhouse.
!
Mediocre chains to fine dining yikes!
Old 07-22-2021, 06:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Well, it was a late night last night and my computer helps me out with most of my spelling needs but every once in a while we both miss to only come somewhat close to being correct.
I wouldn't have even noticed if someone else hadn't pointed it out
Old 07-22-2021, 08:10 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Is there an issue there with it being exceptionally noisy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
No, you need to ask them to pass out the ear plugs
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Well, it was a late night last night and my computer helps me out with most of my spelling needs but every once in a while we both miss to only come somewhat close to being correct.
I love a good typo. Actually, "dinning" can quite often be the case in TV when you are trying to have a conversation with each other or with another couple, but you are seated near one of those huge groups where everybody keeps getting louder and louder, all at the same time. That's dinning -- TV Style.

Don't feel bad about your typo, twoplanekid. I have typed some real beauties. . .

I was late to meet a friend because I could not find a place to park. When I finally found a parking spot, I sent a text that said, "I will be there in a few minutes. I had to ho around the block first."

Boomer
Old 07-22-2021, 11:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
!
Mediocre chains to fine dining yikes!
Rather pay $20 for a meal than $70 when the $20 meal is just fine and you don’t pay extra for sides. Plus I can wear my shorts and a t-shirt.
Old 07-23-2021, 06:01 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,301 Times in 559 Posts

2.00 tip on a potato... who would have Thunk it
Closed Thread

Tags
fine, dinning, guess, place, unusual

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.