Firestick Amazon

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2020, 08:56 AM

Just curious - why can't you just pay the few bucks to watch a movie online vs. "pirating" (accessing premium content without paying) copyrighted content?

I've heard all of the excuses/rationalizations for why people stream premium content without paying. They range from "it's digital - it's not really stealing!", to "they charge too much for movies!", to "these companies rip us off all the time!", to "I can't afford to pay!", to "I'm sticking it to the man!" (whoever that is), etc. None of these types of excuses are valid reasons to avoid paying for premium content. People do it because they can.

And by the way, if someone really can't afford $5 to watch a movie online, they absolutely need to redirect their efforts away from pursuing online video entertainment. They have more pressing issues. Plus, there are many, many popular free movies available online now that are supported by added commercials.

Streaming pirated content is taking income from the copyright holders and/or license holders - the ones who actually took the $$$ risks in creating and legally distributing the content. And the thing is, I really don't have to explain this. Everyone knows it, regardless of the excuses they give to try and justify the behavior.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:19 AM
Default Give this a try first

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcanonge View Post
I recently purchased a Amazon Firestick. I down loaded Kodi and watched a few movies with some aggravation. I am not very teckie!
Now it seems I can't get any thing but No Stream Available / Add Ons Not Working / Buffering Issues / Freezing while playing etc. Would any one be willing to help me get this cleared up? Thanks
I too have a fire stick on my TV. It does get jambed up once in awhile and I just unplug the power supply plug for a minute and replug it. If you have not done this first, give it a try.
Old 01-05-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Like Nucky posted, it sounds like your internet speed. You probably need 10mpbs or better to avoid buffering. If you don't know your speed, and your computer and TV are both connected to your router, go on your computer and go to this website and click 'go'.

Internet Speed Test | Check Your Internet Speed | CenturyLink
I believe CenturyLink is somewhat optimistic in their speed ratings. On my system Century tells me 40mps download, using a non-associated speed checking app a few seconds later, my true speed is around 9 mps.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Speed.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	82442  
Old 01-05-2020, 10:14 AM
Default Lulu

I have fire sticks on 3 tv’s. I pay $45 for WiFi, $55 for Hulu live on one tv, Netflix and Amazon prime. I’m very happy with these services and way cheaper than cable or Direct tv.
Old 01-05-2020, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by russoncindy View Post
I believe CenturyLink is somewhat optimistic in their speed ratings. On my system Century tells me 40mps download, using a non-associated speed checking app a few seconds later, my true speed is around 9 mps.
Maybe that site only works on Century Link users correctly, mine readings come out exactly to what I have. I pay for 10 mpbs.

PING
ms

ms
DOWNLOAD
Old 01-05-2020, 01:10 PM

Many times buffering has to do with internet speed. Download cat/mouse app thru the troypoint app or other sites. It gives u great movies. Hope this helps
Old 01-05-2020, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyitsrick View Post
Just curious - why can't you just pay the few bucks to watch a movie online vs. "pirating" (accessing premium content without paying) copyrighted content?

I've heard all of the excuses/rationalizations for why people stream premium content without paying. They range from "it's digital - it's not really stealing!", to "they charge too much for movies!", to "these companies rip us off all the time!", to "I can't afford to pay!", to "I'm sticking it to the man!" (whoever that is), etc. None of these types of excuses are valid reasons to avoid paying for premium content. People do it because they can.

And by the way, if someone really can't afford $5 to watch a movie online, they absolutely need to redirect their efforts away from pursuing online video entertainment. They have more pressing issues. Plus, there are many, many popular free movies available online now that are supported by added commercials.

Streaming pirated content is taking income from the copyright holders and/or license holders - the ones who actually took the $$$ risks in creating and legally distributing the content. And the thing is, I really don't have to explain this. Everyone knows it, regardless of the excuses they give to try and justify the behavior.
You make a number of good points however a) "paying a few bucks to watch a movie" can work out to quite a bit, say average $5 for a movie x 20 nights (that you don't hit the square for the free entertainment) a month = $100 and b) I think you would have to admit that some companies, Directv in particular, are gouging their subscribers in a desperate effort to stay alive. Only their takeover by AT&T has kept them afloat this long. I understand that they will soon change their business model to 'net streaming. The reason that I use Kodi (rarely) is the challenge. In spite of what some may say, getting a movie (which isn't fuzzy, is in English and doesn't have strange ads for gambling) and viewing it to its conclusion using Kodi can be a very challenging and time consuming affair.
Admittedly item a) above can be avoided by using Roku or Amazon TV Firestick as I do mostly.

Last edited by russoncindy; 01-05-2020 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Add content.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:52 AM

The reason that I use Kodi (rarely) is the challenge.

Um, is that sort of like the challenge of shoplifting (rarely) to see if you can do it without getting caught?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with Kodi but I'm VERY familiar with book piracy (I'm an author) and all the excuses people use for downloading pirated books instead of paying even $1-$5 for something that provides hours of entertainment. Creators need to make a living, too.
Old 01-06-2020, 08:12 PM

VPN
Try: ustvgo tv

Use Amazon internet
Old 01-07-2020, 07:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyitsrick View Post

Well said.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by russoncindy View Post
You make a number of good points however a) "paying a few bucks to watch a movie" can work out to quite a bit, say average $5 for a movie x 20 nights (that you don't hit the square for the free entertainment) a month = $100 and b) I think you would have to admit that some companies, Directv in particular, are gouging their subscribers in a desperate effort to stay alive. Only their takeover by AT&T has kept them afloat this long. I understand that they will soon change their business model to 'net streaming. The reason that I use Kodi (rarely) is the challenge. In spite of what some may say, getting a movie (which isn't fuzzy, is in English and doesn't have strange ads for gambling) and viewing it to its conclusion using Kodi can be a very challenging and time consuming affair.
Admittedly item a) above can be avoided by using Roku or Amazon TV Firestick as I do mostly.
Are you suggesting stealing is justified as long as it is difficult?
Old 01-07-2020, 08:27 AM

We have Fire stick and stillget the dreaded 'circle' especially close to 6pm
Old 02-18-2020, 05:18 PM
Default Firestick and buffering problems

First off you really should mave minimum of 50 Mbps and 100Mbps or higher is best. if your having buffereing problems one thing you might check is to see what your WIFI connection is. Most WIFI routers have two outputs 2G and 5G which both have the same password. If on autoconnect and you are on the 2G go to settings and do a forget this connection and do a save this connection for the 5G. The 2G setting gives longer distance on signal and is best for Phone and Ipads since your moving around with them an want to maintain signal. For faster setting use the 5G. If you do a connection to each on your Laptop and do Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test you will see that you get double the download speed with the 5G connection up to your ISP speed provided.
One of the first things I do and most support techs will tell you to do is unplug modem/router for a few minutes then plug back in. This resets device and often takes care of most issues. This works also on Firestick.

Firestick is a sure way to cut the cable cord. It used to be Kodi was the way to go but there is so much more out there that is less hassel. Apps for movies and TV series, Apps for cable channels such as USA, TNT, FX, History, Lifetime, ect.. And for you golfers you do not have to pay to get GOLF CHANNEL

With a little time search on Google you will find everything you need and to save you some time check this site out for Firestick
38 Best FireStick Apps (Feb 2020)| Free Movies, Shows, Live TV, Sports

Happy to help anyone with more questions
Old 02-19-2020, 08:41 AM
Veteran member

Go to "WWW.TroyPoint.com" and follow his advice.
Old 02-19-2020, 10:25 AM

Unplug and plug in again.....check Network settings...you could have slow internet and too much on it. You can also call Amazon. They will help you. We have not had cable since Jan 2019. It takes some getting used to, but we have 5 firesticks and DVR cloud with Hulu and live tv. All of our TVs are old, so I'm sure that has something to do with speed issues. It will only get better, and it has dramatically improved in the past year.
Closed Thread

Tags
firestick, amazon, ons, working, buffering

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.