First home showing in Ohio

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Veteran member

With all the members of TOTV and the many friends you've made in TV, there's no doubt in my mind that it will sell. Give it time and it will go, and I would guess that the majority of homes sold these days don't sell the first showing. We're all pulling for you Gracie, but we'll all have to pull a little bit harder to counteract the people in Ohio that want you you stay. Hang in there, it's going to happen!!!!
Old 05-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Gracie, when we sold our last home about a year and a half ago it took about 6 weeks where the last two or three went without a single showing and we had a number of no shows prior to that. We were already out of the house when it went onto the market so we received email notices to keep us informed whenever the house was going to be shown and another if canceled or feedback from the showing. We were shocked when we got a call from our agent one day that we received an offer on the house, and we didn't even know it was being shown. So you never know when the phone is gonna rings and...
The Villages Florida
SURPRISE!!!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 05-29-2011, 08:39 PM
Sage

Oh GG,
I'm bummed. I'd like to find those no-shows and beat the crap out of them!

But just think, you had a dry run getting ready for a showing. You probably learned some things to make it easier next time. It's gonna sell soon. I feel it in my bones.

Here's something funny, GG. I was with Pooh this evening and she told me about your saga as I had not seen your post. My third reaction, after sympathy for you and wanting to beat the crap out of Mr. and Mrs. No Show, was, "Oh, those cats are gonna be hell to corral next time. There will be revenge!" Now I see that Pooh posted that same thought herself.

OK, it's not that funny. But laugh with me anyway, 'cause I sure wish I could put a smile on your face right now.

Love you,
Pturner

p.s., It's gonna sell soon. I can feel it in my bones.

Last edited by Pturner; 05-29-2011 at 10:00 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Platinum member

Grace, Thinking good thoughts for your next showing. Have you rented a place down here yet?
Old 05-29-2011, 09:13 PM

Graciegirl,

I know your house will sell. Shame on Mr. And Mrs. No show, may they both get the flu. The silver lining to this is when the realtor does call you for a showing the work is all done.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

You all make me smile. The reason for this effort is so that we have more time to hang out with all of you who are dear to my heart.

JoJo, many wonderful people offered us houses to rent and it was tough to choose. Larry and Linda offered their house on a month to month basis and we accepted. It is near your home P!!!

I fear that I will be pulling weeds wherever I walk in TV and maybe wiping off my friends counters. One of my good friends has already suggested that I may be up for cleanaholics anonymous. Using oil on the gazebo is making her mighty worried.

I think I will revert back to my sloppy self very soon...But NOT in your house Larry and Linda, I promise!!
Old 05-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Platinum member
Default Been there, done that!

That's why I gave up my career as a real estate agent! Probably left their agent waiting also!! You always wait to call the client as you feel sure your "looker" will show up any minute.

It's no fun and exasperating and I'm so sorry it happened to you. Maybe next time!!

Wendy
Old 05-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Platinum member
Default Call forth your inner artist!

Just "paint" a picture in your mind of your house with a beautiful SOLD sign
on the lawn. Then picture yourself doing the Happy dance!
xoxodeb
Old 05-29-2011, 11:03 PM
Veteran member
Default Selling your home

Gracie,

Your house is a stand-out. The best of the best!

Be patient. When Mr. & Mrs. Right Buyer walk thru your front door and see your immaculately-kept home, it will SELL.

We enjoyed lunching with you, Henry and Helene last Saturday. You're fun to be with!

Save us a lot (or home) in TV.

Gene & Kathy
Old 05-30-2011, 08:15 AM
Default Swear

Would you like some of us to swear for you? GLAD to do it
Old 05-30-2011, 08:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by glgene View Post
Gracie,

Your house is a stand-out. The best of the best!

Be patient. When Mr. & Mrs. Right Buyer walk thru your front door and see your immaculately-kept home, it will SELL.

We enjoyed lunching with you, Henry and Helene last Saturday. You're fun to be with!

Save us a lot (or home) in TV.

Gene & Kathy
Thank you guys. From your mouth to God's ears. You are the expert...so we are trying to believe your kind words.

We enjoyed lunching with the CEO of the Cincinnati Board of Realtors last Saturday GENE! .........Who said that he thought our house would be sold in a month, (We loved to hear HIM say THAT) and who is chomping at the bit to be retired and join us in Paradise. Thankfully, Kathy is getting retired in two months.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Sage

Hi Gracie:

I feel your pain. I had someone cancel and reschedule their showing for Tuesday.They were suppose to come on Sunday.

It's a bummer when someone cancels a showing.

It's a pain to always keep the house immaculate. I'm sure your home is immaculate. I keep thinking if my place is perfect, it will sell.

I remember a post where the person said she stopped worrying about the house being perfect and immaculate and then it sold. I'm sure your beautiful home will sell in a short period of time.

Best wishes for the quick sale of your home and getting the price you want.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Hi Gracie:

I feel your pain. I had someone cancel and reschedule their showing for Tuesday.They were suppose to come on Sunday.

It's a bummer when someone cancels a showing.

It's a pain to always keep the house immaculate. I'm sure your home is immaculate. I keep thinking if my place is perfect, it will sell.

I remember a post where the person said she stopped worrying about the house being perfect and immaculate and then it sold. I'm sure your beautiful home will sell in a short period of time.

Best wishes for the quick sale of your home and getting the price you want.
Back atcha and hugs. We are going to get through this and we will all have dinner to celebrate at.........The Lighthouse???
Old 05-30-2011, 10:01 AM

We feel your pain. We live in a small community and have had one person look so far. No negative remarks. But needs to sell their house first. No offer. but we have had over 200 lookers on the online website. It went like this. The first week, 56, then 74, then it dwindled down to only 6 , but then picked up to 26 and last week 56 ! hope this is a trend! The weather this week is supposed to be so much better. Good luck for Gracie and ourselves !
Old 05-30-2011, 10:02 AM
Sage

It sounds great to me. I have the "Lighthouse Lights" picture in my bedroom that I look at once in a while. I gladly trade it for the real view.

Hugs until we can meet in person. I am sooooooo looking forward to that day.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.