FL car registration by Snowbirds

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2014, 05:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by another Linda View Post
OK, so here is what happened. We went to the FL DMV (called something different but I can't remember) next to the new library on 466a. To register the car in FL, we need to present a valid title (this one is FL), a bill of sale (they have the paper to fill out if from private owner), a valid driver's license for each owner (NY licenses are just fine), and proof of FL insurance. When we actually go to register the car, we must have the car there so they can validate the VIN#. And that is all -- except, oh yes, you need to pay the FL tax (6%) and the registration fee (based on weight of car). Easy-peasy. And by Thursday or Friday my husband will have a new toy, registered here, that he won't have to keep driving back to NY to have it inspected.

Great information. Additionally, if you buy from a dealer, they will handle the registration for you. In fact, I don't believe you are able to register the new vehicle yourself.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.