Florida Car Dealer Fees

Closed Thread
Old 11-25-2017, 09:49 AM

Had a similar experience. Used car pushy salesmen and was not willing to negotiate on the price. Left looked on line ended up driving an hour to Winter Park Lexus bought a used 2015 Toyato Rava 4. Excellent experience and no " dealer " fee and the whole transaction was painless. I am not paying for you advertising and such.
Old 11-25-2017, 01:47 PM

I'm also looking to buy a new vehicle and will refuse to pay this fee. We should compile a list of dealers who DO NOT charge these crazy fees. I know that Mulinax Ford does not charge these fees. It's in their advertising.
Old 11-25-2017, 01:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail41 View Post
I'm also looking to buy a new vehicle and will refuse to pay this fee. We should compile a list of dealers who DO NOT charge these crazy fees. I know that Mulinax Ford does not charge these fees. It's in their advertising.

Check around Orlando, more competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2017, 04:02 PM
Default There are honest salespeople out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
When you visit a car dealership, one thing that you can be sure of is that the salesperson will lie to you about everything related to the price, fees, and value of the car. Personally, I believe that car manufacturers would sell more cars and make more money if they would get rid of the dealers and set a firm, fixed price for their product. Other retailers learned this lesson a long time ago.
I’m hoping that you was joking with saying “all salespeople are liars!
FYI salespeople are not paid a commission on the dealer fees charged, they’re paid on a percentage of the profit and dealer owners over the past 15 years have padded their ADM “Additional dealer mark up items to show as it should in commissions to the salesperson. Don’t blame the person who is helping you they just want to close the deal.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,598 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
I’m hoping that you was joking with saying “all salespeople are liars!
FYI salespeople are not paid a commission on the dealer fees charged, they’re paid on a percentage of the profit and dealer owners over the past 15 years have padded their ADM “Additional dealer mark up items to show as it should in commissions to the salesperson. Don’t blame the person who is helping you they just want to close the deal.
I was not joking. The first lie they all tell is to show you a bogus invoice which in no way represents what the dealer paid for the car. Cars are not even sold to the dealer on an individual vehicle basis with specific invoices. I have never visited a car dealership when I have not caught the salesperson in numerous lies and untruths about costs, rebates, financing, and vehicle features. The only way to get a fair price on a new car is to do your homework and know what the "out-the-door" price should be. That is the basic cost of the car (usually about 3 percent below MSRP) minus the applicable rebates and trade-in value, plus the sales tax, title fee, and tag fee. Some dealers will even try to overcharge for the tag fees by saying that you may owe the state money that they need resolve to get a tag. Dealer installed options, dealer preparation, documentation fees, and advertising fees are totally bogus. But, it is a mistake to even discuss anything related to individual fees with the dealer except the out-the-door price. After you agree on the out-the-door price, the dealer will make the numbers work and you can write a check for that amount. Use KBB.com and Edmunds.com to price the car. Then, if you are honest, polite, and firm with the dealer, you can buy an average car for that amount and save about $2000 to $3000 as compared to what an uninformed buyer will pay.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 11-25-2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:05 AM
Gold member
Default Real Auto Prices

There are so many reputable websites that will provide actual costs and prices of automobiles (new and used), anyone going to a dealership with the intention to buy should have the information necessary to get a reasonable deal. You can visit Truecar, Edmunds, Kelley Blue Book, Carfax, and a bunch of others. If you don't do your homework, you deserve to pay a high price.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
There are so many reputable websites that will provide actual costs and prices of automobiles (new and used), anyone going to a dealership with the intention to buy should have the information necessary to get a reasonable deal. You can visit Truecar, Edmunds, Kelley Blue Book, Carfax, and a bunch of others. If you don't do your homework, you deserve to pay a high price.
One thing you can learn here is a lot of people DON'T do their homework! If they don't have a clue when buying a home.... how much homework are they doing on buying a car?
Old 11-27-2017, 06:23 AM

could you share the dealer name with me - i am not a dealer , i am looking for a lease car ?

thanks

Bruce - . The Villages
Old 11-27-2017, 08:41 AM
Default If you like Hyundai's - check out this new dealership

Hyundai of Central Florida in Clermont recently opened and they are following the original Saturn model putting their best price up front with no haggling. Bought a 2018 Sonata and saved over $3,000 from what other Hyundai dealers were offering. Check it out.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:25 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,060 Times in 529 Posts

There's a dealer called Mullinax Ford, down in Apopka, that advertises no dealer fees. I have no personal experience with them.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:26 AM

Contact me at jk103017@icloud.com. I’ll give you all the information. Kappy

Last edited by kappy; 11-27-2017 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Email address did not show properly
Old 11-27-2017, 09:29 AM

The Clermont dealer gave me much higher quotes than dealer fee dealers. Kappy

Last edited by kappy; 11-27-2017 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Answer was not clear
Old 11-27-2017, 09:31 AM

No dealer fee at the MULLINAX dealerships. There several of them in central FL. I have done business with them several times in the past 21 years.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:39 AM
Default Will buy Up North in future.

When Buyers walk it is amazing what happens.
I am an expert car buyer often helping others.
I found the experience of buying a pre-owned Elantra very
Tiring. Found local Hyundai dealer millennial salesman so unknowlegable I had to walk out before I punched him.

You can try small towns like Inverness etc. to spread the love around and perhaps get a lower price before they add $599 dealer fee on a used car. Good grief Charlie Brown!!
Old 11-27-2017, 10:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappy View Post
6 years ago, when I lived in a northeastern state, I leased a vehicle for a very reasonable down payment and reasonable monthly rates. By the time that the 3 year lease was nearing its end, I had moved to Florida. I could not find any local Florida dealership willing to lease me another vehicle at reasonable prices, primarily due to the “dealer fee”. I went back up north and got the same deal as my original lease and they titled everything in Florida.

Last month, when my leased vehicle was nearing the end of the lease, I again checked several local dealers. One of those dealers is new and advertised, “No Dealer Fee”. All of the local dealers deals were again much higher than I had negotiated up north. So much for no dealer fee dealers.

I was ready to go back up north to visit relatives and lease a new car when a friend told me about a dealer in the area who gave him a deal similar to what I had on the same basic car. I contacted the saleswoman at this dealership and without any hassle at all, I had my new 2018 car in 3 hours at the same price I had paid up north.

If this Florida dealership can make a profit without charging a dealer fee, (the same profit that the dealers up north make), why do the Florida dealerships have to make this extra profit called a “Dealer Fee”? If buyers in Florida are willing to accept these extra charges, there is no incentive for the Florida dealerships to eliminate them.

As a senior citizen, I have bought or leased many vehicles. This had to be the easiest car deal I have ever experienced. I am willing to share more details about my experience.
I'm also from up north, Ohio to be exact & I worked for Ford Mo. Co. in Lima, Ohio for 38 yrs. You're exactly right about what you said. To put it in a nutshell, in this area it's called taking advantage of the retirees,dealers like to tell you this car was only driven on Sun. you know what I mean. People can say what they want but if I want a discount I'll use my "Z" Plan. Some dealers say they can beat it, maybe so, but even I proceed with caution. If I buy another car, which I'm going to in the next yr. I'm going to give Key Scales a chance then I'm going to call the dealer where I bought my Ford Fusion Sport from & I'll bet my dealer in Ohio will beat any Ford dealer down here by at least $1,000. or more. If you're interested in a Ford I can get you a Pin# to save you some money, but like I said some dealers will give you some kind of Song & Dance how they can beat it. If they can beat it, go for it but check at least 3 dealers before you decide. For gosh sakes don't let them tell you that you have to buy now to get this wonderful deal. Do your homework.
Closed Thread

Tags
florida, lease, dealers, north, dealer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.