Florida lawmakers working on bill to limit support of emotional support animals.

Florida lawmakers working on bill to limit support of emotional support animals.

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 12-03-2019, 05:35 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
I think the only emotional support animal that should be allowed is a shmoo.

A shmoo is shaped like a plump bowling pin with stubby legs. It has smooth skin, eyebrows, and sparse whiskers—but no arms, nose, or ears. Its feet are short and round, but dexterous, as the shmoo's comic book adventures make clear. It has a rich gamut of facial expressions and often expresses love by exuding hearts over its head. Cartoonist Al Capp ascribed to the shmoo the following curious characteristics:

They reproduce asexually and are incredibly prolific, multiplying faster than rabbits. They require no sustenance other than air.
Shmoos are delicious to eat, and are eager to be eaten. If a human looks at one hungrily, it will happily immolate itself—either by jumping into a frying pan, after which they taste like chicken, or into a broiling pan, after which they taste like steak. When roasted they taste like pork, and when baked they taste like catfish. Raw, they taste like oysters on the half-shell.
They also produce eggs (neatly packaged), milk (bottled, grade-A), and butter—no churning required. Their pelts make perfect bootleather or house timbers, depending on how thick one slices them.
They have no bones, so there's absolutely no waste. Their eyes make the best suspender buttons, and their whiskers make perfect toothpicks. In short, they are simply the perfect ideal of a subsistence agricultural herd animal.
Naturally gentle, they require minimal care and are ideal playmates for young children. The frolicking of shmoos is so entertaining (such as their staged "shmoosical comedies") that people no longer feel the need to watch television or go to the movies.
Some of the more tasty varieties of shmoo are more difficult to catch, however. Usually shmoo hunters, now a sport in some parts of the country, use a paper bag, flashlight, and stick to capture their shmoos. At night the light stuns them, then they may be whacked in the head with the stick and put in the bag for frying up later on.
Sounds like the movie gremlin’s? And know how those lovable pets turned out. Also I think you been taking on snip hunting trip?

Old 12-03-2019, 05:42 PM

I was on a flight and fell asleep. I awakened to a feeling of wetness on my arm and saw the the dachsund on the lap of a man next to me was licking my arm. The man was apparently ok with this because he made a slight adjustment but left the dog essentially where he was initially. I consider this unsanitary. You never know where that dog had previously licked.

Last edited by Liz22; 12-03-2019 at 05:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liz22 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
support dogs
Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM

Default support dogs

In training ??????? What is up with that.
Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM

Robot Check

does not make a "service" dog.
The Following User Says Thank You to jacksonbrown For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 10:43 AM

GET A LIFE! There are so many important issues that the legislature could be spending their time on than to respond to a FEW people with nothing better to do! There has to be a middle ground. Go to Europe (my experience is in Germany). You'll find dogs in all kinds of public places including restaurants and bars on a regular basis. I personally don't take my dog to those places on a regular basis but there have been times when I am out and need to make a quick stop at Publix and my 10# dog is with me in the care that it would be nice to take her in with me as a matter of convenience but I don't even though I've seen people in there with theirs. We don't need legislation to do the right thing. Our legislature needs to be spending time on fixing Education, Medical Care, Cost of living, Infrastructure, Global Warming, etc, etc, etc..

My 2 cents worth
Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brick010207 View Post
GET A LIFE! There are so many important issues that the legislature could be spending their time on than to respond to a FEW people with nothing better to do! There has to be a middle ground. Go to Europe (my experience is in Germany). You'll find dogs in all kinds of public places including restaurants and bars on a regular basis. I personally don't take my dog to those places on a regular basis but there have been times when I am out and need to make a quick stop at Publix and my 10# dog is with me in the care that it would be nice to take her in with me as a matter of convenience but I don't even though I've seen people in there with theirs. We don't need legislation to do the right thing. Our legislature needs to be spending time on fixing Education, Medical Care, Cost of living, Infrastructure, Global Warming, etc, etc, etc..

My 2 cents worth
I have a life and I think your reaction is also extreme.

The businesses who must balance this are afraid of being sued because of the ADA and before any thoughts enter your mind, believe me when I say I fully understand what having a handicap means.

It isn't fair for people to bring their emotional support animals anywhere that would be a bother to others. The dear animals do not have a vote and bear the brunt of their owners bad judgement.
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM
Sage

Location: East Meadow NY, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Auburn NY, Lake Deaton

Quote:

My 2 cents worth
Yeah, right. Let's have a menagerie wherever we go and focus on global warming---what a joke
The Following User Says Thank You to golfing eagles For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:

My 2 cents worth
You have overvalued.
Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM
Sage

Quote:

My 2 cents worth
Europe is Europe and here is here. (How's that for depth?) When in Rome...

The point is frauds are making it hard on the people who really need a service dog. And the law is making it easy on the frauds.
Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM
Sage

Location: East Meadow NY, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Auburn NY, Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Europe is Europe and here is here. (How's that for depth?) When in Rome...

The point is frauds are making it hard on the people who really need a service dog. And the law is making it easy on the frauds.
And there is a tremendous amount of fraud. The problem is utilizing the family physician as the gatekeeper for a letter to allow ESAs. It is very hard to say no to these requests, and most physicians just give it to their patient. Personally, I never signed a letter for an ESA, instead I told the patient that if their mental health problem is so extensive that they cannot be separated from their furry friend even for a trip to the grocery store, then they need to see a psychiatrist who is more qualified to evaluate their request. Surprise, surprise---not one of the dozens of patients that I made this offer to ever made the appointment. I guess their need for a four legged furball wasn't as dire as they first described.
The Following User Says Thank You to golfing eagles For This Useful Post:

Tags
support, florida, subject, view, lawmakers