Forget just being fired

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2020, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts
Angry Forget just being fired

There should be a murder charge...pure and simple.

And the other three should be prosecuted as accomplices.

It happens again (click here)

Quote:
Four Minnesota police officers have been fired after the death of a black man who was taken into custody and seen on video being pinned down by his neck.

Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo said the four officers were now "former employees".

Footage shows the man, George Floyd, groaning and repeatedly saying "I can't breathe" to the white officer.

The incident echoed that of Eric Garner, a black man who died being arrested in New York City in 2014.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:42 PM
Sage

And for those who haven't seen it, here's a man on the ground handcuffed...and posing absolutely no threat.

WARNING, GRAPHIC & SHOULD CAUSE OUTRAGE.

Old 05-27-2020, 07:45 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

No excuse for this kind of behavior from the police. Agree with the murder charge.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,411 Times in 5,104 Posts

I wonder about the rioting and looting that is taking place. What is the point of it, and what good does it accomplish, especially the looting of innocent property owners? It seems counterproductive to me. Is it at all helpful?
Old 05-27-2020, 08:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I wonder about the rioting and looting that is taking place. What is the point of it, and what good does it accomplish, especially the looting of innocent property owners? It seems counterproductive to me. Is it at all helpful?
I agree, that doesn't accomplish...or change anything.

On the other hand...neither did this.

The Villages Florida

And the fact that it's been days now with no charges being filed, just adds to the general rage...of the difference in privilege.

Much like the Colonialists...against Britain.

Old 05-27-2020, 08:36 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
There should be a murder charge...pure and simple.

And the other three should be prosecuted as accomplices.

It happens again (click here)
You're a bit late.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump 6:39 PM · May 27, 2020

At my request, the FBI and the Department of Justice are already well into an investigation as to the very sad and tragic death in Minnesota of George Floyd.
I have asked for this investigation to be expedited and greatly appreciate all of the work done by local law enforcement. My heart goes out to George’s family and friends. Justice will be served!
Old 05-28-2020, 04:57 AM
Sage

The same thing happened in Staten Island a few years a go, the cop was fired, but never charged--however; six minutes on the carotid artery will kill anyone--it is murder pure and simple
once the suspect is cuffed -game over --no need for any addition force or restraint
Good that the feds are on it big time

Back in 2018, a minneapolis police officer shot & killed an Australian woman who knocked on his patrol car window-he was convicted of murder--big difference- victim was white and no rioting
Old 05-28-2020, 05:05 AM

Quote:
I agree, that doesn't accomplish...or change anything.

On the other hand...neither did this.

The Villages Florida

And the fact that it's been days now with no charges being filed, just adds to the general rage...of the difference in privilege.

Much like the Colonialists...against Britain.

How many misunderstood the protest (or chose to) as being against the flag and police when it was a statement about inequality and the treatment of minorities.

What happened in Minnesota is horrifying. Those cops should all be charged.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:20 AM

We don't know what happened prior to the video. Regardless, charge the cop with murder as that is what he did. If he is acquitted after all the facts are presented, then riot all you want, but I don't understand why the riots now. Cops that abuse their power are exponentially worse than the criminals themselves and there are lots of them out there. That said, if an ahole cop confronts you, you say yes sir and do what he asks.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:38 AM

The real issue is that police in general have developed a culture that has gone a way past law enforcement. The incident in question is due to a NSF check. In most countries a NSF check is a not even a criminal Or police issue. It is a civil issue.

Perhaps the media and every politician need to stop the constant drip of thanking first responders for everything from getting coffee to cleaning a washroom. First responders actually think they are special. They are not, they accepted the job.

The statistics bare out that policing in general is not a high risk job. It is time to change the culture. The quickest way to change a culture is to change the people.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:48 AM

I have not seen the entire video. I will reserve judgement until I get all the facts. I encourage all of you to do the same. In the meantime, please don't riot. So stupid.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahabs View Post
How many misunderstood the protest (or chose to) as being against the flag and police when it was a statement about inequality and the treatment of minorities.

What happened in Minnesota is horrifying. Those cops should all be charged.
And how sad, that no matter how many times we explain it, that you don’t get that there are a million other ways of protesting inequality than kneeling during the anthem. It was most definitely disrespecting the flag which was not necessary to the protest of inequality and highly offensive especially to those who died giving him the right to protest ( well except that he was at his job at the time and his employer had a rule against it and there was was plenty of time and plenty of methods to use in his free time to protest).

Anyway, with regard to the current horrible murder that just happened on video I hope they throw that cop in jail for the rest of his life and he may find out what it’s like to have someone else throw a power trip on him.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
You're a bit late.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump 6:39 PM · May 27, 2020

At my request, the FBI and the Department of Justice are already well into an investigation as to the very sad and tragic death in Minnesota of George Floyd.
I have asked for this investigation to be expedited and greatly appreciate all of the work done by local law enforcement. My heart goes out to George’s family and friends. Justice will be served!
I'm not "late" in the least.

I thought so the minute I saw the abhorrent video...not almost two days later.
Old 05-28-2020, 06:12 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,840 Times in 777 Posts

Quote:
And for those who haven't seen it, here's a man on the ground handcuffed...and posing absolutely no threat.

WARNING, GRAPHIC & SHOULD CAUSE OUTRAGE.

Here’s an article from a Minneapolis station. It seems that knee to neck is allowed while subduing someone violent and resisting, but not too hard and not on the trachea and not for long—just enough to gain control. This suspect was controlled (on his belly and cuffed) and could have been put in the car. The officer’s knee was not on the trachea and was not hard enough to prevent the suspect’s talking (it was not the officer’s full weight.) But then the officer kept the knee there, breaking policy. His partners should have stopped him within a few seconds and helped him secure the suspect. And then the officer probably put a lot more weight on the neck. I think immediate firing is appropriate. But I’d like to see how the suspect came to be there on the ground beside the patrol car. Criminal charges? Probably appropriate.

And what about all these protestors destroying things? They are all guilty of crimes, as well, and they should be identified and disciplined, as well.

Experts question officer’s actions | kare11.com
Old 05-28-2020, 06:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

so sad and so unnecessary
Closed Thread

Tags
man, officers, black, police, fired

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.