Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2020, 06:40 PM
Gold member

I just had one delivered from Walmart.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValSetz View Post
Stouffer's frozen family size meat lasagna
Their vegetable lasagna is even better. Great for large gathering.
Old 05-12-2020, 07:46 PM

I fill my freezer with ingredients and leftovers so there’s little room for anything else. My favorite frozen ingredients to keep are bags of plain veggies & berries, andouille sausages, Pillsbury frozen biscuits, Cole’s garlic bread (It is pre-sliced so I can heat up only one or two slices in my air fryer) and Reames Egg Noodles. I freeze eggs (uncooked, scrambled individually) & also 1/4 cup sizes of frozen milk (I freeze both in muffin tins then transfer to ziploc bags) I also keep frozen orange juice concentrate (mixed drinks). I freeze extra cooked chicken breast, ground beef, bacon and sausage in ziploc bags. I agree Blue Bell Ice Cream is always good, so is Breyer’s especially Vanilla Bean (which is a good shake or mixed drink base Alamode to a slice of store-bought or homemade pie) If you like Cajun, then you should try Zatarain’s Jambalaya (Spicy rice) Mix—it’s dried in a box. It is a great base that you can add bits of veggies or meat or a can of kidney beans to, or it’s even pretty good plain. I also keep a stockpile of packed-in-juice canned fruits, beans, tomatoes, and no-salt-added veggies along with tuna-in-water and cream of chicken & mushroom soups. Then, all I need is some very basic fresh foods and I can make a lot of good food. The boxed Ortega Taco Kits are easy, tasty and very flexible but not low sodium & kind of messy. I freeze leftover chili, chicken & noodles, tuna & noodles and many rice dishes in single-serving sizes (ziploc bags save lots of freezer space) Most frozen prepared foods are disappointingly not very tasty. (And where do food companies get all that rubber chicken from?)
Old 05-12-2020, 08:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALadysMom View Post
I fill my freezer with ingredients and leftovers so there’s little room for anything else. My favorite frozen ingredients to keep are bags of plain veggies & berries, andouille sausages, Pillsbury frozen biscuits, Cole’s garlic bread (It is pre-sliced so I can heat up only one or two slices in my air fryer) and Reames Egg Noodles. I freeze eggs (uncooked, scrambled individually) & also 1/4 cup sizes of frozen milk (I freeze both in muffin tins then transfer to ziploc bags) I also keep frozen orange juice concentrate (mixed drinks). I freeze extra cooked chicken breast, ground beef, bacon and sausage in ziploc bags. I agree Blue Bell Ice Cream is always good, so is Breyer’s especially Vanilla Bean (which is a good shake or mixed drink base Alamode to a slice of store-bought or homemade pie) If you like Cajun, then you should try Zatarain’s Jambalaya (Spicy rice) Mix—it’s dried in a box. It is a great base that you can add bits of veggies or meat or a can of kidney beans to, or it’s even pretty good plain. I also keep a stockpile of packed-in-juice canned fruits, beans, tomatoes, and no-salt-added veggies along with tuna-in-water and cream of chicken & mushroom soups. Then, all I need is some very basic fresh foods and I can make a lot of good food. The boxed Ortega Taco Kits are easy, tasty and very flexible but not low sodium & kind of messy. I freeze leftover chili, chicken & noodles, tuna & noodles and many rice dishes in single-serving sizes (ziploc bags save lots of freezer space) Most frozen prepared foods are disappointingly not very tasty. (And where do food companies get all that rubber chicken from?)
I'm pretty much the opposite. I use up what I cook within a few days so I never have to freeze anything. My freezer has an ice bucket, ice packs for sore muscles, one bag of frozen french fries, 3 hamburger patties, 2 Devour frozen entrees, and some pina colada popsicles. Oh and a big 1-gallon jug filled with water (now ice) because it's more cost-efficient to keep your freezer full than it is to keep it empty.
Old 05-12-2020, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALadysMom View Post
Wow and I thought I froze a lot of stuff. How do you keep track of your inventory?

On a regular basis stuff gets lost in our freezer reappearing a year or more later
Old 05-12-2020, 09:38 PM

I love Celantano frozen Eggplant Parmigiana. Just nuke it 7-9 minutes. I will have this with a side salad and Italian bread. Nice Italian meal! Also like their frozen raviolis and other pasta entrees.
Old 05-13-2020, 07:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[QUOTE=guysandy1960;1763111]
Quote:
Originally Posted by queasy27 View Post
I like Michael Angelo's chicken piccata with penne.

Wife would like to know where you purchased this.
At Publix. Michael Angelo's Eggplant Parmesan is good too. Marie Calendar has very good mac and cheese, unusually good. I was surprised. Walmart's chicken and dressing is very good as well.

Tags
frozen, food, good, greenwise, burrito

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.