Special needs

Closed Thread
Old 04-06-2015, 07:16 AM
Sage
Default Special needs

I know some of you good people out there have older children with various physical and mental challenges residing with you in your villages homes. I met a friend of a friend yesterday who is considering moving here from the great white north, but she first needs to find out what services are available for her 20 something son (such as occupational therapy, transportation, employment opportunities, etc. ) If any of you would be willing to share information, please PM me, I would be most grateful.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:34 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

suggest your friend call DCF and ask what resources are available. Probably the best source. Of course, every county will have different things available, so suggest your friend call all three.

I have noticed some special needs people working at Publix.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-06-2015, 10:47 AM
Sage

Thanks Red.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:20 PM

Hello I am the chairman of a group called AACID (Advocates for adult children with intellectual disabilities) the reason for this group is just that to provide information to families moving to the villages who have special needs adults and will services. Please send me an email jtklangan@aol.com and I will glad to share with you and your friend. Regards, Coach John,
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.