Gainesville shopping practice distance

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana33 View Post
Now every single brand says "in store purchase only."
Just ordered from Wal-mart late last week and it was delivered to my front door on Sunday. This is my first attempt/purchase of TP since this all started.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I get what Gainesville is trying to do, but we are adults and should be able to follow a simple idea like staying six feet away from one another. The question begs, what is Gainesville going to do if people cross the lines?

In New York City, huge crowd gathered to see the hospital ship and people were on top of one another. Are New Yorkers really that stupid?

This led the city of New York to announce that it will begin fining people $500 if they don't maintain six foot distances.

Is Gainesville next with fines?
Name any store that anybody practiced 6’ distance, in TV. There are none. Gainesville is stepping up to take care of issues that we have here, of masses crowded into store’s inches apart. Some try to keep distance, but you will just get run over.

It was the city that asked businesses to help, while not mandated, anyone We encountered was happy to keep their family safe, themselves, the many health care workers and first responders safe.

My post was to inform that other places are more than a step above. As far as fines, since it’s not a law, and residents want to keep as many people safe, I applaud them.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

They had TP at Neighborhood Walmart yesterday, 6 mega-roll pak of Angel Soft at 11am limit one.

To stay busy, I had a project of putting up 24 old TV photos and movies on the wall. I found 8x10 frames with glass at Walmart website 6 for $14. I ordered 24 on Friday, they shipped via Fedex on Saturday and delivered on Sunday and shipping was free since it was over $35. Each frame was individually bubble-wrapped and six in a box.

The Villages Florida
Old 03-31-2020, 11:01 AM

The best thing to do is wear YOUR MASK and GLOVES when you are in public. You are responisble for keeping yourself safe, not a line with a chalk mark, or walking in one direction, if you don't have a mask and gloves on, you risk getting sick no matter how careful the store manager has implemented procedures of protection. Stay safe!
Old 03-31-2020, 11:16 AM

Stop looking for the dark cloud in front of the silver lining. A comment like this was totally unneeded.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvM View Post
Stop looking for the dark cloud in front of the silver lining. A comment like this was totally unneeded.
To whom are you replying? It helps others to quote the post you're answering. Sometimes posts cross each other in cyber space!
Old 03-31-2020, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,012 Times in 1,739 Posts

Hubby doesn’t mince his words, he says he’d wear a hazmat suit to go shopping if he had one. Lol
Old 03-31-2020, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The Villages Florida
Old 03-31-2020, 05:21 PM

I am 59 moved here in late September bought two homes and will live here full time. I love everything about the Villages. My fiancé' and I believe in social distancing but we still get out daily to walk, run or bike. We love talking to neighbors we probably would not have met so easily had it not been for this virus. We stay a good distance more than 6' when we chat. Three weeks ago when I saw what was going on in Italy I said Hon, we need food. We eat out almost every night. I am a Costco lover and had two loyalty checks from them to cash so off we went to Orlando. We bought a lot but I can't tell you how fast I wanted to come back to this beautiful bubble. I am really tired of people complaining about the Villages. If you do not like it leave and find someplace better to spend the rest of your life. This is paradise and I hope to spend it with like minded folks. By the way the second home is a rental and we let a nice couple from Wisconsin out of their contract for April. We sent every dime back and we have no intention of renting it again until the Virus is over to protect our neighbors. I hope other landlords will heed this advice especially from folk wanting to come from NJ, NY and CT. I am a Jersey Girl and I tell my friends stay home. Florida is CLOSED.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:51 PM

It depends on the timing for buying at stores in Gainesville. I waited in the seniors line at 7 on a Monday. Line was very long. By 9 AM it had cleared out to very few people. They let you go in and lock the door behind you till it’s the next person’s turn to enter the store. Can’t believe The Villages are not setting rules for shoppers. The younger crowd was packed in the springs last weekend. Also all the spring breakers at the beaches.
Closed Thread

Tags
store, shopping, tjs, allowed, minutes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.