Gas prices don't make sense to me !!

Closed Thread
Old 10-27-2018, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
So you want to Nationalize the Companies that supply gas?
Is that what you call spending a whole lot less on gas coming from countries we have protected and still protect and still pay top dollar for their gas? Families who are struggling could use the money for health care or food or clothes.

So if that is Nationalizing Gas Companies then so be it. To me, it is common sense that we are financially repaid at the pump for our effort and the sacrifice that Families and Soldiers have made for our Country and the Countries supplying us with Gas.

I would just classify lower prices as common sense.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,597 Times in 5,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I understand that. For me gas is gas.
I agree. I never pay extra for something where I cannot actually discern the difference. So, for me, gas is gas.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:57 PM
Sage

Like many people have said, "it's marketing".

$9.99 sounds like less than $10 when they were marketing shirts. It's psychological.

Personally, I don't trust any gas company to do what's right, as prices vary.

To count your pennies, go to Find The Nearest Gas Stations & Cheapest Prices | Save On Gas to check for the cheapest price for gas.

Gas is gas, to me. They all have to have the same ingredients for "87" octane.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 10-28-2018, 05:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

If you can afford a "top tier" vehicle, then you can afford a "top tier" gas price. For the rest of the First World Civilization, gas is gas.
Old 10-28-2018, 05:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Is that what you call spending a whole lot less on gas coming from countries we have protected and still protect and still pay top dollar for their gas? Families who are struggling could use the money for health care or food or clothes.

So if that is Nationalizing Gas Companies then so be it. To me, it is common sense that we are financially repaid at the pump for our effort and the sacrifice that Families and Soldiers have made for our Country and the Countries supplying us with Gas.

I would just classify lower prices as common sense.
Then maybe suggest to the local gas station owner that they raise prices for everyone else, so that they can then give veterans and active military with appropriate ID a discount at the pump.

And good luck getting everyone who isn't veterans or active military with appropriate ID, to pay extra - when they can just get it cheaper down the block from the guy who doesn't play around with prices.

Remember the GAS STATION makes very little on gasoline. The OIL company is what profits most from it.
Closed Thread

Tags
price, gas, prices, make, sense

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.