Gettin' maudlin

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Eternal Member
Default Gettin' maudlin

:redface:
I guess I'm getting Xmas blues a bit early. I was reading the comics today and came to "Crankshaft". Not overly funny, maybe a little below par for the strip, but the last frame got to me. It is a flashback scene, showing a 50's era snapshop held in place by those cursed black paper triangles one would use to insert pictures into albums. Suddenly, a torrent of childhood Brownie shots came flooding into my mind with mom patiently putting them into the album. And whenever I tried to help, I either spill the box of triangles or get them stuck to my fingers. If "Adeste Fidelis" or "Ave Maria" had come on the radio about that time, I'd have lost it. But the "blues" ain't necessarily bad all the time.

Thank God for memories. :bigthumbsup:

And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 12-19-2007, 12:04 AM
Sage
Default Re: Gettin' maudlin

Muncle,

Good to know someone else gets the x-mas blues. I am tryin real hard this year to be upbeat about everything, it doesnt come easy. Holidays bring me flashbacks of happy past years too and the memories are bittersweet. I was beginning to feel like the only one on earth that felt this way. Thanks for letting me know Im not alone in this. gotta think of future X-mas's in tv, that is if past memories dont follow me there. :'(

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:28 AM
Default Re: Gettin' maudlin

I'm sure a lot of you can relate, but I think the loneliest Christmases were in the military when far from home. I spent my first Christmas in the middle of the Atlantic on a troop ship on my way to Germany. I was fortunate one Christmas to spend with a girlfriend at her home with her family. One I spent in the barracks - that was miserable. My heart goes out to all the troops away from home this Christmas. Let's all keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.