Getting out of a time share

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 06-19-2019, 09:47 PM

Default Getting out of a time share

Has anyone had any success getting out of a time share? If you have please share how you did it. We keep looking at the time share exit groups that guarantee success, but I would like to hear real success stories from real people.
Thank you!!!

Old 06-20-2019, 05:43 AM

Not positive but I think The Villages has something to help you with that. Ask your realtor
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2019, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctreick View Post
Has anyone had any success getting out of a timeshare? If you have please share how you did it. We keep looking at the time share exit groups that guarantee success, but I would like to hear real success stories from real people.
Thank you!!!
I'm not sure how much my our experience will help you. We had a timeshare at Seamist located in Mashpee on Cape Cod. We were fortunate to have been referred to a Sandwich, Ma attorney who specialized in selling timeshare units. Once per year he would hold an auction. We were willing to take any dollars we could get for it. In the end he sold at auction, we walked away with just under $2000 but that's great considering in 1983 the cost was $10k and the unit was used for the better part of 26 years.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Dave Ramsey is a well known and respected financial advisor, who also has a radio show. He endorses "timeshareexitteam.com". They will charge money up front, but will guarantee to get rid of your timeshare. There are lots of other companies who will just take your money and do nothing. Another idea, which is recommended by Clark Howard, another respected talk show host, is to stay at your timeshare when it is available, and offer to give it away to other timeshare owners who are staying there at the same time. Clark Howard refers to timeshares as a defective product. Good luck.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:53 AM
Sage

Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle

We have never owned a timeshare but stayed in them several times with friends before retirement. One of our friends gave the timeshare to one of their kids and gave the other sibling an equal amount of money. If you have children, you might give that some thought.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:04 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Dave Ramsey is a well known and respected financial advisor, who also has a radio show. He endorses "timeshareexitteam.com". They will charge money up front, but will guarantee to get rid of your timeshare. There are lots of other companies who will just take your money and do nothing. Another idea, which is recommended by Clark Howard, another respected talk show host, is to stay at your timeshare when it is available, and offer to give it away to other timeshare owners who are staying there at the same time. Clark Howard refers to timeshares as a defective product. Good luck.

I've heards Time Share Exit can work. Fully disclosure, Ramsey is a paid endorser.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I've heards Time Share Exit can work. Fully disclosure, Ramsey is a paid endorser.
I heard neither are successful
Old 06-20-2019, 07:41 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
I heard neither are successful

Not surprised.............

To clarify my position: I'm not endorsing, just sharing information.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
We have never owned a timeshare but stayed in them several times with friends before retirement. One of our friends gave the timeshare to one of their kids and gave the other sibling an equal amount of money. If you have children, you might give that some thought.
It only makes sense to give away a timeshare if it has market value. The problem is that many timeshares have no value because of the annual maintenance fees, and you have to pay someone money to take it. Even if you leave it to an heir or a charity, they may not accept the inheritance, and then your executor is required to spend money from your estate to get rid of the timeshare.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:07 AM
Veteran member

When I retired I was offered 3 timeshares for free. All from close friends. I turned them all down. The friends are both dead now, so I don't know what happened to the timeshares.

Tags
share, time, success, real, groups