Global Warming?

Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2015, 11:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts
Default Global Warming?

Yea, right. Whatever. It's -1 in KC right now, 39* below normal. I know it's not as cold as you folks in MN experience, but this is miserable. I keep telling myself "just a couple of more months here".
Old 01-07-2015, 11:45 PM

Global warming is only part of Global Climate change.
It's already here and to late to stop.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:49 PM
Sage

The only thing constant about the earth's climate through the millennia has been that it's always changing.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamby View Post
Global warming is only part of Global Climate change.
It's already here and to late to stop.
don't confuse folks with science
Old 01-08-2015, 12:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
The only thing constant about the earth's climate through the millennia has been that it's always changing.
You nailed it with this post.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:19 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

Change is good? We could use a little warmer climate.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:32 AM
Sage
At 7:00am this morning, with a temperature of 32 degrees and a wind chill of 23 degrees in The Villages, one golfer showed up and was surprised the rest of his foursome didn't show. This according to today's on-line news.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
At 7:00am this morning, with a temperature of 32 degrees and a wind chill of 23 degrees in The Villages, one golfer showed up and was surprised the rest of his foursome didn't show. This according to today's on-line news.
He obviously is used to playing above the arctic circle. Eh?
Old 01-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Veteran member

The worst thing scientists ever did regarding the climate change was to coin the phrase global warming. Now anytime it gets 1 degree out we get all the posts and comments from the Hannitys of this world berating science and somehow showing proof that climate change is not happening because it's cold outside!
Old 01-08-2015, 10:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkei View Post
The worst thing scientists ever did regarding the climate change was to coin the phrase global warming. Now anytime it gets 1 degree out we get all the posts and comments from the Hannitys of this world berating science and somehow showing proof that climate change is not happening because it's cold outside!
They should look at the polar ice caps for evidence and not so much on the Villages' golf courses.

That said. When I lived in Minneapolis and was out and about in -30 wind chills I would look like the Michelin Man with my five or so layers of clothes. We sure did a lot of laundry. http://www.logodesignlove.com/bibendum-michelin-man
Old 01-08-2015, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
They should look at the polar ice caps for evidence and not so much on the Villages' golf courses.

That said. When I lived in Minneapolis and was out and about in -30 wind chills I would look like the Michelin Man with my five or so layers of clothes. We sure did a lot of laundry. The story of the Michelin Man | Logo Design Love
nne

Even thou it's rather brisk in Minnesota now (Schools closed due to cold)Minnesotans are still biking to work.

Harhttp://www.tcdailyplanet.net/news/2012/11/20/surviving-cold-two-wheels-10-tips-winter-biking-minnesota
Old 01-08-2015, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

It was 60,000 year or so we had ice age due to the earth oblong cycle around the sun. We have no control over that. Ice age in getting near. The best thing the grantee done was change the name from global warning to climate change. Why The climate always changing like it been doing for billon years. So you can't disagree. It going to change tomorrow, next year, or 100,000 years.

It's all about money and who controls and distribution of it. The fed gov. Gives way tax money to foreign countries like candy while starving or bleeding it's citizens. We are propping the world economy up at the expense of our economy.
When the yen takes over as the gold standard the dollar will be worth about as much as peso. That's the change we should be worrying about!

If I got enough money I can get somebody with doctoral degree to do study with the results I want to fit my agenda. Why? once you get doctoral nobody can say your wrong without the piece of paper. Only other doctoral in remotely similar area of study can refute findings. One thing about study it's someone opinion. Get enough to agree with you now it's the truth.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
It was 60,000 year or so we had ice age due to the earth oblong cycle around the sun. We have no control over that. Ice age in getting near. The best thing the grantee done was change the name from global warning to climate change. Why The climate always changing like it been doing for billon years. So you can't disagree. It going to change tomorrow, next year, or 100,000 years.

It's all about money and who controls and distribution of it. The fed gov. Gives way tax money to foreign countries like candy while starving or bleeding it's citizens. We are propping the world economy up at the expense of our economy.
When the yen takes over as the gold standard the dollar will be worth about as much as peso. That's the change we should be worrying about!

If I got enough money I can get somebody with doctoral degree to do study with the results I want to fit my agenda. Why? once you get doctoral nobody can say your wrong without the piece of paper. Only other doctoral in remotely similar area of study can refute findings. One thing about study it's someone opinion. Get enough to agree with you now it's the truth.

We do have control over what pollutants go into the sky in this country. Granted not a whole lot at an individual basis. The polar ice caps are melting and something can be done about that. Whether or not the cycles are 10,000, or 100,000 or whatever span of years. The human element has had a huge impact in the last 100 years or so.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Even though 2014 was the hottest summer on earth since record keeping, a cold snap is all that is needed to provide enough empirical evidence that the planet is not getting warmer.
Old 01-08-2015, 11:46 AM
Veteran member

look at global ocean temps rising....weird weather will be the norm from here on out
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.