Global Warming?

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2015, 11:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
It was 60,000 year or so we had ice age due to the earth oblong cycle around the sun. We have no control over that. Ice age in getting near. The best thing the grantee done was change the name from global warning to climate change. Why The climate always changing like it been doing for billon years. So you can't disagree. It going to change tomorrow, next year, or 100,000 years.

It's all about money and who controls and distribution of it. The fed gov. Gives way tax money to foreign countries like candy while starving or bleeding it's citizens. We are propping the world economy up at the expense of our economy.
When the yen takes over as the gold standard the dollar will be worth about as much as peso. That's the change we should be worrying about!

If I got enough money I can get somebody with doctoral degree to do study with the results I want to fit my agenda. Why? once you get doctoral nobody can say your wrong without the piece of paper. Only other doctoral in remotely similar area of study can refute findings. One thing about study it's someone opinion. Get enough to agree with you now it's the truth.
You don't seem to understand how science works. Global climate change data are available with the best data of course being the most recent as it has been collected with the most precision. The data is the "truth" if well collected. Scientists then analyze that data attempting to develop a theory of what factor or factors best explain the data which is observed. No scientist would use the word truth to describe an interpretation of observed data. Perhaps you used the word too loosely or don't have the background to understand the scientific method. A theory then should be able to predict future events or with modification explain future deviations from what had been predicted. Scientists then publish their results in journals. The better journals are peer reviewed prior to publication to try to not publish poorly written or inaccurate research. Once published it is open season as others are free to attack the assumptions, the methodology, the analysis of the data and the conclusions. Papers of exceptional difference from the standard theories receive special scrutiny but are especially welcome.

While no scientist wants to see his work criticized or invalidated almost all would accept such as an advancement of science. Ultimately with each tweak a fuller picture of the field emerges. You can go ahead and try and buy a scientist (good luck with that as publication of wrong data and bad conclusions will ruin your career) but such will not be successful in altering the science nor changing the long term outcome. I am only aware of one situation where individuals with lots of money have been attempting to use their money to influence the study of climate change.

Academic Freedom Under Assault |

But sometimes even trying to buy a scientist backfires

Bombshell: Funded Study Finds 'Global Warming Is ...
Old 01-08-2015, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men"

I like the little saying, goes good with today's education agenda.
Should Read
"It is easier to Brainwash strong child than brainwash men for future votes."
Old 01-10-2015, 12:10 PM

It all started with flouridation of the water supply! All the hot air from that discussion in the fifties has now built up and settled to ground level.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:20 PM
Sage

Has anyone been to Alaska twice? The first time being quite a while ago and the second visit more recently. Could you share what the differences were?
Old 01-10-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
The only thing constant about the earth's climate through the millennia has been that it's always changing.
Who was that famous polar bear that coined the phrase "reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated" Perhaps Al Gore could refresh our memory.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechie View Post
Who was that famous polar bear that coined the phrase "reports of my demise have been greatly exaggerated" Perhaps Al Gore could refresh our memory.
Are polar bear populations increasing: in fact, booming?

click here to find out

"Some Native communities in Canada are reporting an increase in the numbers of polar bears on land. Traditional hunters believe this means an increase in population. Scientists attribute it to polar bears being driven ashore by lack of ice.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service states, ". . . extensive scientific studies have indicated that the increased observation of bears on land is a result of changing distribution patterns and a result of changes in the accessibility of sea ice habitat."

The Nobel Peace Prize 2007 was awarded jointly to Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and Albert Arnold (Al) Gore Jr. "for their efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change, and to lay the foundations for the measures that are needed to counteract such change"

Photos: Copyright © The Nobel Foundation
Old 01-10-2015, 06:04 PM
Sage

I think it's cow flatulence - eat more chikin!
Old 01-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post

According to our fearless leaders of the left leaning side, you are significantly correct. I grew up in Beantown - no cows there - so it must be the politicians.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
“Cows emit a massive amount of methane through belching, with a lesser amount through flatulence,” according to How Stuff Works. “Statistics vary regarding how much methane the average dairy cow expels. Some experts say 100 liters to 200 liters a day… while others say it’s up to 500 liters… a day. In any case, that’s a lot of methane, an amount comparable to the pollution produced by a car in a day.”
Scientists from Proctor and Gamble are experimenting with a new medicine named Pepto Bismoo. If that doesn't work they will be trying Two-Tums because cows have two stomachs. Earlier attempts with Amoodium reduced belching but the milk tasted like Magnesium.

stay tuned

Last edited by tomwed; 01-10-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Sage
Default Global Warming?

😷😷😷

Last edited by dbussone; 01-11-2015 at 08:28 AM.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:01 AM
Veteran member

All you global warming alarmists.....don't look now, but the global ice caps are EXPANDING! Oh my! Where people thought they were going to be able to ship thru this region all of a sudden they can't. The ice is reforming. Run for your life, it must be global cooling!!!
Old 01-11-2015, 01:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
All you global warming alarmists.....don't look now, but the global ice caps are EXPANDING! Oh my! Where people thought they were going to be able to ship thru this region all of a sudden they can't. The ice is reforming. Run for your life, it must be global cooling!!!
References please? Every source I have seen shows exactly the opposite. Be sure you understand the difference between sea ice and land ice when looking at Antarctica data.

You do of course understand that a single year is not climate, it is weather and wind and sea currents. Show me data say looking at the trend lines over that last 50 or 20 or 10 years. That is what I'd like to see. Please support your claim.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	sea ice.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	46954  
Old 01-11-2015, 01:59 PM
Sage

Note the average for 1981 to 2010 and the data, the real data not what you might have been told by the Heartland Institute for the few years since then and the up to date numbers into 2015.

In case you are not familiar with reading graphs... the higher the line the more ice coverage exists. The lower the line the more the ice is disappearing from the baseline years of 1981 to 2010. Of course those baseline years are lower than for previous years so if the baseline had been 1950 to 2000 or similar, those declines would be even more dramatic
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	ice 2.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	46955  
Old 01-11-2015, 02:03 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Yea, right. Whatever. It's -1 in KC right now, 39* below normal. I know it's not as cold as you folks in MN experience, but this is miserable. I keep telling myself "just a couple of more months here".
Yea but in Minnesota its a dry cold
Old 01-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
They should look at the polar ice caps for evidence and not so much on the Villages' golf courses.

That said. When I lived in Minneapolis and was out and about in -30 wind chills I would look like the Michelin Man with my five or so layers of clothes. We sure did a lot of laundry. The story of the Michelin Man | Logo Design Love
Tal Antarctic ice is actually growing and the polar bear populations is growing
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.