Global Warming?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 01-11-2015, 02:10 PM
rubicon rubicon is offline
Email Reported As Spam
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,697
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
It was 60,000 year or so we had ice age due to the earth oblong cycle around the sun. We have no control over that. Ice age in getting near. The best thing the grantee done was change the name from global warning to climate change. Why The climate always changing like it been doing for billon years. So you can't disagree. It going to change tomorrow, next year, or 100,000 years.

It's all about money and who controls and distribution of it. The fed gov. Gives way tax money to foreign countries like candy while starving or bleeding it's citizens. We are propping the world economy up at the expense of our economy.
When the yen takes over as the gold standard the dollar will be worth about as much as peso. That's the change we should be worrying about!

If I got enough money I can get somebody with doctoral degree to do study with the results I want to fit my agenda. Why? once you get doctoral nobody can say your wrong without the piece of paper. Only other doctoral in remotely similar area of study can refute findings. One thing about study it's someone opinion. Get enough to agree with you now it's the truth.
  #32  
Old 01-11-2015, 02:17 PM
rubicon rubicon is offline
Email Reported As Spam
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,697
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
References please? Every source I have seen shows exactly the opposite. Be sure you understand the difference between sea ice and land ice when looking at Antarctica data.

You do of course understand that a single year is not climate, it is weather and wind and sea currents. Show me data say looking at the trend lines over that last 50 or 20 or 10 years. That is what I'd like to see. Please support your claim.
As i recollect from my reading it was this focus on sea ice currents etc that have scientist now debating whether the shrinkage of land ice had been mistaken because of the variables in current etc.
  #33  
Old 01-11-2015, 02:36 PM
rubicon rubicon is offline
Email Reported As Spam
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 13,697
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

My nephew is a weather guy and I tease him about the numerous qualifiers his profession uses when projecting the weather,mostly % partly .....

So now we have glowers predicting our demise. a number of articles have pointed to the computer manipulation of data. Not to mention the conceit by some that a computer model no matter how sophisticated is going to include every possible combination, permutation, etc involving our solar system that may or may not have an affect on our climate

I support all efforts to reduce pollution in our lakes cities etc . American has come a long way in reducing pollutants given transportation, power plants etc
I also agree that there is a moral imperative to deliver fossil fuels to the world's poorest country and to continue developing methods to make fossil fuels clearer. We should reengage in nuclear energy India, China etc must equal our efforts now
  #34  
Old 01-12-2015, 06:28 AM
Bay Kid's Avatar
Bay Kid Bay Kid is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Posts: 3,726
Thanks: 685
Thanked 1,605 Times in 651 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
So true. It is all about the money.
  #35  
Old 01-12-2015, 05:07 PM
JP's Avatar
JP JP is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Village of St. James and Marquette, Michigan
Posts: 769
Thanks: 0
Thanked 95 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Absolutely about the money. Make the people fearful, they will be compliant and will spend money and use unnecessary resources to save themselves from their fears.
__________________
"I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work, the more I have of it." -Thomas Jefferson
  #36  
Old 01-12-2015, 05:22 PM
tomwed tomwed is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9,980
Thanks: 0
Thanked 158 Times in 153 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Absolutely about the money. Make the people fearful, they will be compliant and will spend money and use unnecessary resources to save themselves from their fears.
Just so I understand your point.
What are our fears?
What was fabricated?
What do we spend money on?
  #37  
Old 01-12-2015, 10:18 PM
tcxr750 tcxr750 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cleveland Suburb
Posts: 499
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Default

China is holding the 4th World Vehicle Electrification Summit. One of the goals is to have EV charging stations across China's key cities. I imagine that EV's in China will reduce dependence on foreign oil and reduce emissions in cities where the smog is so thick in looks like LA in the 70's. Remember?
It would be interesting to read comments from non-U.S. residents to see what they believe about Global Warming.
As a side note, if you google the Portage Glacier in Alaska you will see the changes shown in photographs of the glacier over 80 years. The change is dramatic. I was in Anchorage, AK twice in the 80's and the changes were noticeable over a 5 year period.
Global warming is undeniable, the consequences of it are not.
  #38  
Old 01-12-2015, 10:32 PM
Polar Bear's Avatar
Polar Bear Polar Bear is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,675
Thanks: 220
Thanked 903 Times in 368 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcxr750 View Post
...Global warming is undeniable....

I would say climate change is undeniable. Global warming not-so-much.

But I'm not even sure that is really the main debate. How much does man contribute to and how much can he control climate change. Those are the real questions.
  #39  
Old 01-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Tennisnut Tennisnut is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 390
Thanks: 15
Thanked 50 Times in 12 Posts
Default

CO2 concentrations have increased from 280 to 395 ppm since the industrial revolution. At what CO2 levels does everyone think we should start taking action to prevent further manmade "adjustment" of our atmosphere? When will the buffering action of our oceans be exhausted? All this carbon was sequestered many million years ago as oil, coal and natural gas and is now being released during our reliance on fossil fuels.
  #40  
Old 01-13-2015, 10:26 AM
tedquick's Avatar
tedquick tedquick is online now
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 740
Thanks: 279
Thanked 47 Times in 28 Posts
Default

I still subscribe to the local newspaper (Omaha World Herald) where I lived until last September. While this post is somewhat political, it is meant to show the extreme positions of those who believe in climate change and those who don’t. A Craig Ryan had a piece in the paper’s Public Pulse. Here was my response:

Global Warming made up of lies

Wow, does Craig Ryan (1/7 Public Pulse) ever mischaracterize the climate-change “reality”!! He stated that since so many people agree that climate change is a problem that the conservatives (et al) should “accept this reality”. A 6/23/14 article in Personal Liberty Digest states, “The theory of man-made global warming is based on spurious science, phony statistics and outright lies”.

Fact: when the volcano, Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth. Fact: the earth has 800-year temperature cycles of heating and cooling which have been recurring since long before there was gas, oil or coal to blame. Fact: the planet has actually cooled 0.7 degrees in the last century.

But then facts must never stand in the way of an agenda. Since billions of dollars will be made if/when tax & trade becomes law it is shamefully nave to expect an “honesty awakening” in Washington or in the press rooms of America. The climate-change problem is a truth problem. Lies repeated often enough mysteriously become “the truth”, so I understand Mr. Ryan’s belief. It’s just that what he believes is wrong.
  #41  
Old 01-13-2015, 10:27 AM
blueash's Avatar
blueash blueash is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,609
Thanks: 163
Thanked 1,814 Times in 458 Posts
Default

2014 data are now in and

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/08/sc...ays.html?_r=2&

and CO2 levels are over 400 as of Jan 1 2015
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	co2.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	47000  
__________________
Men plug the dikes of their most needed beliefs with whatever mud they can find. - Clifford Geertz
  #42  
Old 01-13-2015, 12:34 PM
tomwed tomwed is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9,980
Thanks: 0
Thanked 158 Times in 153 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedquick View Post
I still subscribe to the local newspaper (Omaha World Herald) where I lived until last September. While this post is somewhat political, it is meant to show the extreme positions of those who believe in climate change and those who dont. A Craig Ryan had a piece in the papers Public Pulse. Here was my response:

Global Warming made up of lies

Wow, does Craig Ryan (1/7 Public Pulse) ever mischaracterize the climate-change reality!! He stated that since so many people agree that climate change is a problem that the conservatives (et al) should accept this reality. A 6/23/14 article in Personal Liberty Digest states, The theory of man-made global warming is based on spurious science, phony statistics and outright lies.

Fact: when the volcano, Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth. Fact: the earth has 800-year temperature cycles of heating and cooling which have been recurring since long before there was gas, oil or coal to blame. Fact: the planet has actually cooled 0.7 degrees in the last century.

But then facts must never stand in the way of an agenda. Since billions of dollars will be made if/when tax & trade becomes law it is shamefully nave to expect an honesty awakening in Washington or in the press rooms of America. The climate-change problem is a truth problem. Lies repeated often enough mysteriously become the truth, so I understand Mr. Ryans belief. Its just that what he believes is wrong.
I went to the "Personal Liberty Digest" and couldn't find your facts. Could you point me in the right direction?
  #43  
Old 01-13-2015, 12:46 PM
B767drvr B767drvr is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 599
Thanks: 189
Thanked 241 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Global Warming HOAX!

This is all about "scientists" sucking the public teat for decades of funding useless "careers" and politicians of a certain persuasion confiscating more money from citizens and corporations for their pet projects. When in doubt, follow the money.

Do hacked e-mails show global-warming fraud? Hot Air
  #44  
Old 01-13-2015, 12:52 PM
B767drvr B767drvr is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 599
Thanks: 189
Thanked 241 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedquick View Post
I still subscribe to the local newspaper (Omaha World Herald) where I lived until last September. While this post is somewhat political, it is meant to show the extreme positions of those who believe in climate change and those who dont. A Craig Ryan had a piece in the papers Public Pulse. Here was my response:

Global Warming made up of lies

Wow, does Craig Ryan (1/7 Public Pulse) ever mischaracterize the climate-change reality!! He stated that since so many people agree that climate change is a problem that the conservatives (et al) should accept this reality. A 6/23/14 article in Personal Liberty Digest states, The theory of man-made global warming is based on spurious science, phony statistics and outright lies.

Fact: when the volcano, Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases than the entire human race had emitted in all its years on earth. Fact: the earth has 800-year temperature cycles of heating and cooling which have been recurring since long before there was gas, oil or coal to blame. Fact: the planet has actually cooled 0.7 degrees in the last century.

But then facts must never stand in the way of an agenda. Since billions of dollars will be made if/when tax & trade becomes law it is shamefully nave to expect an honesty awakening in Washington or in the press rooms of America. The climate-change problem is a truth problem. Lies repeated often enough mysteriously become the truth, so I understand Mr. Ryans belief. Its just that what he believes is wrong.


I'm astounded at the gullibility of so many. (Well, to be perfectly honest, I'm actually NOT astounded.)
  #45  
Old 01-13-2015, 12:55 PM
Rags123 Rags123 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 673
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B767drvr View Post
Global Warming HOAX!

This is all about "scientists" sucking the public teat for decades of funding useless "careers" and politicians of a certain persuasion confiscating more money from citizens and corporations for their pet projects. When in doubt, follow the money.

Do hacked e-mails show global-warming fraud? Hot Air
I have no dog in this fight, but this story is over FIVE YEARS OLD and has been debunked...see Snopes, Wikipedia or your fact check of choice.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.