GMO Kids - C-R-E-E-P-Y!

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-27-2015, 12:09 PM
Veteran member
Default GMO Kids - C-R-E-E-P-Y!

Nice… scientists are close to producing Franken-babies.

For gay couples wanting children, scientists are now on the verge of combining the DNA of BOTH fathers with a donor egg… a true "genetically modified organism". Yikes! Can't imagine what could possibly go wrong? (said with heavy sarcasm)

“We believe the processing of humans in laboratories turns children into manufactured products and commodities,” he says. “This is not the way in which we should be producing our children.”

http://www.newsweek.com/biological-b...through-309453

I'm generally pretty live and let live, but this triggers all sorts of concerns: (moral, philosophical, religious, legal, practical, creep factor).

If someone can see an upside to this that I'm missing, I'd sure be interested. We're getting closer and closer to "ordering" a child like you would order a new car. Wonder what kind of warranty the kid comes with? I must be old! I can foresee the advantage to eliminating a host of genetic diseases, but it cheapens human life to that of a manufactured product. Pandora's box?
Old 02-27-2015, 12:14 PM
Gold member

I have no real problems with this other than the fact that I would be p1ssed if the research was not 100% privately funded.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Email Reported As Spam

The same kind of thinking going into developing these GMO kids is the same kind of thinking that believes same sex marriage isn't an oxymoron. This whole GLBT issue has been carefully choreographic since the 1980's and it is why you see Hollywood trying to make same sex couples homosexual sex in movies and TV a common place thing. That is, there hope if continually pushed it will appear socially acceptable and if socially acceptable then normal and if normal then a legitimate alternate lifestyle.

All of this is being wrapped around the cover of civil rights but this is not a civil right and no laws needed to be changed to provide the financial security legal access to estate of partners, etc they claim they lack .

The defeat of DOMA is already being nutty people out of the woodwork with one group pushing the legal right to incest.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:15 PM

I'm not too sure how I feel about a 3 biological parent child. That said, I can understand at least one of the reasons. Right now the child is the biological offspring of one of the parents only. That means the other parent would have to adopt the child in order to be considered a legal parent. Since gay marriage is not the law of the land, the relationship between the parents is not recognized in all states. Therefore, the parenthood of the non-biological parent might be refused also in a state that does not recognize gay marriage. Friends faced this issue recently when they came from their home state out west where they are legally married to Georgia to visit family. Despite having all the documentation, there was some anxiety. Hence the possible reason for a 3 biological parent embryo.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.