Golf Cart Rental

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Default Golf Cart Rental

I would like to rent a nice golf cart, with all the bells and whistles, for the month of February. Am I too late?
Old 01-18-2008, 12:23 AM
Default Re: Golf Cart Rental

From what I've seen most of the rental outfits only rent basic golf carts with no side curtains unless things have changed recently. Your may have to do a private rental if your looking for anything beyond the basics. You might check the classifieds in the daily sun available on line. thevillagesdailysun.com
Old 01-18-2008, 12:55 AM

Thanks Gonzy. I'll do that.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:30 AM

Do a search here for golf cart rentals. This is a subject that should have numerous names. A gentleman named Jim Followell 352-259-7525 rents cart with enclosures and they are faster, but legal, than the villages golf cars store. Good Luck and Welcome to the villages
Old 01-18-2008, 02:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I think Bama summed it up but if you still need help holler back and we'll do what we can, PM me if you need to.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:35 PM

Bama and Golfnut:

Thank you very much. I spoke with Jim and he said that he might be able to help me. I'm to call him back next Tuesday. He sounds like a really nice guy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

right now, I've got a "slow, smelly" gas cart without side curtins lined up and if Jim comes through, I'm sure he can do better.

My wife and I are very much looking forward to joining you at TV.

Evergreen
Old 01-19-2008, 02:01 AM

Evergreen, You will like Jim's cart. I rented from him last summer for a week. Not a single problem with the cart. Had a ball. Good Luck on trip to TV. Hope to meet you one day.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:50 PM

Bama:

When we get located in Feb. (we are renting o Designer Home for the month), I'll get in touch with you. They don't let us know where we're going to be until we get there. A little scary, but I'm told it'll be a good location, since we are prospective purchasers. We're excited about our visit...especially since we've got 5 inches of snow in Northern Virginia and it's really cold. Our home is on a golf course here and all we can do is look at it...Bummer.

I'll keep you posted on what happens with Jim. Cheers.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:27 AM
Platinum member

Over the weekend I tried renting either a 2 or 4 passenger golf cart from some of the local entrepreneurial types in TV for the last two weeks of March. They had neither 2 nor 4 seaters through the end of March. I wound up with a gas guzzler from Village Carts in LSL. In the summer when you see hundreds of golf carts lined up like soldiers in the partking lot you might wonder if they're ever all rented in the peak season. I'm here to tell you that they are. If your plans include renting a golf cart in March, you better make your plans now because they're going fast. George
Old 02-11-2008, 02:18 PM

We made it to TV. We're renting for a month and have a gorgeous Designer Home on the Briarwood golf course. Rented a gas cart from Jim Followell (thanks to Bama) and love it. It is quick! Now we're looking at neighboorhoods. Will move here as soon as we can sell our house back home.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Sage

evergreen,

Glad you made it...you were lucky to get a golf cart rental for Feb so late; we had guests in late Jan and rented a cart for 2 days...the TV agents said they were pretty much fully booked for golf carts in Feb. Also, TV carts don't have enclosures and are pretty pokey, so, you no doubt did much better with Jim F.

Enjoy your stay and don't drink the koolaid or you'll end up with 2 houses.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.