Golf Cart Screens??

Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Founder
Default Golf Cart Screens??

Guys, we would love to have left this thread going, however it is an ad. If we continue to allow free ads, nobody will need to pay for advertising. ;D
Old 08-23-2007, 06:35 AM
Default Re: Golf Cart Screens??

How are you connected to the web address at the bottom of your page? I checked it out and it seemed like and ad to me. Perhaps there should be a section on this site where people can refer to for services. One of the biggest problems I've had in the Villages is finding someone to recommend a good painter etc. I'm still looking for an electrician. One Sunday our electricity went out in half the house and the only company I found in the phone book who would come out on a Sunday charged $69 for showing up and $299 to find out what the problem was. So, $500 later the problem was solved. A light in the closet wasn't grounded and continually tripped the "fuse" in the box. The reason for the high bill was I decided to have him fix the lamp post in the front yard that never went "out" as the "eye" needed to be replaced. Wanted to get everything done on one service call.

I realize you need to make money, but there has to be a way we can promote the "little guy" like the painter I did find who wouldn't be able to afford to advertise anywhere. I hired a decorator to give me names of reputable people she'd recommend to do all the things in the house I wanted to get done without getting ripped off (like attic stairs in the garage........one guy wanted $300 to do the job plus the cost of the stairs. I got it done for $185 including the stairs through the decorator).

If putting a web site address as you do is OK to do, where do we draw the line. I have a site I would like to recommend to help our readers and I have no connection with them. Another "little guy" trying to make a good living without ripping people off. When I did make this recommendation, you removed it from the forum and sent me an e-mail saying I could pay to advertise. All I was trying to do was give out some helpful advice.

What about the woman soliciting people for jewelry parties in yesterdays forum............ ???

Old 08-23-2007, 06:57 AM

>Hey...sorry to offend you or anybody for that matter. I called The Savannah Center and spoke to a young lady who suggested I just throw out the home shows in the forum...............I use to work in the villages and loved being there and mostly loved the people, thought I would like to get back to that area to do home shows..........again sorry. I will take my name and email out of the forum! Have a great day!!!! Best wishes!!!
Old 08-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracadabra
How are you connected to the web address at the bottom of your page? I checked it out and it seemed like and ad to me. Perhaps there should be a section on this site where people can refer to for services. One of the biggest problems I've had in the Villages is finding someone to recommend a good painter etc. I'm still looking for an electrician. One Sunday our electricity went out in half the house and the only company I found in the phone book who would come out on a Sunday charged $69 for showing up and $299 to find out what the problem was. So, $500 later the problem was solved. A light in the closet wasn't grounded and continually tripped the "fuse" in the box. The reason for the high bill was I decided to have him fix the lamp post in the front yard that never went "out" as the "eye" needed to be replaced. Wanted to get everything done on one service call.

I realize you need to make money, but there has to be a way we can promote the "little guy" like the painter I did find who wouldn't be able to afford to advertise anywhere. I hired a decorator to give me names of reputable people she'd recommend to do all the things in the house I wanted to get done without getting ripped off (like attic stairs in the garage........one guy wanted $300 to do the job plus the cost of the stairs. I got it done for $185 including the stairs through the decorator).

If putting a web site address as you do is OK to do, where do we draw the line. I have a site I would like to recommend to help our readers and I have no connection with them. Another "little guy" trying to make a good living without ripping people off. When I did make this recommendation, you removed it from the forum and sent me an e-mail saying I could pay to advertise. All I was trying to do was give out some helpful advice.

What about the woman soliciting people for jewelry parties in yesterdays forum............ ???

The post from the lady with the jewlery home shows was removed. We have no objection to people posting a business web address under their personal signature (and leave it at that) We have no problem with people recommending or commenting about services. What we do have a problem with is posts by an individual who is in business for profit. The line is clear. We have never had any issue with anybody who makes recommendations to members for services. Do you think it is okay for somebody to, free of charge, post something like "hi, I'm so an so and I sell so and so, so if you want a so and so see me."

JLK
Old 08-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherryliasophia
>Hey...sorry to offend you or anybody for that matter. I called The Savannah Center and spoke to a young lady who suggested I just throw out the home shows in the forum...............I use to work in the villages and loved being there and mostly loved the people, thought I would like to get back to that area to do home shows..........again sorry. I will take my name and email out of the forum! Have a great day!!!! Best wishes!!!
We are pleased to have you as a member. There is no need to remove your name and address. Hang around and have a good time with the members. I'm sure some of them will eventually find out about your jewelry shows. I'm glad the Savannah Center recommend our site, however we are in no way associated with them or the Villages management.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.