Golf Club Labels

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2017, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I think the point of labelling your clubs is to facilitate their return by the 99.9% honest village golfers, not to prevent theft by an unscrupulous hacker. My driver has built in protection by way of its extra stiff shaft---good luck to the average golfer who tries to hit it
Exactly. I found an old putter on the street in front of my house one day. I posted it on here and notified the two golf courses in my area and never found the owner. A fifty cent label and that person would have their putter back.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
FYI, the shaft labels are $5.95 at all the Country Clubs and Sarasota Custom Club Shop....... just sayin'
That's good to know, thanks.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I think the point of labelling your clubs is to facilitate their return by the 99.9% honest village golfers, not to prevent theft by an unscrupulous hacker. My driver has built in protection by way of its extra stiff shaft---good luck to the average golfer who tries to hit it
What % of thieves that steal clubs actually know what to look for on a shaft to know what flex it is? Probably pretty low.

Point is, a thief sees a club that catches his/her eye is not worrying about whether it's ladies flex or tour stiff; it's gone. I really can't imagine them looking at your shaft and thinking "oh, that's tour stiff, not taking that club".
Old 05-12-2017, 04:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
What % of thieves that steal clubs actually know what to look for on a shaft to know what flex it is? Probably pretty low.

Point is, a thief sees a club that catches his/her eye is not worrying about whether it's ladies flex or tour stiff; it's gone. I really can't imagine them looking at your shaft and thinking "oh, that's tour stiff, not taking that club".
I didn't think they would---I shouldn't have used the word "protection", "pay back" would have been a better term. If anyone steals it for their own personal use, they're in for quite a surprise.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:21 AM

I used the free address labels from the American Legion.
Oh wait, I guess they cost $25.
Closed Thread

Tags
labels, golf, address, label, clubs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.