Golf Fest 2008

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Veteran member
Default Golf Fest 2008

Joe and I drove over to Polo Field to see what was going on in the Golf Fest. Can you believe that they are charging $10 just for admission????? That and the fact that 4,500 visited yesterday; probably 2500 today and the vendors paying for space there must have resulted in a take of $100k for the developers.

Is there anything that doesn't have a Villages fee attached anymore????? :edit:
Old 01-27-2008, 12:46 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Golf Fest 2008

Bought my ticket for 8.00 at a pro shop. included sleeve of balls and free club regripping at the golf fest. Actually got my money back. Well worth the price considering all the demos and shows and vendors. Doubt villages made all the money considering the vendors, pros and celebrities that were there fran.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:59 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to RCT

Since when is making money a bad thing? With all the things that are included in amenities, I think for big things like this, with celebrity players there and such. This wasn't a tax, something that was mandatory. It was an elective activity. and, as was answered, with the freebies, was a good deal
Old 01-27-2008, 04:04 AM

I understand what you are saying but If you think about it what can you do for less than $10.00 in todays world.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I bet I hit 500 golf balls using the latest equipment that is available , also golf tips from the pro's about driving . irons shots and putting including trying about 15 or 18 of the newest putters on the market....Had a real fun day and didn't have to drive to orlando or tampa to get this kind of information .......AND IT ONLY COST ME $8.00 BUCKS..What a deal......
The reason it was here again this year is because it was such a smash hit last year.......They should have charged $20.00 for what we recieved.......Can't wait till next year.........
Keeping my elbow in Fumar
Old 01-27-2008, 08:25 AM

We can't wait to pay our $8 or $10 to go to the Golfest instead of just read about it. The pictures and articles in the last 2 years just seem incredible. Fumar, glad you had a great time. Hope to be there next year.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:41 PM

I want the developter to continue to make lots of money. Thanks Mr Swartz (May he rest in peace) and family for making this such a lovely place to live. I too doubt that the developer made a bundle. The people there to entertain were great and I am sure did not come free.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Eternal Member

The Golfest is not a Villages program. It is put on by Golfweek Magazine at 4 or 5 venues a year. Undoubtedly TV makes something (a lot) from it, but the $10.00 price is consistant with their prices elsewhere. I expect the big profit maker from the show is Golfweek, and they need it to make up for the bad press from the noose snafu.
::
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 01-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Location: Village of Marsh Bend, The Villages, FL; Oakland, CA; Boston, MA.

Definitely looking forward to being able to attend Golfest!!!

From what I read about Golfest, it sounds awesome! We do have Golf Expo here in Boston which is great in the middle of the winter but it's still cold, still inside and not TV lol
Old 01-28-2008, 08:04 PM

Sorry, but it costs money to put on events like Golf Fest; I consider myself fortunate to live somewhere where events like Golf Fest, the shows at the Savannah Center (Opera, Broadway, and other types of entertainment) and other entertainment opportunities are made available for the residents of The Villages of The Villages to enjoy at a reasonable cost.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Sage

Fran - I sometimes see your point but in this case it looks like NO ONE is taking your side. With a free sleeve of balls and a re-grip it is almost free anyway. From the way that Fumar describes it I can't wait to try it out. After all this is America and we were built on the free market system. If you don't want to shell out the $8 then don't but it looks like a great time for all golfers.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.