Cover tunes vs. original music

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Default Cover tunes vs. original music

Maybe I've been here too long (13 years), but I would love to hear an original band play original tunes. I've heard Mustang Sally, Margaritaville and It's Electric more than I ever wanted to. Does anyone else feel that way? Last year, I went to a small house show at the Lady Lake Library featuring folk/rock performer Bill Mallonee and it was so refreshing! Admission was $10. Would you support something like that? Or are you content will endless sets crammed with well-worn tunes like Twist and Shout and In The Midnight Hour?
Old 01-22-2008, 03:15 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: Cover tunes vs. original music

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNreporter
Maybe I've been here too long (13 years), but I would love to hear an original band play original tunes. I've heard Mustang Sally, Margaritaville and It's Electric more than I ever wanted to. Does anyone else feel that way? Last year, I went to a small house show at the Lady Lake Library featuring folk/rock performer Bill Mallonee and it was so refreshing! Admission was $10. Would you support something like that? Or are you content will endless sets crammed with well-worn tunes like Twist and Shout and In The Midnight Hour?
Believe some of the artists playing in TV have their own songs and the like. Norman Lee comes to mind. He seems to be a Gospel artist when he is not playing the usual stuff you hear at Katie Belle's and on one or the other of the town squares. Google Norman Lee.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Here's a vote for more originality. I like what is played but would love more diversity -- some blues, some newer jazz, even some contemporary. I've always loved when a performer does some of his/her/their own work. Who knows, you might be hearing the next Beyonce or Springsteen.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Gold member

So glad this subject was posted. I love the old tunes we grew up with but .....
Diversity would be great, a little jazz, a little folk, some contemporary music, show tunes....
I vote for a mix of music.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Gold member

Oh, please no Rap or Hip Hop. That's not music. IMHO!!!!
Can you just imagine the retirees in forty or so years, jivin and rappin around Lake Sumter Landing and Spanish Springs. What a picture!!!! :yikes: :yikes:

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.