How many people watch the Academy Awards (Oscars)

View Poll Results: Was wondering how many TOTV's watch the Oscars?
Watch them from beginning to end live or on tape. 3 33.33%
Channel surf but watch fairly steadily 1 11.11%
Only watch at end of AA 1 11.11%
Do not watch Oscars 3 33.33%
Uh oh hot dog. What's an Oscar? 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 01-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Taltarzac
Default How many people watch the Academy Awards (Oscars)

This seems like an interesting question in light of the writers' strike potentially preventing the Oscars on February 24, 2008 from going as usual.

I often tape the Academy Awards and watch them some other time.

First time I believe that they will be on my birthday of February 24 if that actually happens.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Taltarzac
Default Re: How many people watch the Academy Awards (Oscars)

Quote:
Originally Posted by English
I don't watch them anymore. I used to years ago but that was just to see what the ladies were wearing. When celebrities got into telling me how to vote, I lost interest. I mean really !!!!
I would hope that the celebrities pitching various candidates for President and other offices know that people would do their own research about candidate positions and the like.

I would like to see celebrities hawking Project Vote Smart http://www.vote-smart.org/ rather than voting for Hillary, Obama, Edwards, McCain, Thompson, or whomever.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

I usually tune in to see the designer gowns and jewelry..

Although there really isn't much material on the gowns of today..

It is amazing, the money that is spent on clothes..

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 01-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac
This seems like an interesting question in light of the writers' strike potentially preventing the Oscars on February 24, 2008 from going as usual.
OMG, no oscar night on TV? What will I do???? Watch a repeat of "Law and Order" ?? Probably.

At one time, this was serious business and stood for excellence. Today, just a popularity contest. Agree with Tal back in the 70's, actresses were hawking us to register to vote, not who to vote for. Like I would listen to a movie star or a comedian anyway. Do they think we're stupid?

Kathie :redface:

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 01-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI
OMG, no oscar night on TV? What will I do???? Watch a repeat of "Law and Order" ?? Probably.

At one time, this was serious business and stood for excellence. Today, just a popularity contest. Agree with Tal back in the 70's, actresses were hawking us to register to vote, not who to vote for. Like I would listen to a movie star or a comedian anyway. Do they think we're stupid?

Kathie :redface:

There are some celebrities I would listen to about who to vote for but they are by in large not actors and actresses. There are some extremely bright celebrities though. California did elect Arnold S., as governor. Did not Minnesota have a wrestler for a Governor (Jesse Ventura) while the MN public education system is supposed to be quite good? Then there is Ronald Reagan was has had his hand in politics at all levels even well after his death. I just see the Bushes pretty much as being students of his politics. And, often not that good ones at that.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.