Guardianship exploitation of the elderly

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2019, 06:48 PM
Default Guardianship exploitation of the elderly

My mother was exploited by a granddaughter who filed a guardianship claim six months prior to her death. My mother had done her estate planning very carefully selecting the most responsible children that she trusted to be her Trustees, Executors and Power of Attorneys. With this frivolous guardianship law suit every plan she made was put on hold by the court. Attorneys were assigned to her and required to be paid from her estate. Her children who were her Trustees, etc. were forced to seek protection and pay out of pocket for legal expenses. Has anyone else been victimized by this abusive guardianship process? My family would like to hear from you. There is also an organization AAAPG (Americans Against Abusive Probate Guardianship) that would also be interested in your story. Please contact us at this link to share your story. This issue is becoming more common and can completely destroy your estate and elder care planning. We need to ban together to show our legislators that this probate guardianship system is corrupt and exploiting the aging who are helpless and can not defend themselves. Please respond. We need to hear from you.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,119 Times in 2,237 Posts

OP, you posted a similar but much shorter version on chit chat lounge, I still think you need to contact Seniors against crime 352-689-4600, ask for SAG extension 4606, this is a division of the Florida attorney general. While I feel your pain, I am not sure there is anything you can do to stop what appears to be a frivolous suit, these seem to occur everyday in the news. I am sorry this has happened, and when all of this is settled, I am sure the granddaughter will be very sorry that she has burned so many bridges.

Tags
guardianship, estate, mother, trustees, abusive

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.