Guy who shot Markeis McGlockton charged with Manslaughter.

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2018, 11:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts
Default Guy who shot Markeis McGlockton charged with Manslaughter.

Man who shot father in Florida '''stand your ground''' killing charged with manslaughter

This is an interesting development in the case where the shoved guy shot the guy who had pushed him over after an argument developed between the girlfriend and the shoved person about a handicapped parking space.

White man charged with fatally shooting black man in Florida - The Garden Island
Old 08-13-2018, 12:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

This not a surprise.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:06 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Well, more shall soon be revealed...

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-13-2018, 12:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Man who shot father in Florida '''stand your ground''' killing charged with manslaughter

This is an interesting development in the case where the shoved guy shot the guy who had pushed him over after an argument developed between the girlfriend and the shoved person about a handicapped parking space.

White man charged with fatally shooting black man in Florida - The Garden Island
I'm a believer in the SYG law, but I agree, in this case, it did not apply. I'm sure at trial he will be found guilty.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 08-13-2018, 12:38 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Thanks for the update.

Will be interesting & expensive.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Glad to see it.
Quote:

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2018, 02:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-13-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,708 Times in 5,240 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
My opinion

If I had been shoved to the ground for any reason, I would call the police, being sure I could identify the car.
If you saw the video, the guy may not have been alive to call the police. I wonder why someone would carry a legal concealed weapon if they cannot legally use it for self defense. Some have said that the shover was backing away. I didn't see it that way. I saw him back away only when he saw the gun.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:

Now let's wait and see if justice is actually served and the ammosexual that had been looking for a reason to shoot/kill someone for a while...gets what he deserves.
Old 08-13-2018, 03:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,922 Times in 2,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
If you saw the video, the guy may not have been alive to call the police. I wonder why someone would carry a legal concealed weapon if they cannot legally use it for self defense. Some have said that the shover was backing away. I didn't see it that way. I saw him back away only when he saw the gun.

I watched the video several times IMO it appears to me that the pusher backed up when he seen the gun come out in an "O" Shyt moment with only second or two before he was shot. But, I believe he had time not to pull the trigger. Which IMO will get him charged.

I also IMO he didn't have push the guy so hard he landed several feet to payment.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:01 PM
Sage

It will be interesting to see what facts and arguments come out during the trial which may be warranted or which may rather be a politically motivated decision by the powers that be. After all, the sheriff released the shooter; the dead man is the one with a rap sheet. In any event, the taxpayers will be forking over many dollars before the trial is over and for the appeal if the defendant is found guilty. Stay tuned!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-13-2018, 05:14 PM
Sage

I have to feel sorry for the shooter charged with manslaughter. If he has any money, the defense attorney will take it all. And, even if he gets acquitted, his life will never be the same, and he may be in danger. I hope the prosecutor considered this in the decision to charge him, and that it was not a political decision.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:50 PM
Location: New Hampshire, now Heathrow on Lake Deaton Preserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
So if you saw him backing away "only when he saw the gun," then you saw him BACK AWAY. There goes the self-defense argument. Why shoot to kill when the threat is leaving/ backing away?
Old 08-13-2018, 05:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikearoni View Post
So if you saw him backing away "only when he saw the gun," then you saw him BACK AWAY. There goes the self-defense argument. Why shoot to kill when the threat is leaving/ backing away?
You are talking about one second. No one will ever know what would have happened next, if he had not fired the gun. Also, he may not have seen him back away.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikearoni View Post
The guy could have been going to the truck for a tire iron to beat up or a gun to shoot the man he had brutally shoved to the ground. The dead man had a history of criminal violence as shown on his rap sheet.

Closed Thread

Tags
guy, shot, shoved, developed, argument

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.