Guy who shot Markeis McGlockton charged with Manslaughter.

Closed Thread
Old 08-15-2018, 09:28 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
Because, like OJ Simpson, the jury got it wrong.
Zimmerman has been arrested several times since then. He is a murderer who was set free in error.
Travon Martin was walking home with candy and a soft drink he had just bought at a convenience store.
He was an innocent black teen in a hoody.

Trayvon Martin was a thug who attacked George Zimmerman. His candy and soft drink combination was a drug concoction leading to aggressive behavior. duh!

Among its reports, Trayvon Martin’s drug use, explaining how the Skittles and Arizona Watermelon Fruit Juice Cocktail drink he carried that night are ingredients that, when mixed with dextromethorphan (DXM) cough syrup, create “Lean”, a concocted high which can cause psychosis and aggression over the longer term. According to the autopsy report, Martin’s liver showed damage consistent with DXM abuse.
Read more at It wasn’t just Skittles Trayvon was carrying

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-15-2018, 09:36 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I'm not sure who the victim was.

But I just read something in a book that struck home... "Some people are like that... if there's not a war, they will start one."

It probably applies to both of these people. On the edge of anger, ready to fight.

I feel for the child.
Which one? The pusher with a rap sheet of criminal battery had, in the truck, three b*****d children by the woman who parked illegally in a handicapped zone.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-15-2018, 09:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
Because, like OJ Simpson, the jury got it wrong.
Zimmerman has been arrested several times since then. He is a murderer who was set free in error.
Travon Martin was walking home with candy and a soft drink he had just bought at a convenience store.
He was an innocent black teen in a hoody.
I disagree with this post. On what basis is the claim that Zimmerman being set free was in error? Was all of the evidence reviewed before making this claim or is the basis of the post generated solely from media reports? Are we to believe everything in the media when the integrity of the media is in question? Is there an awareness that the media published photos of Martin that were years younger than he was at the time of the incident? Is there an awareness that the case was NOT brought to a grand jury for review as is the normal process, but was sent directly to trial by the attorney general even though the prosecutor and the investigators had found that the basis of self defense by Zimmerman was met? Why was the grand jury not allowed to review the case?

Is there an awareness that Martin had mounted Zimmerman on the ground and that Zimmerman's head was pounded against the ground (his blood on the concrete and the abrasions on the back of his head being evidence of the attack) and that Martin was reaching for Zimmerman's gun? Is there an awareness that when the detectives who conducted the interview of Zimmerman, lied and told him that they had a video of the entire engagement, and that his response to them was "thank God"?

Perhaps when all of the evidence was reviewed, independent of what the media chose to report, that was why Zimmerman was found not guilty AT TRIAL of murder?
Old 08-15-2018, 10:51 PM

You are entitled to your own thoughts on the Martin matter, but you obviously don't understand the law as written and intended! Martin attacked Zimmerman and paid the ultimate price.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagjr1 View Post
You are entitled to your own thoughts on the Martin matter, but you obviously don't understand the law as written and intended! Martin attacked Zimmerman and paid the ultimate price.
I see you have arrived at the simple truth. Thank You. Should we rejoice that another human died in violence, No. But if someone opens the door than what happens is a consequence of their actions. You apply the law, not legislate it. In all these cases the result was initiated by the action of the aggressor. Lesson to be learned is this, keep your hands to yourself, don't try to enforce laws that someone else is ignoring, and always treat people with respect, even if you'd like to choke the life out of them.
Old 08-18-2018, 01:52 PM
Gold member

The victim had a few things on his rap sheet...all over 7 years old. The shooter has a history of threatening to kill people, showing his gun and using racial slurs. I pray he goes to jail for a long, long time. I know if my husband came out of a store and found a man harassing me he would do what he had to do to keep me safe...and there were children in the car.
Old 08-18-2018, 01:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
The victim had a few things on his rap sheet...all over 7 years old. The shooter has a history of threatening to kill people, showing his gun and using racial slurs. I pray he goes to jail for a long, long time. I know if my husband came out of a store and found a man harassing me he would do what he had to do to keep me safe...and there were children in the car.
I 100% agree with you!
Old 08-18-2018, 01:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Crocker View Post
I just read something in a Fredrik Backman book, Us Against You: A Novel (Beartown) that fits this bill: "Some people are like that. If there's not a war, they will start one."
Old 08-19-2018, 05:12 PM

Hey , if a guy shoves you , you have the right to kill him ?
Old 08-19-2018, 05:34 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmiata View Post
Hey , if a guy shoves you , you have the right to kill him ?
People die from being shoved all the time, they fall, hit their head on a curb or pavement, and boom they are dead. Don't shove people, they may be armed and shoot you.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Shooter still in jail. Bond reduction denied.

Shooter in stand your ground case in Clearwater denied bond reduction

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2018, 10:56 AM
Veteran member

I hope those of you who do exercise CCW now see the reason you also must have the Insurance. Right or Wrong you could be charged. Now it plays out in the courts. Do not see how they will seat an impartial jury. My best guess is the Judge throws it out on Stand Your Ground. Remember just because you get past the Criminal proceedings then comes the Civil. Be smart, get the insurance protect yourself.
Closed Thread

Tags
guy, shot, shoved, developed, argument

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.