Airport connections

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Platinum member
Default Airport connections

Dose anyone know a firm that transports families to and from the airport. Our son and daughter-in-law have three small children, 2 1/2 and twins 9 months. I'm trying to get them to and from the airport with proper car seats. Any idean would be helpful. Our car only holds five
Old 05-30-2012, 09:10 PM
Sage
Default Villages Airport Shuttle

Try The Villages Airport Shuttle. You can look it up on Google and it gives you their schedule and phone number. My husband and I used it to get here from Orlando Airport and it was very comfortable and on time. You must be there on time because they don't wait. If they say 6:30, they mean it or you will have to wait maybe an hour for the next one. My daughter, who will be 7 months pregnant, is coming in the end of July and she is using the service as well. I would call to make sure they can accommodate the car seats.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Dose anyone know a firm that transports families to and from the airport. Our son and daughter-in-law have three small children, 2 1/2 and twins 9 months. I'm trying to get them to and from the airport with proper car seats. Any idean would be helpful. Our car only holds five
You may also want to try The Villages Airport Van. 352-241-2000

Adults $35.00
Children 2-12 $20.00
Babies Free

Unlike The Villages Shuttle, the Van offers 24 hour service, and they will pick up and deliver at your home. The Villages Airport Van doesn't run on a set schedule like the Villages Shuttle. (The Villages Shuttle departs and arrives at the Shuttle Stations at LSL and SS).

With The Villages Airport Van, you will probably experience some delays as they do sometimes wait for other passengers with reservations to arrive. And they may be stopping to drop off people.

Both services are good. My husband used to commute back and forth to The Villages and often arrived after midnight, and it was great to have him delivered to the front door. Thus we've had more experience with The Villages Airport Van. But we enjoy picking up guests at LSL in our golf cart when they arrive on the Shuttle.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:43 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
You may also want to try The Villages Airport Van. 352-241-2000

Adults $35.00
Children 2-12 $20.00
Babies Free

Unlike The Villages Shuttle, the Van offers 24 hour service, and they will pick up and deliver at your home. The Villages Airport Van doesn't run on a set schedule like the Villages Shuttle. (The Villages Shuttle departs and arrives at the Shuttle Stations at LSL and SS).

With The Villages Airport Van, you will probably experience some delays as they do sometimes wait for other passengers with reservations to arrive. And they may be stopping to drop off people.

Both services are good. My husband used to commute back and forth to The Villages and often arrived after midnight, and it was great to have him delivered to the front door. Thus we've had more experience with The Villages Airport Van. But we enjoy picking up guests at LSL in our golf cart when they arrive on the Shuttle.

Do they pick up & deliver people to Sanford Airport?
Old 06-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Platinum member

We tried A-1 shuttle service to the airport and back this time, and were very pleased with the service. They pick you up at your house, and when you return they meet you at the bottom of the escalator at the airport (with a sign with your name on it), and they help you with your luggage at baggage claim. You and your family are the only people in the van.

They charge $85 each way for ONE to FOUR people. I don't know about the extra fifth person, but you could call them at 352-728-1411 and ask if they can accommodate your family. The van certainly seemed large enough for 2 adults and 3 children in car seats -- as long as they don't have too much luggage (as the 3 of us did), and they have to lower the back of one of the back seats.

Another option might be for you to rent a van for the trip and pick them up yourself?

Trying to be helpful,
Judy
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 06-07-2012, 11:29 PM
Gold member

Thanks for the information on A-1 Shuttle. I will have to check them out the next time I go to The Villages.

I have used the Airport Shuttle and was very pleased with them. Although, it looks like the taxi to LSL could be a problem in the future. We always seem to get early morning flights and the last time the taxi picked us up at 4:30 AM to take us to LSL.

When we went to TV for the Design Team Meeting, we rented a car at the airport from Hertz and was able to return it at SS. There weren't any extra charges for dropping the car off at a different location. Hertz had one of their drivers take us to the villa we were renting when we returned the car at SS. Hertz didn't charge to take the two of us to the villa and if I remember right, the driver wouldn't even take a tip. Enterprise would have been more convenient as it is at LSL but they weren't open the day we flew in -- a Sunday!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Platinum member

Sable, thanks for the infomation on Hertz. I'll check them out. Didn't know that Enterprise at the airport wasn't open on Sunday.
Bossier City, Louisiana
The Villages, Florida
Old 06-08-2012, 12:15 AM
Gold member

UuJudy,

Enterprise was open at the airport on Sunday but, they weren't open at TV.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:52 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMMYS3ANGLS View Post
yes The Villages shuttle will go to Sanford call 352-259-9398
Thank You but I believe you meant the Villages Airport Van not the shuttle.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Dog View Post
Thank You but I believe you meant the Villages Airport Van not the shuttle.
The two names are so close, they are confusing.

The Villages Shuttle Service (owned by The Villages) runs from the airport to/from the Shuttle Stations at SS and LSL, and runs on a set schedule.

The Villages Airport Van (privately owned) runs from the airport to/from your house and operates 24 hours a day. And I'm sure they would also service Sanford Airport.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
UuJudy,

Enterprise was open at the airport on Sunday but, they weren't open at TV.
OK. Thanks. You could rent the car, but you couldn't return the car. lol
Bossier City, Louisiana
The Villages, Florida
Old 04-01-2013, 10:44 AM

We are flying into Sanford airport on April 3. Is there a shuttle service to the villages?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.