Happy "GUARDIAN" day Sunday!

Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2021, 01:37 PM

In the eighties I would get criticized for using spouse, but I believe it is accepted in the 21st century.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:40 PM

Is my biological guardian considered a non value.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I understand what you are trying to say. Except perhaps the part above in Fuchsia. Dean was saying it like he thinks it. His opinion is just as good as yours or theirs or its.

"This world we live in now, is a lot different from when your grandparents were kids", Except.....Look down the front of your drawers. Pretty close to your grandmother? Now look down the front of your man-partner's drawers. Pretty close to your grandfather?

A lot of the "New speak" is Bovine Excrement, in MY opinion.
I never looked down my grandfather's drawers. Seems like a really sick and perverted suggestion. However, whatever "equipment" he may or may not have had, I referred to him as a he, and as papa. If he ever wanted me to refer to him as her and bubbie, I would have respected my elder's request.
Old 05-08-2021, 01:58 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,759 Times in 757 Posts
Default Great Reply.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I understand what you are trying to say. Except perhaps the part above in Fuchsia. Dean was saying it like he thinks it. His opinion is just as good as yours or theirs or its.

"This world we live in now, is a lot different from when your grandparents were kids", Except.....Look down the front of your drawers. Pretty close to your grandmother? Now look down the front of your man-partner's drawers. Pretty close to your grandfather?

A lot of the "New speak" is Bovine Excrement, in MY opinion.
But, unless you know the writer personally, you're suggestion to "look down your drawers...etc" may not be what is still the norm, the average... LOL ! In all seriousness, isn't it sad and strange how many self righteous people get on here just to "straighten others out in their thinking" ? What is it with people ? If one feels "right" and "at peace" with their own beliefs and opinions on things, why try to display their "superior" knowledge on some "friendly home town help board" ? And I DO remember when this started and it was just filled with folks helping each other, saying kind things, offering to help with this or that.... it's come a "long way baby" I guess ! Oh well.
Old 05-08-2021, 02:07 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
OBB - time to untwist YOUR knickers. My #1 post WAS NEWS. If you checked the sources, you may have seen that. Directly from the two publications I linked below the lines. NOTHING there was FROM ME. I made no comments. However I will make one here - "INCLUSION" is confusing, intimidating, and IMO an attempt to change our CULTURE. I'm stating this with my knickers on straight. Call me old-fashoined...IF that a term that still should be used...

BTW - there are MANY sources with news/facts re this topic. IMO, Politically Correct is becoming out of hand.

Good for you, but sometimes I think it's not worth all the typing and posting to remind some people (who seem to not be able to read, or fly over print so fast to find only what they want to see (as you pointed out, YOU said nothing, you "referenced" an article, but then, some don't even understand what that means. Just skip over it and look for people who write kind things, innocent and sincere questions, need suggestions for things to do with their homes, etc. you know.... people who appear to have no pent up personality or anger problems, no bitterness or regrets, you can almost tell from the way they write how they feel about life, friends, their community, what they have and what they have accomplished, and those who seem to always have something to prove or display.
Old 05-08-2021, 02:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Once the camels nose is under the tent, well....
You can say that again in CAPS ! Trouble is, just look around at the numbers of people who really can't discern and have no idea how to "research" accept on one of the TV net works, on Yahoo, Twitter, or what is said on FB ! Most of the camel is inside the tent now have you noticed....
Old 05-08-2021, 03:23 PM

I work in a high school and in my social studies class, the other teacher(youngish fellow) said to me " your motherly instincts" while I was helping a student. He quickly apologized and said "I should have not said that". I said "WHY NOT" I am very proud of being a mother. That is who I am! And how ridiculous that you feel the need to apologize for saying what is true! I will NO WAY conform to the ludicrous, absurd woke culture. How about , I'M OFFENDED NOT TO BE CALLED MOM, HER OR SHE!!!
Old 05-11-2021, 03:08 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

I am coming to the opinion that the only way to break this "wokeness" is to require 2 years mandatory military service for all 18 year olds. Teach them reality before they get brainwashed in college.

Tags
words, happy, bans, guide, guardian

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.