Happy "GUARDIAN" day Sunday!

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2021, 09:09 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default Happy "GUARDIAN" day Sunday!

British University Guide for Academics Bans the Terms 'Mother' and 'Father'

Whatever it is, they got problems. How else do you explain a guide for academics who write under the university’s name, that bans the use of the words “mother” and “father”? They also banned the words “man” and “woman” although in a world of a million different genders, that’s not surprising. They are to be replaced by the words “individual” and “guardian.

and>

Woke $57k-a-year NYC school bans students from saying mom and dad, asking where classmates went on vacation and wishing ‘Merry Christmas' or 'Happy Holidays'

Grace Church School in NoHo, which costs $57k a year, has offered a 12-page guide for staff, students and parents on 'inclusive language'
'Mom', 'Dad' or 'parents' are outlawed for 'grown-ups, folks, family or guardian'
It urges them not to wish anyone a 'Merry Christmas' or even a 'Happy Holidays'
And asks for an end to questions on where a person went on vacation

Woke $57k Manhattan school bans kids from using terms mom and dad | Daily Mail Online

Guide for Academics Bans the Terms 'Mother' and 'Father' – PJ Media
Old 05-07-2021, 10:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

1. The terms "parent" and "guardian" are used in schools all over the UK and the USA. It was used for signing forms for classroom field trips back when I was a kid in the 1970's. It's used on all legal forms now - there's a line for the dentist's office if your child is getting dental work, where you give permission on your kid's behalf to get the work done. The line is for the parent or guardian. Maybe you should catch up with the reality that's been going on for decades and realize this isn't new, or breaking, or civilization-destroying, or noteworthy.

2. No one is banning anything, don't get your knickers in a twist. One PRIVATE school that is known for inclusion, is reinforcing their inclusionary methods by recommending replacement terms for terms that were rather exclusionary. Assuming that everyone has a mom and dad in the CURRENT world's atmosphere where sometimes you have two dads, or two moms, or just one dad and no mom, or one mom and no dad, or neither but instead your grandparents are your caretakers... is an exclusionary phrase that is assigned to every kid who has grown up feeling excluded because of it.

The whole they them their thing is weird to me, I don't like it, personally. But I appreciate that the school is trying to include gender-non-specific students rather than assign these kids pronouns that don't really fit.

It's not being mandated, it's not that the other terms are being banned. They're not being banned. The school is, instead, encouraging the use of replacement terms. There's no punishment for asking what dad does for a living.

The British University guide is doing the same thing. They're making recommendations. They are not banning anything at all.

They're saying, "this world we live in now, is a lot different from when your grandparents were kids. So we're asking everyone to try and keep up, and here's how."
Old 05-07-2021, 11:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
1. The terms "parent" and "guardian" are used in schools all over the UK and the USA. It was used for signing forms for classroom field trips back when I was a kid in the 1970's. It's used on all legal forms now - there's a line for the dentist's office if your child is getting dental work, where you give permission on your kid's behalf to get the work done. The line is for the parent or guardian. Maybe you should catch up with the reality that's been going on for decades and realize this isn't new, or breaking, or civilization-destroying, or noteworthy.

2. No one is banning anything, don't get your knickers in a twist. One PRIVATE school that is known for inclusion, is reinforcing their inclusionary methods by recommending replacement terms for terms that were rather exclusionary. Assuming that everyone has a mom and dad in the CURRENT world's atmosphere where sometimes you have two dads, or two moms, or just one dad and no mom, or one mom and no dad, or neither but instead your grandparents are your caretakers... is an exclusionary phrase that is assigned to every kid who has grown up feeling excluded because of it.

The whole they them their thing is weird to me, I don't like it, personally. But I appreciate that the school is trying to include gender-non-specific students rather than assign these kids pronouns that don't really fit.

It's not being mandated, it's not that the other terms are being banned. They're not being banned. The school is, instead, encouraging the use of replacement terms. There's no punishment for asking what dad does for a living.

The British University guide is doing the same thing. They're making recommendations. They are not banning anything at all.

They're saying, "this world we live in now, is a lot different from when your grandparents were kids. So we're asking everyone to try and keep up, and here's how."
I understand what you are trying to say. Except perhaps the part above in Fuchsia. Dean was saying it like he thinks it. His opinion is just as good as yours or theirs or its.

"This world we live in now, is a lot different from when your grandparents were kids", Except.....Look down the front of your drawers. Pretty close to your grandmother? Now look down the front of your man-partner's drawers. Pretty close to your grandfather?

A lot of the "New speak" is Bovine Excrement, in MY opinion.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:54 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:

OBB - time to untwist YOUR knickers. My #1 post WAS NEWS. If you checked the sources, you may have seen that. Directly from the two publications I linked below the lines. NOTHING there was FROM ME. I made no comments. However I will make one here - "INCLUSION" is confusing, intimidating, and IMO an attempt to change our CULTURE. I'm stating this with my knickers on straight. Call me old-fashoined...IF that a term that still should be used...

BTW - there are MANY sources with news/facts re this topic. IMO, Politically Correct is becoming out of hand.
Old 05-07-2021, 04:29 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:

Once the camels nose is under the tent, well....
Old 05-07-2021, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Once the camels nose is under the tent, well....
then if you're smart, you'll realize you should've provided better shelter for the camel.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:38 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post

Whatever it is, they got problems. How else do you explain a guide for academics who write under the university’s name, that bans the use of the words “mother” and “father”? They also banned the words “man” and “woman” although in a world of a million different genders, that’s not surprising. They are to be replaced by the words “individual” and “guardian.

and>

Woke $57k-a-year NYC school bans students from saying mom and dad, asking where classmates went on vacation and wishing ‘Merry Christmas' or 'Happy Holidays'

Grace Church School in NoHo, which costs $57k a year, has offered a 12-page guide for staff, students and parents on 'inclusive language'
'Mom', 'Dad' or 'parents' are outlawed for 'grown-ups, folks, family or guardian'

Woke $57k Manhattan school bans kids from using terms mom and dad | Daily Mail Online

Guide for Academics Bans the Terms 'Mother' and 'Father' – PJ Media
I didnt read the whole article and dont intend to waste one second of my life doing that. Besides, im still laughing at this whole concept. Lol
Old 05-08-2021, 07:16 AM

Whatever, just ignore it. Happy MOTHER’S day to all you MOM’S! There, I said it.
Old 05-08-2021, 07:53 AM
Veteran member
Default Cancel culture

[QUOTE=DeanFL;1940777].

Whatever it is, they got problems. How else do you explain a guide for academics who write under the university’s name, that bans the use of the words “mother” and “father”? They also banned the words “man” and “woman” although in a world of a million different genders, that’s not surprising. They are to be replaced by the words “individual”

and>

Guide for Academics Bans the Terms 'Mother' and 'Father' – PJ Media[/QUOTE

Prime example of the cancel culture our ruling party is pushing down our throats, especially our children's. Soooooooooooo sad to see this great country dying before our eyes
Old 05-08-2021, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

If any of my family wish me a Happy Guardian's Day, they will see just what a Mutha IS.
Old 05-08-2021, 09:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I understand what you are trying to say. Except perhaps the part above in Fuchsia. Dean was saying it like he thinks it. His opinion is just as good as yours or theirs or its.

"This world we live in now, is a lot different from when your grandparents were kids", Except.....Look down the front of your drawers. Pretty close to your grandmother? Now look down the front of your man-partner's drawers. Pretty close to your grandfather?

Accommodation of "fragile crybaby diversity addicts" is destroying our culture.
Old 05-08-2021, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
If any of my family wish me a Happy Guardian's Day, they will see just what a Mutha IS.
Mutha must be a WOKE term because I don't know what it means. Mutt-ha is what, " a smile on a dog"?
Old 05-08-2021, 10:56 AM
Veteran member

FREEDOM OF SPEECH !!! Nobody is going to "ban" me from saying what I want. If they try to do so, they do it under their peril.
Many times in normal conversation, my wife will tell me that "you can't say that" !
Or she will tell me that "you can't say that in public". My reply is usually bull....

We can't listen to those idiots.....and if they persist in their BS, they need to be severely beaten.......how else can these numbnuts be taught?
Old 05-08-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:
... Except.....Look down the front of your drawers. Pretty close to your grandmother? Now look down the front of your man-partner's drawers. Pretty close to your grandfather?

Bravo, well said!
Old 05-08-2021, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,036 Times in 2,731 Posts

Fortunately my wife and I don’t have to worry about our daughter wishing us a happy guardians day. Despite the attempts of our countries twisted educational system, she refused to get brainwashed and has retained the values we taught her growing up : )
Closed Thread

Tags
words, happy, bans, guide, guardian

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.