Has anyone tried Sun Basket? (Meal Delivery Service)

Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2017, 11:28 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts
Default Has anyone tried Sun Basket? (Meal Delivery Service)

I keep looking at the various food delivery services -- Blue Apron, Hello Fresh, etc. but I have not tried any of them yet.

I have been reading about Sun Basket which I think is relatively new to the competition. It is somewhat more expensive and they have a delivery fee that is not ridiculously high -- but I wonder if they might need to come up with a work-around for that delivery fee -- considering customer psychology.

Among the weekly choices, they offer some that qualify as Paleo. I am not exactly sure what everything about Paleo means, but those choices are higher in protein and lower in carbs, which might help with weight control. They also offer vegan -- which I am not. Sun Basket seems to be taking an extra step in trying to address individual dietary choices. Maybe this is the one I have been waiting for.

Has anybody tried Sun Basket?

Last edited by Boomer; 10-14-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Paleo diet is extremely low in carbs and mostly protein. There is several cookbooks online that you can read to get an idea of ingredients in a recipe.
Does sun basket have all of the items listed and how long the prep is.
I have used blue apron and they usually offered free delivery or money off on the delivery.

Last edited by thelegges; 10-15-2017 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-15-2017, 06:27 PM
Sage

Be careful giving a credit card to these services. It is difficult to cancel once you start and they don't always answer the phone conveniently until after the deadline for that week's delivery. Might start out with a prepaid Visa just to be sure you like it. I had a really bad experience with one of the lesser known services. I personally like HelloFresh.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:00 AM
Sage

We've been using Blue Apron for about 3 months. Last week they forgot to send the broccoli for one meal. My wife called them and they gave us the meal for two free.

Their meals are usually very good and more on the fine dining side.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 10-21-2017, 08:11 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,204 Times in 740 Posts

I just learned that Sun Basket has a plan for two meals a week instead of three. I think that would work better for us. Do any of the other meal delivery services offer the option of just two meals?
Closed Thread

Tags
delivery, sun, basket, choices, fee

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.