Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2018, 10:27 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach
Default Has anyone used the movie ticket plan

Sinemia? Like / dislike, comments.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:05 AM
Veteran member

I was an avid user of MoviePass until they started limiting which shows you could see. It got to the point that there might be a single showing on a single screen at any of the theaters in The Villages.

I considered the AMC movie plan but as nice as the theater is in Leesberg, it's not a drive I feel like doing 4 or more times a month just to catch movies. And with tickets being just $5 during the day ($4 before noon), you have to go at least 4 or 5 times just to break even.

I looked into Sinemia and from the reviews I read on it, it just seems like WAY too much work to actually buy tickets. Maybe they'll streamline the process (and perhaps they already have), which might make it worthwhile. I'd certainly also be interested in hearing from any current users of the service.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Have it will not renew. To many changes since we signed up.
Old 11-24-2018, 03:09 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
I was an avid user of MoviePass until they started limiting which shows you could see. It got to the point that there might be a single showing on a single screen at any of the theaters in The Villages.

I considered the AMC movie plan but as nice as the theater is in Leesberg, it's not a drive I feel like doing 4 or more times a month just to catch movies. And with tickets being just $5 during the day ($4 before noon), you have to go at least 4 or 5 times just to break even.

I looked into Sinemia and from the reviews I read on it, it just seems like WAY too much work to actually buy tickets. Maybe they'll streamline the process (and perhaps they already have), which might make it worthwhile. I'd certainly also be interested in hearing from any current users of the service.
Yeah, the AMC plan would work very well here in Kansas City, but not when in TV.
Old 11-24-2018, 03:26 PM
Platinum member

This thread has made me wonder when I last went to a movie. It was when I took the grands to see Garfield in 2004 in Gulf Shores, AL. I got elected because I had tendonitis and couldn't golf with the guys and the gals all went shopping. I actually enjoyed it.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:08 AM

Made it only one month with Sinema.

Between signing up and waiting for the account to be activated, they went to a 'cardless' only system which required you to buy tickets through Atom Movie Service or another one that I don'recall the name. This incurred a per ticket processing fee which could be avoided if you connected through Facebook. Doesn't this sound fun jumping through Sinema, Facebook, and then Atom to complete the purchase.

Also because of this cardless process, you could only go to theaters that participated with these online movie purchase systems which limited you to the closest theater; AMC in Leesburg. At this point, it would be easier to just use the AMC plan (but won't).

Right after I quit, they resumed the ability to use a card which I assume is like MoviePass and maybe could be used at the Villages theaters, but who knows. Not worth the headache.

I think the great deal for us on these movie passes has lived its life. I have read that AMC's plan is struggling to survive.
Closed Thread

Tags
ticket, plan, sinemia, movie

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.