Has anyone visited Stone Creek in Ocala?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-28-2013, 06:05 AM
senior citizen senior citizen is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,813
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Has anyone visited Stone Creek in Ocala?

Retirement Communities in Ocala, FL | Morningside Lane Floor plan | Del Webb homes

I didn’t realize Stone Creek , north of The Villages, was a Del Webb community.

This was arrived at via an advertisement on TOTV this morning........

Has anyone visited Stone Creek in Ocala??? Is Ocala above Lake Weir or surrounding Lake Weir?

The price listed is the starting price for a three bedroom..........I believe a realtor contacted me last year (from this development).

Thanks in advance for any advice. Does anyone on TOTV actually live in Stone Creek?


http://www.delwebb.com/communities/fl/ocala/stone-creek/12357/index1.aspx

Keep going on this slide show of STONE CREEK , a Del Webb community in Ocala.........

Probably like TV was in its inception............not as crowded.
  #2  
Old 03-28-2013, 06:22 AM
chuckinca's Avatar
chuckinca chuckinca is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,906
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

It's southwest and maybe 10 miles from the downtown area of Ocala.

Lake Weir is southeast and about 20 miles from downtown Ocala.

6320 SW 89th Court Road Ocala FL, 34481


Del Webb Stone Creek | Active Adult Community Ocala FL | Del Webb homes


(Spruce Creek is a completed Del Webb community about 7 miles north of TV on 441/27)


.
__________________
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
  #3  
Old 03-28-2013, 06:37 AM
sgiamp1 sgiamp1 is offline
Member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 63
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Retirement Communities in Ocala, FL | Morningside Lane Floor plan | Del Webb homes

I didnt realize Stone Creek , north of The Villages, was a Del Webb community.

This was arrived at via an advertisement on TOTV this morning........

Has anyone visited Stone Creek in Ocala??? Is Ocala above Lake Weir or surrounding Lake Weir?

The price listed is the starting price for a three bedroom..........I believe a realtor contacted me last year (from this development).

Thanks in advance for any advice. Does anyone on TOTV actually live in Stone Creek?
We lived in Stone Creek for 3 years and moved to TV 18 months ago. Bottom line: If you like the lifestyle in TV, you won't like Stone Creek. It's a nice bedroom community but very isolated. There are a few recreational activities but NOTHING like we have here. Yes, the home prices are tempting but it's just not the same lifestyle.

We ended-up selling our Stone Creek home for quite a bit less than what we has in it but believe me, it was worth it. They have one pool, one rec center, one golf course etc. I suggest you visit and see for yourself though - it might be for you. There are about 950 homes and you'll have your choice of new or you can pick from the many resales. By the way, we have some friends living there that would love to sell you their beautiful 2400 sq. ft. home on a meadow. (It's a heck of a deal)

You're welcome to PM me if you'd like some first-hand information from someone who lived there - I'll be glad to help.
  #4  
Old 03-28-2013, 06:40 AM
Bill-n-Brillo's Avatar
Bill-n-Brillo Bill-n-Brillo is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Granville, OH.....and TV snowflakes!
Posts: 6,909
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

We looked at Stone Creek about 3 years ago as part of our process for considering where we might want to buy in FL. We felt it was a very well done development - nice homes, good value for the money. But as we found with many other places we considered, it offered less of the things we were looking for (lots of things to do on site, part of an infrastructure that would include shopping and so forth, etc.).

Bill
  #5  
Old 03-28-2013, 07:50 AM
senior citizen senior citizen is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,813
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=chuckinca;649807]It's southwest and maybe 10 miles from the downtown area of Ocala.

Lake Weir is southeast and about 20 miles from downtown Ocala.

6320 SW 89th Court Road Ocala FL, 34481


Del Webb Stone Creek | Active Adult Community Ocala FL | Del Webb homes


(Spruce Creek is a completed Del Webb community about 7 miles north of TV on 441/27)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Yup, did mapquest and you are correct. Stone Creek is further northwest of TV....saw it on the map....but a little closer to Crystal River on the Gulf Coast......with Cedar Key above that......

I think I was confusing it with Spruce Creek which is the one 7 miles northwest of TV. A realtor had contacted me from Spruce Creek.

Thankyou......
  #6  
Old 03-28-2013, 07:53 AM
senior citizen senior citizen is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,813
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiamp1 View Post
We lived in Stone Creek for 3 years and moved to TV 18 months ago. Bottom line: If you like the lifestyle in TV, you won't like Stone Creek. It's a nice bedroom community but very isolated. There are a few recreational activities but NOTHING like we have here. Yes, the home prices are tempting but it's just not the same lifestyle.

We ended-up selling our Stone Creek home for quite a bit less than what we has in it but believe me, it was worth it. They have one pool, one rec center, one golf course etc. I suggest you visit and see for yourself though - it might be for you. There are about 950 homes and you'll have your choice of new or you can pick from the many resales. By the way, we have some friends living there that would love to sell you their beautiful 2400 sq. ft. home on a meadow. (It's a heck of a deal)

You're welcome to PM me if you'd like some first-hand information from someone who lived there - I'll be glad to help.
No.....I "hear you" and understand.........it wouldn't be good to be too isolated as we age in place. It does seem to be kind of in the middle of nowhere.............appreciate your reply. Thanks...........
  #7  
Old 03-28-2013, 07:55 AM
senior citizen senior citizen is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,813
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
We looked at Stone Creek about 3 years ago as part of our process for considering where we might want to buy in FL. We felt it was a very well done development - nice homes, good value for the money. But as we found with many other places we considered, it offered less of the things we were looking for (lots of things to do on site, part of an infrastructure that would include shopping and so forth, etc.).

Bill
You obviously made a good choice........thanks for the feedback.
Appreciate it.
  #8  
Old 03-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Serenoa's Avatar
Serenoa Serenoa is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Present: Birmingham, AL. Future: The Villages
Posts: 520
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

We didn't go to Stone Creek, but on our way home from our LSV at TV we did try to look at the Top of The World retirement community which is right next to it. The shopping area before the residential entrance was like a ghost town at 10am in the morning, with many more vacant storefronts than occupied.....and we were turned away at the residential gate & told we would have to schedule an official tour if we wanted to see the community. I asked the wife if she wanted to try & see Stone Creek & she said no, get me out of here, this whole area is too isolated & creepy. Others may love it, but it didn't seem right for us....especially after what we had just experienced at TV.
__________________
"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
  #9  
Old 03-28-2013, 08:42 AM
senior citizen senior citizen is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,813
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoa View Post
We didn't go to Stone Creek, but on our way home from our LSV at TV we did try to look at the Top of The World retirement community which is right next to it. The shopping area before the residential entrance was like a ghost town at 10am in the morning, with many more vacant storefronts than occupied.....and we were turned away at the residential gate & told we would have to schedule an official tour if we wanted to see the community. I asked the wife if she wanted to try & see Stone Creek & she said no, get me out of here, this whole area is too isolated & creepy. Others may love it, but it didn't seem right for us....especially after what we had just experienced at TV.
Thanks for sharing that. I agree with regard to the isolation, etc.

Years ago, when the bottom felt out of the real estate market I looked at some in various parts of Florida........developements that had begun with much promise......and now looked like "ghost towns" with weeds on the empty lots....partially built recreation centers......abandoned golf courses, dirty look swimming pools.........most houses now in foreclosure or bank owned............I couldn't live like that.....I wouldn't care how beautiful the house was.

Definitely were some good buys on canals with docks for our boat, etc. going out to the Gulf of Mexico..........and gorgeous homes, but again, deserted neighborhoods.

The Villages is doing something right..........and it shows.
  #10  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Cantwaittoarrive Cantwaittoarrive is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 895
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
We looked at Stone Creek about 3 years ago as part of our process for considering where we might want to buy in FL. We felt it was a very well done development - nice homes, good value for the money. But as we found with many other places we considered, it offered less of the things we were looking for (lots of things to do on site, part of an infrastructure that would include shopping and so forth, etc.).

Bill
We also looked at Stone Creek and for us it amounted to a lifestyle choice. if you just want the climate of central Florida with a nice home at a very fair value and a little to do, then Stone Creek might be for you. If you don't mind paying a little more for your home but having access to the shopping, activities, golf courses and etc. Then TV might be for you.
  #11  
Old 03-28-2013, 02:41 PM
JohnN's Avatar
JohnN JohnN is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Village of St. James
Posts: 2,776
Thanks: 3
Thanked 344 Times in 130 Posts
Default

We visited Stone Creek, I like Del Webb. I didn't like Ocala.
Hard to get around once outside of the community, Highway 200 is awful.
TV has more and varied activities.
To each his/her own though.
__________________
Chicago, IL
Little Rock, AR
Alpharetta, GA
Searcy, AR
Village of St.James, The Villages, FL
  #12  
Old 03-28-2013, 07:47 PM
rjm1cc's Avatar
rjm1cc rjm1cc is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,985
Thanks: 56
Thanked 197 Times in 76 Posts
Default

I spent three days at Stone Creek. Very nice community. The life style would be different than TV and you have to drive a few miles to get from the community to rt 200 which has most of the stores and services you would need. Rt 200 is a plus to the community and has been growing. No need to go into Ocala if you do not want too. I would try their vacation getaway. The property was originally owned by On Top of The World. Facilities are older at on Top of the World but the location is better and you can get too two small shopping centers by golf carts. Maybe 2 or 3 miles by golf cart to any part of the property. I rejected Stone Creek due to my opinion of the builder. I would look at on Top of the World when you visit Stone Creek. It is similar to the Villages in that it started years ago (I think mid 80's) and will be building new homes for years to come so you should think of it as a large retirement community with lots of non retirement areas around it. I think the builder owned about 12,000 archers which will be built out.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.