Have you flown recently?

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2020, 06:22 AM

Some planes (not United or American) are not booking the 3rd seat, BUT it only takes one person on a flught to try to take a mask stance by removing it and ranting and raving about his constitutional rights, which has happened multiple times. Then you've been exposed to that person. They may or may not have the virus. Florida's numbers are soaring. We here don't want outsiders coming in and pitentially bringing the virus with them. Unless you've been tested the day of your flight and received negative results, please don't come here.
Old 07-22-2020, 06:27 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
Florida is the epicenter of the virus. Why would you fly or drive to Florida in the Fall?
Exactly
Old 07-22-2020, 06:27 AM

Cabin air on most planes is completely exchanged by being filtered and mixed with 50% clean outside air every 3-4 minutes.
Old 07-22-2020, 06:38 AM

I just flew home yesterday. I also flew 10 days ago. I would absolutely not be afraid to fly. Everyone wears masks. The air is recirculated and hepa filtered every two hours. The airlines really need the business. And I am living through this thing believing that hyper fear over everything about this virus is not the way to be. I try to live my life as normal as possible, but using wisdom and common sense.
Old 07-22-2020, 06:49 AM

I flew a couple weeks ago Allegiant Airlines Sanford to Appleton WI & return. Only thing different is wearing a mask in the airports & on the planes. Planes were packed, airports busy.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:13 AM

Flew Spirit plan was full. They required masks and made sure they were worn over mouth and nose. Plane was clean on boarding.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:17 AM

I flew 2 weeks ago from Maine on Southwest. Had to wear a mask. We were spaced apart, every other seat. Very easy and I felt very safe.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:17 AM

Southwest is keeping the middle seat clear. They change the cabin filter each flight for more safety. They have the safest protocol right now. The airports are a bit different since they do not require the masks to be worn. Stay your distance and wear a mask and you should be great and safe on your flight. Minimize the time your actually in the airports since a few non believers are there.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:18 AM

I just flew on Jet Blue Sunday. Plane was more than 1/2 empty. Everyone was required to wear a mask unless eating. Boarded back to front. Used restroom before boarding. I felt safe, my mask has a hepa filter.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:27 AM

All of Florida is not the epicenter south Florida is a problem
Old 07-22-2020, 07:38 AM

If your not flying until the fall what is going on now May be very different then agree months from now. Hopefully it will be even better than it is now. Make your reservations now and make sure you will get a refund if you cancel. Then check to see how things are a few weeks before you leave. More than likely it will be about the same and with what the airlines are doing now you will be fine,
Old 07-22-2020, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
Florida is the epicenter of the virus. Why would you fly or drive to Florida in the Fall?
Incorrect!!!
Miami is the focus in "the state of Florida".
That is exactly how the media prefers to create a more scary impression than actually exists.

Why would anyone dump the entire state because of one specific area?
Old 07-22-2020, 07:52 AM

The airport and planes were fine, flew to the West Coast, paid more for a direct flight. The problem was the drive back to the Villages on the airport shuttle. There was a man coughing and hacking away the entire trip home. We asked the driver to open windows to get fresh air circulation and he said NO. We asked this man to put on a mask, he said he couldn't cough with a mask on and said it was just a cold. He flew back from LA. We were all very uncomfortable. We self quarantined and both came down with a fever, cough, the runs, were totally exhausted and ached all over. Our dr. said to stay home unless things got worse. It took almost 3 weeks to feel OK again. My point here is, the plane and airport were fine, the ride from airport to the Villages was not. Rent a car at the airport for 1 day and drop it off the next day here in the Villages, it costs about the same or less and is much safer. We will do that next time.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:02 AM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default We flew and felt safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
We are debating flying versus driving to the Villages in the Fall. We would appreciate any feedback you can offer on what you experienced re: safety, social distancing, etc on both the aircraft and the airports you were in. At this time the news concerns us enough so we want to make a safe decision.
Wife and I flew Illinois to Sanford and back a few days later on Alllegiant. The airport wasn’t crowded and the airplanes were clean. Crew wore masks, as did most of the passengers - until seated. Separation was good because plane wasn’t full. Good to ask others because, if you’re getting your direction from “the news,” your misinformed. Only YOU can keep yourselves safe, and only you should decide what’s best for you.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:08 AM

We flew from Virginia on Spirit on back on JetBlue. No problem with either airline. Middle seats were empty except for a couple families. Masks mandatory. They boarded by rows allowing time between groups so no one was standing in the aisles. Airports were pretty empty. Security screening maintained social distancing as well. I would not hesitate to do it again.
Closed Thread

Tags
time, aircraft, airports, news, distancing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.