This headline..I just read is scaring the hell out of me.

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Not so stealth announcement = just one more move on the game board.

Otherwise it could be sent and nobody would know it was there.......right?

btk
Old 03-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Veteran member
Default north korea

Go see Olympus has fallen inSS or Brownwood
Old 03-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Veteran member

Saw it. That C130 would never make it into our air space.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
There is a reason for China being their only ally: Common thinking on wanting the same world-power nation (us) reduced to being impotent and controlled by them.
Or,and most likely, a war with N Korea is in their backyard. The N Koreans rattle our chains once or twice a year then the go back into their seclusion.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael Furniture In House Repair View Post
i wish n. korea would launch an offensive so we can oblilerate this crazy ******* once and for all. don`t mess with our air force!!
Crazy talk. Lets not hope for it.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llaran View Post
Go see Olympus has fallen inSS or Brownwood
It is a movie.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eremite06 View Post
Saw it. That C130 would never make it into our air space.
Of course not. It would have been shot down MILES before it ever got to DC airspace. That was just one of the flaws in the movie. One has to wonder how a C130 flew from N Korea to the US without refueling. Not to mention all the other countries air space which I am sure they would not have been able to get to the US. They also lead you to assume they flew in from the Atlantic which would not have been the direction they would have used but did for the movie. We all know the direct route would have been across the pacific and across the US to get to DC. It was a sadly flawed movie that you could pick apart all day long. However it was thrilling to watch.

It's a movie.

Last edited by Moderator; 03-29-2013 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Removed political reference
Old 03-29-2013, 06:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkei View Post
Of course not. It would have been shot down MILES before it ever got to DC airspace. That was just one of the flaws in the movie. One has to wonder how a C130 flew from N Korea to the US without refueling. Not to mention all the other countries air space which I am sure they would not have been able to get to the US. They also lead you to assume they flew in from the Atlantic which would not have been the direction they would have used but did for the movie. We all know the direct route would have been across the pacific and across the US to get to DC. It was a sadly flawed movie that you could pick apart all day long. However it was thrilling to watch.

It's a movie.
Thought it was a fun movie but quite stupid as far as the details are concerned.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Platinum member

Somebody should buy that little frustrated korean geek an Xbox and Call of Duty game!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:36 PM
Sage

North Korea just entered a "state of war" with South Korea. Here's why we should be worried.

Why You Should Be More Concerned About War With North Korea This Time | ThinkProgress

http://www.politico.com/politico44/2...th-160533.html
Old 03-29-2013, 07:36 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Actually the shortest way for the C130 to get here is directly over the North Pole, not across the Pacific.

However what is more scary then this rhetoric, is the same people who built NK nuclear missiles are now over in Iran building theirs. Wait until they both get them. And our plan to address this is to dismantle more of our missiles.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:46 PM
Eternal Member

Don't worry Gracie...Korea can kill Jimi Hendrix with cool as well as nukes:

Girl rocks a Hendrix song on a Korean instrument called the gayageum. [VIDEO]

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Old 03-29-2013, 08:06 PM

Unfortunately, North Korean, like most rogue states, isn't as simple as it appears on the surface. Certainly us attacking them would be exactly what the leadership wants.

The leaders of these countries, Iran, Libya, North Korean, etc. spout this rhetoric, not for other countries, but for their own domestic audiences. We all see Iran's Ahmadinejad as crazy. He is actually a very intelligent man who is great at what he does. His main goal is to continually convince his people that the US is a real and present danger. And every time we threaten them with sanctions the people are convinced we are, and it strengthens his position. He is much like the new Korean leader. Neither of them has the power to rule. In Iran it is pretty public. The Mullahs rule the country. Even if Ahmadinejad wanted to be a moderate, he couldn't. In fact he made some mild attempts in that direction a couple of years ago and was struck down hard.

In Korean it is not so public, the power is the cadre of old generals. In all of these countries the only thing to be gained is personal wealth and power for those at the top. In some cases, and it used to be in North Korean, their sabre rattling brought negotiated aid which they badly need, in return for them shutting up for a bit. But the aid runs out and off they go again. Since our foreign policy has gotten less friendly, there is no more aid so they do they only thing they seem to know and that is turn up the rhetoric.

Someone pointed out correctly that the only ulimate solution is China, but the last thing they want to do is have to is fight a bunch of power crazied generals and take care of millons of straving people. And Koreans and Chinese have not historically been the best of friends, despite the Korean war and since. It may yet happen that they step in, somehow. The last UN sanction was the first ever, I believe, where China voted for it rather than just passing so it could go forward.

I don't pretend to have a clue about how to deal with people like this. I do fell they are desperate. And that can lead to all kind of things. I don't think our stepped up threats really help. When we decided we needed to label these three countries the "Axis of Evil" it really worsen things and it hasn't improved other than Libya. And I guess you could claim a victory of sorts there.

I'm not too worried about Korean, because a single submarine or aircraft carrier could destroy the whole country, but at what cost. Their people only know what they are told. I think there is still only one TV channel in the north and all it does is tell them how holy and wonderful their leader is. And they are starving, by the hundreds of thousands. Their populance still things the war is going on with the south and the US is getting ready to invade any minute and the dear leader is the only thing stopping him.

Iran is truly the country to worry about. Unlike any of the other countries we've faced or chosen to challenge, they are nearly a world power. They have lots of oil, and populance that is for the most part behind their leader, an army that is well trained and well equipped, as opposed to the conscripts in Iraq. They believe in what they are doing. And here is a bit of heresy. If you were Iran and you were surrounded by nuclear powers like India and Pakastan who might decide to start lobbing nukes around in your area, or worse yet Israel who has bombs and are proven to have the will to use them if they feel it is necessary, wouldn't you feel like your were entitled to building your own nukes? That's not to mention all the former USSR nukes floating around in god knows whose hands near by. Don't misunderstand. I wish there were all disarmed, but none of those I named will be. And we cannot do it with all the sanctions in the world.

My solution is to pack up every Kardashian, every Real Housewife, all of the Swamp People and especially all of Honey Boo Boo's family and send them over to North Korea. In one generation they will have no teeth, be living on gator and be importing enough makeup to sink the country.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Sage

Last edited by senior citizen; 02-01-2014 at 09:05 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:02 PM

We have very superb people who know how to play xbox,playstation,wii.
I worked in a few underground military sites. Relax, piece of cake, be over in few seconds. OMG that was in the 70s, wonder what the heck they have now!!! ?? Superduper whopperplaystation30? Just gotta luv them satellites all over the skies.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.