Health Care Insurance Premium Decrease

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2015, 09:41 AM

Found this online :

Kaiser Permanente earns highest rating for quality of care - Sacramento Business Journal

Quality care at a lower price is a good model for the health care industry. I hope they are able to expand to help improve the nations healthcare or at least provide incentive for for other health providers to improve.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:54 PM

There is no secret about what is going on with the ACA. Some groups are paying more so others can pay less. My annual Medicare Advantage costs are up about $3,000 (includes both of us) from what they were when the ACA passed. I assume that money is going to somebody who "needs" it more than I do. Count me as one of the losers. The OP was one of the winners.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:23 PM

I think I am the big looser. Mine went form $6000 a year with a $750 per person deductible to $12000 a year with a 6000 dollar per person deductible. And I am retired.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:35 PM
Email Reported As Spam

ACA is raising costs restricting patient choice doctors freedom and putting bureaucrats in charge. you can point counter point all you want on individual plans, insurers etc. However there is a movement underway wherein many physicians are ditching the third party payer and establishing a practice that caters directly to patients and at lower rates.

They treat you, you pay and then submit your bill for reimbursement. I know what you are about to say and I also wonder how far this movement will advance. But medicare, medicaid and health insurance have placed such a heavy financial and administrative burden on doctors that something has to give I spoken before how my cardio doc posted that the government has been cutting their fees for four years and will do an across the board 20% reduction for all doctors ending their posting by saying they would continue to provide care but it looked as if they may have to dissolve their practice
Old 01-16-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRoadie View Post
There is no secret about what is going on with the ACA. Some groups are paying more so others can pay less. My annual Medicare Advantage costs are up about $3,000 (includes both of us) from what they were when the ACA passed. I assume that money is going to somebody who "needs" it more than I do. Count me as one of the losers. The OP was one of the winners.
My health care is not under the ACA nor Medicare/Medicare Advantage so I must not be supporting anyone who "needs" it. Anyone else in this boat?
Old 01-16-2015, 05:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisnut View Post
My health care is not under the ACA nor Medicare/Medicare Advantage so I must not be supporting anyone who "needs" it. Anyone else in this boat?
Just before ACA took over, both my kids had Anthem and they had fabulous policies. Low premium and low deductible. The policy didn't meet ACA standards because it only had $500 in prescription medicine. It was fine with us because they never used prescription meds except for a round or so of antibiotics once or twice a year. Enter ACA and the premiums doubled as well as the deductible.

My insurance from last year almost doubled for this year. The deductible as well.

I would have to agree. Those who got the perks are happy. Those who didn't and now are paying more for other people's insurance are not so happy. It works either way for the insurance companies.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRoadie View Post
Sounds right.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Pounding the ACA is so yesterday.
Gee, I don't know that anyone is "pounding" ACA and some people are significantly impacted by the change so, for them, it really isn't "so yesterday".
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.