Heart of Florida Youth Ranch Fire - Donations Needed

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2018, 06:12 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Heart of Florida Youth Ranch Fire - Donations Needed

Dear Neighbors,

I wanted to let you know that the Heart of Florida Youth Ranch, sustained a fire on Saturday in the cottage where the younger boys (5-14) are housed. Luckily, no one was hurt but there was significant water and smoke damage. Unfortunately insurance covers only a portion of repair/replacement for the damaged items. These boys are orphans and foster children who have very little to begin with and now everything plastic, including legos and all plastic toys, had to be trashed per state requirements. The fire was sparked from the water heater located in the houseparents portion of the cottage and the houseparents lost everything, including all their clothes, personal belongings and all the diapers and other purchases stockpiled in anticipation of the birth of their 3rd daughter. There will be almost no insurance money available to cover their needs.

Therefore, I’m asking you to please look at the list below and contact me if you can donate any of these items - tax donation forms can be provided to you. I suspect that many of you have already cleaned out your attics and spare stuff in your previous donations, but please contact me at 352-552-6762 or fernhd@aol.com if you can make a donation of anything or for more information. I can assure you any donation will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your generousness to date and your consideration of this new request,

Fern

HOFYR Fire Replacement needs

Living room set - couch, loveseat and/or chair, tables, lamps

Bedroom set - bed, mattress&boxsprings, dressers, nightstands, lamps,

Bunk beds, dressers, nightstands, lamps

Baby to be: Huggies size newborn and 1, Tommee tippee anti colic bottles, 0-3 month dresses, Any clothes 3-6/6-9 months, Johnson and Johnson bath product Playmat, Space savior high chair, Huggies sensitive wipes.Minnie mouse hygiene set.

Daughter 1: Size xs or 6 girls clothing, /shoe size 10 kids

Daughter 2: Size 14/16 girls, shoe size 4 women/girls

Father: Men’s size large shirts, shorts 34, shoe 10 1/2

Mother: (due end of May) Maternity tops medium & bottoms small, shoes 7

Boys clothing to fit 5 through 14 year olds

Linens - bedspreads, sheets, pillows in twin or queen, towels

Legos and accessories

Toys and games for boys age 5-14

Walmart dollhouse and accessories

Plastic drinking glasses

Plastic laundry baskets (14)

Plastic kitchen cooking utensils, mixing bowls, etc

Cleaning supplies

Paper products, including toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, paper plates and plastic disposable cups

Vacuum cleaner

I talked with the Ranch yesterday and they would appreciate it if you could post it on Talk of the Villages. If anyone responds about contributions or if you want to add it, they can send checks to me at 1275 Eureka Mill Run made out to me with HOFYR in For line and I will shop for what they still need or make it out to Heart of Florida Youth Ranch. We plan to have a truck here on Friday.

Thanks for your help,
Fern

Last edited by rjn5656; 05-19-2018 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 05-23-2018, 10:01 PM
Gold member

Thank you for all the donations. The Ranch needs some furniture - beds, sofas, end tables, dining room table, etc.

If you have something, please let them know.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:06 PM
Gold member
Default Heart of Florida Youth Ranch Fire - Furniture Donations Needed

De

I wanted to let you know that the Heart of Florida Youth Ranch, sustained a fire on Saturday in the cottage where the younger boys (5-14) are housed. Luckily, no one was hurt but there was significant water and smoke damage. Unfortunately insurance covers only a portion of repair/replacement for the damaged items. These boys are orphans and foster children who have very little to begin with and now everything had to be trashed per state requirements. The fire was sparked from the water heater located in the houseparents portion of the cottage and the houseparents lost everything, including all their clothes, personal belongings and all the diapers and other purchases stockpiled in anticipation of the birth of their 3rd daughter. There will be almost no insurance money available to cover their needs.

Therefore, I’m asking you to please look at the list below and contact me if you can donate any of these items - tax donation forms can be provided to you. I suspect that many of you have already cleaned out your attics and spare stuff in your previous donations, but please contact me at 352-552-6762 or fernhd@aol.com if you can make a donation of anything or for more information. I can assure you any donation will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your generousness to date and your consideration of this new request,

Fern

HOFYR Fire Replacement needs

Living room set - couch, loveseat and/or chair, tables, lamps

Bedroom set - bed, mattress&boxsprings, dressers, nightstands, lamps,

Bunk beds, dressers, nightstands, lamps

I talked with the Ranch yesterday and they would appreciate it if you could post it on Talk of the Villages. If anyone responds about contributions or if you want to add it, they can send checks to me at 1275 Eureka Mill Run made out to me with HOFYR in For line and I will shop for what they still need or make it out to Heart of Florida Youth Ranch. We plan to have a truck here on Friday.

Thanks for your help,
Fern

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.