Flea Markets

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Sage
Default Flea Markets

Anybody been to Renninger's Flea Market in Mt Dora and can make a after action report?

http://www.renningers.com/dora/dorahome.htm
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 02-18-2008, 12:39 AM
Sage
Default Re: Flea Markets

Chuck,

Iv'e been there many times. I really do enjoy it, everything from junk to produce to some very unusual and rare antiques. Any specific questions? Let em rip! Ill be glad to help if I can.

There is no difficulty on earth that enough love will not conquer.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:11 AM
Sage

N:

Thanks for the info

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 02-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Chuckinca
The one I have to most fun at it Market of Marion , about four miles north of tv on 441.......90% new stuff.......everything from rollaids to rolexes(knockoffs) .....open fri. sat. & sun. its huge......
finicky fumar
Old 02-20-2008, 05:45 AM
Sage

Thanks for the info Fumar

My wife is the shopper and we have been to Markets of Marion many times.

Looking for more distant places - like within about 50 miles or so that have regular open dates. Have you heard of anyplace in Gainsville? (the drive up 441 to Gainsville is a nice trip)

There is a Chinese restaurant on 441 a mile south of the university on "Bivens Arm" lake that was interesting and the food was fine for lunch. The museum on the campus was worth and admission too - a nice day trip.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Veteran member

Try the flea market at Webster, FL (about 30 mi south)
Very large, rummage, antique & stuff like Marion.

http://www.websterfleamarket.net/
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 02-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Sage

Aln:

Thanks for the info.

I believe someone mentioned that Webster was a lot of walking around and not much worth buying (but, I am sure my wife will have to see for herself)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.