Herd Immunity

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2020, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts
Default Herd Immunity

Another thread closed before I could respond to a comment. I'm getting "Thread Closed" fatigue........

Originally posted by oneclickplus..........
"You can't get "herd immunity" without infecting the herd. Take OFF your mask and go about your life. If you're worried about other people living free without a mask - then stay home."

We will achieve herd immunity SAFELY when enough people globally are inoculated with a safe and effective vaccine. I can only hope that day will come while I'm still alive and can once again enjoy life as it was pre-pandemic.

In the mean time, I will wear my mask when in public indoors all the time and outdoors when social distancing can not be maintained. The exception to wearing a mask indoors is when dining in a restaurant. Hubby and I will not go to any restaurant that does not socially distance their patrons. That is a choice hubby and I have made for ourselves. We are doing everything we can to stay safe yet still enjoy life. It can be done. No, we do not want to stay home.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:18 AM

With herd immunity you don’t get a shot of mercury and aluminum. Vaccines contain known toxins that in any other ingest able, and /or injected form are banned.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michread View Post
With herd immunity you don’t get a shot of mercury and aluminum. Vaccines contain known toxins that in any other ingest able, and /or injected form are banned.
The FDA will assure us that the vaccine is safe. I will believe them. I've never died of a vaccine before and I figure I will survive this one too.

Achieving herd immunity without a vaccine will find us with many many more deaths. That is NOT the way to go.

Last edited by coffeebean; 10-29-2020 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michread View Post
Yes, you are right, you get a chance to die a painful, suffocating, lonely death instead. Yeah for herd immunity!
Old 10-29-2020, 10:29 AM
Sage

Here is another comment I would like to reply to (from that CLOSED thread).......

sooziesoul stated:
"I’m 40 years in Healthcare and I KNOW what masks can and can’t do. Masks do NOT "contain a virus. Particulates of a virus are so small that they pass right through!"

Really? 40 years in healthcare? Have you heard of "Droplet Precations"?

The virus does not travel on its own. The virus is contained in droplets and/or aerosols which are larger than the virus particles. There is no respiratory virus that will eject itself from the body all by itself. Those teeny tiny virus particles need a mode of transmission. That mode of transmission is droplets and aerosols.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:37 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,376 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Another thread closed before I could respond to a comment. I'm getting "Thread Closed" fatigue........

Originally posted by oneclickplus..........
"You can't get "herd immunity" without infecting the herd. Take OFF your mask and go about your life. If you're worried about other people living free without a mask - then stay home."

We will achieve herd immunity SAFELY when enough people globally are inoculated with a safe and effective vaccine. I can only hope that day will come while I'm still alive and can once again enjoy life as it was pre-pandemic.

In the mean time, I will wear my mask when in public indoors all the time and outdoors when social distancing can not be maintained. The exception to wearing a mask indoors is when dining in a restaurant. Hubby and I will not go to any restaurant that does not socially distance their patrons. That is a choice hubby and I have made for ourselves. We are doing everything we can to stay safe yet still enjoy life. It can be done. No, we do not want to stay home.
What is your objective with all these threads? Do you think you are going to change anyone’s mind? It doesn’t matter how right or wrong you are people are still going to do what they want.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:38 AM
Sage

And... I am pretty sure most people know exactly when there was turn towards the policy of heard immunity and why, a couple of weeks ago.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:41 AM

The virus does not travel on its own. The virus is contained in droplets and/or aerosols which are larger than the virus particles. There is no respiratory virus that will eject itself from the body all by itself. Those teeny tiny virus particles need a mode of transmission. That mode of transmission is droplets and aerosols.[/QUOTE]

What happens to those droplets when the reach either the inside or outside of a paper or cloth mask. The are quickly absorbed and no longer have the integrity of a droplet. This allows the componets within the droplet to separate and then pass through the mask. Masks may briefly delay the passage of a virus but unless it is a N95 rated mask they do not stop it.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
What is your objective with all these threads? Do you think you are going to change anyone’s mind? It doesn’t matter how right or wrong you are people are still going to do what they want.
Yes, I do believe repeating a message makes a difference. Just look at the percentage of mask compliance over the month nationally. Sometimes the only way people finally hear is when you play the broken record. Most politicians do this.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
I keep hoping one person will actually listen and open their mind. The information I pass on in these threads is very much available to anyone. I believe in the science and scientists.

I've heard the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and hoping for a different result. I guess, that is what I'm up against. I just keep plugging along and hope one person will open their minds to science that has been proven.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I keep hoping one person will actually listen and open their mind. The information I pass on in these threads is very much available to anyone. I believe in the science and scientists.

I've heard the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and hoping for a different result. I guess, that is what I'm up against. I just keep plugging along and hope one person will open their minds to science that has been proven.
Good luck then. I just think sometimes it just makes people dig their heels in harder.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post

What happens to those droplets when the reach either the inside or outside of a paper or cloth mask. The are quickly absorbed and no longer have the integrity of a droplet. This allows the componets within the droplet to separate and then pass through the mask. Masks may briefly delay the passage of a virus but unless it is a N95 rated mask they do not stop it.
Please provide a link to this information that the virus can pass through a mask when the droplets/aerosols have evaporated.

I have posted a video several times on this forum that demonstrates how well a single layer of T Shirt material blocks droplets from spraying onto a mirror when water is spritzed on the fabric in front of a mirror. NO water droplets get through and the mirror stays perfectly dry. If there are virus in those droplets. you are saying that the virus will proceed through the fabric all by itself? Really? I would honestly like to know if this can happen.

Logically, if the virus is on the outside of the mask after the droplet has completely evaporated, how in the world does the virus make its way to the other side of the fabric or paper mask? Think about that. Does the virus have feet? I honestly don't think this is possible and I have not read any articles that claim this is a possibility.

We are supposed to be very careful when handling our masks when removing them so not to contaminate our hands. Personally, I take off my mask by the ear loops and reach behind my ear to remove the mask. Another safety practice people should be doing after they remove their masks is to either sanitize their hands or wash their hands with soap and water. That may be the reason we sometimes see people driving in their cars, by themselves, with a mask on. They do not want to contaminate their hands.

Again, please provide a link that states the virus can pass through a mask (not N95) after the droplets/aerosols have evaporated. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:

Sadly, being intentionally obtuse and contrarian seems to be the new religion for some...

We are approaching the point of no return to avoid overflowing the medical systems worldwide.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Good luck then. I just think sometimes it just makes people dig their heels in harder.
I get it. Those folks have their fingers in their ears while loudly yelling, "la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la". Yup. I've seen them do it. LOL.

emoticon with fingers in ears - Google Search

EDIT: I STILL don't have any idea how to post a picture on this forum.
Old 10-29-2020, 11:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I get it. Those folks have their fingers in their ears while loudly yelling, "la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la". Yup. I've seen them do it. LOL.

emoticon with fingers in ears - Google Search

EDIT: I STILL don't have any idea how to post a picture on this forum.

Scroll down further on the reply section there is a button for Manage attachments in the Additional options section. There is also a small icon at the top that looks like a paperclip
Closed Thread

Tags
herd, mask, immunity, life, stay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.